DA Pins, ordering info and final proof - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 70 Old Nov 8th, 2006, 10:41 am Thread Starter

Droppers Anonymous---STICKERS READY IN TWO DAYS

Friends,

Attached is the proof of what the stickers will look like. Each "sticker" will be in two pieces. One "piece" will be silver reflective vinyl (with fiberglass imbedded) and dark navy lettering with the quote, approx. 3" by about 4". The other "Piece" will be the bike that is below it on the proof attached below, the "DA" will be die cut from it, the whole "bike" will be die cut and will peel off separately...

In other words, if you only want the "Bike" part, you can put just that on, it will be a silouette of an LT in reflective light silver, and the color of whatever you put it ON will come through the die-cut DA, the other sticker is separate and can be strategically placed underneath your motor--

I'm putting my "Bike" on the fairing in front of the BMW roundel, and the quote sticker under the saddlebag, but the "bike" might look cook on the back of a helmet, too, and would be safety enhancing as well...

I'll have actual photos in about two days, am workin on the pins, unfortunately those are gonna' be a minimum of 100, but the place I found ought to be able to make them look EXACTLY like an LT, two color, the whole nine yards with a very subtle DA on them, so they should be fun.

Pete
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DA final.pdf (254.6 KB, 280 views)

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 Old Nov 8th, 2006, 11:07 am

Looking good.

never thought about sticking them on the lids, Might be in the market for a couple more! Thanks for doing all the donkey work.

Rgds
Mike

"For those that know, no explanation is needed,
For those that don't, no explanation is possible."

2001 K12 LT Toscana Green AKA Baby Sh*t Green
Kawasaki EN500 - been sold on!
Hardtail Chopper ( Honda CB 500 engine) in a box still!
post #3 of 70 Old Nov 8th, 2006, 11:46 am

Maybe just my computer, but I don't see anything in the attached files.....

post #4 of 70 Old Nov 8th, 2006, 12:12 pm

Cool

Looks great. Thanks for the effort. Let me know where the money should go.

2005 R1200GS (to be named)

2005 K1200LT Gretchen traded in for GS

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #5 of 70 Old Nov 8th, 2006, 12:23 pm

Looks more like a goldwing to me .

regards bikenumbnuts
04 your 05 in graphite
in blighty
post #6 of 70 Old Nov 8th, 2006, 12:36 pm

thanks for doing this

Quote:
Originally Posted by donn
Maybe just my computer, but I don't see anything in the attached files.....
I had the same problem. Had to save the file to my desktop and open it that way. Do you have Acrobat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzyellodog
Looks great. Thanks for the effort. Let me know where the money should go.
+1. I have to mail a check, so let us know where to send it and final costs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesnumbnuts
Looks more like a goldwing to me.
I noticed that as well. Is our sticker going to be an LT or the GW pictured here?...not that it matters too much. Could someone provide a silhouette of an LT?
post #7 of 70 Old Nov 8th, 2006, 1:08 pm

Huh...?

Let me get this straight! You guys are actually going to slap these...ah-humm, Dumb Ass labels on your LTs????

Why?

Do you know that IF you do use them, you will no longer be Droppers Anonymous!

J. Averill Townsend
Bloomfield Hills, MI

IBA# 24374

2002 K1200LTC - Silver
1978 R100/7 - Very, very Black
2004 Bushtec Quantum - Silver, of course...(SOLD)

post #8 of 70 Old Nov 8th, 2006, 1:25 pm

Thumbs up I like it

Looks good Pete, any chance letting me know of what it'd cost to send down to Aussie please? Can you get the bike logo in a different colour, like IMPALA BROWN,the colour of choice by discerning riders ?

Ride safe all

Regards

Big Dog
'04 K1200LT
Ulysses #33984
Cogito Ergo Sum: I think, therefore I am.
What am I?

post #9 of 70 Old Nov 8th, 2006, 3:29 pm Thread Starter

Replies...

1. The silouette (I think I am spelling that incorrectly) will be of an LT, sorry for the confusion

2. Yes, I could get different colors, but it would cost about $30 each, the price is based on square footage of the material, setup costs and the machining which I've already paid for, but if you really want it, I could make it happen...let me know (and they don't have that color in reflective)

3. I am happy to see the first "why would you buy something like this?" post already. Two potential responses. A) One thing you can do with a sticker like this is give it to a friend who owns and has dropped his or her precious LT as a way to "bust their chops" and B) if you think it's a stupid idea, nothing is forcing you to participate. There was a lot of interest, and I figured that if no one actually took the steps to do it, it never would materialize, so I laid out the credit card as I am going to do with the pins. If it brings a few people some enjoyment, then that will make me PERSONALLY happy--something I've been in very short supply of lately. If you aren't interested, that's ok, too, but don't rain on the parade of the few of us that think it's kind of a fun idea, please?

More detail as it comes available.

Pete

post #10 of 70 Old Nov 8th, 2006, 4:03 pm
Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevandyke
1. The silouette (I think I am spelling that incorrectly)
Silhouette - like at the police target practice range!

Sorry Pete - just bustin' some chops - couldn't help myself :-)

Ted

Camarillo, CA
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S - Red
2007 R1200S - Black - Sold
2003 K1200LTC - Silver - Sold
IBA# 16554

post #11 of 70 Old Nov 8th, 2006, 6:14 pm Thread Starter

we use live Californians for target practice here, so I never had to learn how to spell that...

tag, you're it

post #12 of 70 Old Nov 8th, 2006, 6:32 pm

stickers

great job - how much and where do I paypal the money to?

Graham Wintersgill
On the bonnnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond

2001 K1200LT

1995 K75RT now deceased
post #13 of 70 Old Nov 8th, 2006, 6:54 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
They're not live Californians if they had to run, dig, or swim to get here.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #14 of 70 Old Nov 8th, 2006, 10:49 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Pete, ready to send the check for three. Just let us know the address.

Chuck
post #15 of 70 Old Nov 9th, 2006, 9:45 am Thread Starter

Arrow THE SILHOUETTE!!!---will have them in hand by Monday

here's the final proof, will have them in hand, take pics and post them with pricing and shipping (they should be easily shippable in envelopes, we'll figure out how to get them to our friends overseas) by Monday pm at the latest!

and remember...even if you don't like the idea of putting it on your bike, it makes a great gag gift for a friend who drops his...hell, I think I "owe" myself two...

Pete
Attached Files
File Type: pdf THE proof.pdf (238.0 KB, 77 views)

post #16 of 70 Old Nov 9th, 2006, 3:12 pm

Talking Sweet

Can't wait! I need two.

2005 R1200GS (to be named)

2005 K1200LT Gretchen traded in for GS

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #17 of 70 Old Nov 10th, 2006, 7:29 am

Count me in for 2 or more, depending on the cost. Thanks for putting these together.
post #18 of 70 Old Nov 10th, 2006, 1:01 pm Thread Starter

The D.A. Stickers Are Done

OK, they are done and ready for shipment for anyone who wants them now...the pins will be at least another three weeks. (In other words, if you want to wait for the pin results, and for me to order them, and for them to come in, and then to figure out how to get the whole mess shipped in one envelope, that's up to you).

I've attached pictures aplenty below. i stuck one on my laptop to show how what is below shows through, and took a shot in relative darkness with a flash to show the reflectiveness of the material (didn't have a helmet today, or I'd have put it on there).

(and for those who think it's a stupid idea, save us all the bandwidth and make fun on your own, no need to post on the thread)

The two-sticker set (motorcycle and "if you can read this...") worked out to $4.11 each.

Standard US shipping for 1 sticker set

Envelopes $.15 + Postage $.39 = $.54

the postal meter here says that throwing another $.39 cent stamp would cover up to four additional sticker sets.

so if you're ordering 1 set, $4.65, more than that will be $4.11 per sticker set, $.54 for shipping and the envelope for the first sticker, $.39 for the next four, and $.39 for each additional "up to four" and so on (cripes I have a headache now).

Friends from overseas, we'll figure out how to ship to you, I think there may be something on http:www.usps.com if you're interested in saving me some hassle.

So if you are interested, send an email to me at [email protected] and we'll work it out. Once they're gone, they are gone, next "goodie" after the pins is on someone else's shoulders.

Have a safe weekend everyone, don't forget to vote on your pin preference.

Pete
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0335.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	577.1 KB
ID:	8132   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0336.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	363.9 KB
ID:	8133   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0340.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	714.9 KB
ID:	8134   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0341.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	470.7 KB
ID:	8135   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0343.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	8136  

post #19 of 70 Old Nov 11th, 2006, 8:16 am Thread Starter

Payment Option

If you want, I set up a PAYPAL account...

you can send money for sticker orders to my account:

[email protected]

make sure to include in the memo section your full address and a phone number, plus the number of stickers...please follow the shipping info in the thread above, I bought a stack of envelopes and stamps, so anyone who chooses this route will get them in a couple days.

Pete

post #20 of 70 Old Nov 11th, 2006, 5:54 pm

Quote:

(and for those who think it's a stupid idea, save us all the bandwidth and make fun on your own, no need to post on the thread)

Pete

What is this about, someone hurt your feelings or something, so no one can post their thoughts on your D.A. idea. Sorry if these two sentences are taking up your much needed bandwidth.

2015 R1200Rt- Ebony
2005 K1200Lt- Dark Graphite
1978 KZ1000 Ltd- Black
St Clair Shores, Mi
BMWMOA # 185482

post #21 of 70 Old Nov 11th, 2006, 7:07 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Pete put a lot of work into this project, as well as fronting all the money. It seem to be well received by those who it was aimed at, and will bring a smile to many on this list.

However, there are always the one or two who feel compelled to chime in with nothing but negativity. To those folks I say if you don't think it's a good idea, then just don't buy one. But keep the negative comments to yourself.

Seems simple enough.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #22 of 70 Old Nov 12th, 2006, 10:20 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Pete put a lot of work into this project, as well as fronting all the money. It seem to be well received by those who it was aimed at, and will bring a smile to many on this list.

However, there are always the one or two who feel compelled to chime in with nothing but negativity. To those folks I say if you don't think it's a good idea, then just don't buy one. But keep the negative comments to yourself.

Seems simple enough.

I'm sure Pete did put a lot of effort into this just like everyone else that has developed a product for this group, I never seen any negative comments about it but I did log in with almost 700 new posts so if there was any I missed them.

The most negative comments I've seen about a product here are for one of the better products in my opinion and that would be like Butt-ahh seats which I'll most likely buy even with the negativity from one or two members. To Rons credit he can take anything anyone dishes out without telling people not to waste his bandwidth.

So to Pete, who cares if there was negative comments, it happens with all products and more so with a novelty item, take it in stride and do what you do.

Seem simple enough Meese.

2015 R1200Rt- Ebony
2005 K1200Lt- Dark Graphite
1978 KZ1000 Ltd- Black
St Clair Shores, Mi
BMWMOA # 185482

post #23 of 70 Old Nov 12th, 2006, 10:38 am

Question Ken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese

Seems simple enough.
Heh, Ken, here's my post that apparently ruffelled poor Pete's feathers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JATownsend
Let me get this straight! You guys are actually going to slap these...ah-humm, Dumb Ass labels on your LTs????

Why?

Do you know that IF you do use them, you will no longer be Droppers Anonymous!
Since when on this site has a simple comment been considered so odious and negative? Hell, man you do it all the damn time! Including now.

I guess it's just a matter of perspective.

BTW, Pete never DID bother to answer the question. Why?

J. Averill Townsend
Bloomfield Hills, MI

IBA# 24374

2002 K1200LTC - Silver

post #24 of 70 Old Nov 12th, 2006, 6:23 pm Thread Starter

Oh geeze, ok fire away...

JA,

nah, your post didn't hurt my fragile feelings...you give yourself too much credit...lol

Both of you guys are right, feel free to post as many "this is a really stupid idea, why the hell would anyone in the world ever want to do something as retarded as that" additions on this thread, I was out of line to ask that people not do that. I had no right nor place doing it, even though over the last month when the idea had developed there were plenty of opportunities for people to do just that, and I was trying to keep it clean for anyone who actually wanted one.

So please, accept my apology for somehow offending YOU by posting a request that you not muddle the thread with negativity...I am sorry.

As to the "Pete still didn't answer WHY..." part, I guess you'd have to ask the fifteen people who already placed their orders this weekend, I think some get a chuckle out of the fact that some of us who aren't perfect have dropped "our babies," some like being able to jab a friend in the ribs after they do the same, and some just liked the idea. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose...but again, it was probably out of line to highlight in red and oversized letters a request that people that thought it was a dumb idea just "voice" their opinion by not purchasing one instead of jumping in with a "P*** in your Cheerios" posting, so I apologize.

Pete

post #25 of 70 Old Nov 12th, 2006, 6:42 pm

Thumbs up

Pete, I don't even think you need to defend yourself.
You came up with a product, which undeniably has a humorous connotation, kind of like writing "Kick Me" on the sole of your little brother's shoes before he takes communion!!!
I am not so sure why anyone would take offense to your "disclaimer", but so be it if they do!
I, for one, give you a high five for coming up with the idea... (FYI, my name is Gilles and I dropped the bike once, in 2004)

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #26 of 70 Old Nov 12th, 2006, 8:29 pm

Quote:
JA,

nah, your post didn't hurt my fragile feelings...you give yourself too much credit...lol

Both of you guys are right, feel free to post as many "this is a really stupid idea, why the hell would anyone in the world ever want to do something as retarded as that" additions on this thread, I was out of line to ask that people not do that. I had no right nor place doing it, even though over the last month when the idea had developed there were plenty of opportunities for people to do just that, and I was trying to keep it clean for anyone who actually wanted one.

So please, accept my apology for somehow offending YOU by posting a request that you not muddle the thread with negativity...I am sorry.

As to the "Pete still didn't answer WHY..." part, I guess you'd have to ask the fifteen people who already placed their orders this weekend, I think some get a chuckle out of the fact that some of us who aren't perfect have dropped "our babies," some like being able to jab a friend in the ribs after they do the same, and some just liked the idea. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose...but again, it was probably out of line to highlight in red and oversized letters a request that people that thought it was a dumb idea just "voice" their opinion by not purchasing one instead of jumping in with a "P*** in your Cheerios" posting, so I apologize.
Pete
Pete:
Get your meds checked and relax...you have nothing to apologize for!

I was simply curious why anyone would want to slap a sticker on their LT that announces that they have dropped their bike. Many of us have, I have, BFD! Live, learn, move on.

J. Averill Townsend
Bloomfield Hills, MI

IBA# 24374

2002 K1200LTC - Silver

post #27 of 70 Old Nov 12th, 2006, 10:28 pm Thread Starter

how did he know I was on medication?

relax, JA, sheesh.....personally, I'm putting MINE on top of the fu**in' gouge I put on the side of my LT when I dropped it on my inclined driveway six weeks ago

Send me your address via email, I'll send you a set no charge for you to give to a buddy as a practical joke when he or she drops theirs...

Life is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too short to get worked up over such incredibly insignificant stuff. An old co-worker used to say "twenty years from now, none of this will matter..." Hell, twenty years from now, I'm surely not gonna' matter...

Have a great week, everyone

post #28 of 70 Old Nov 12th, 2006, 10:43 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEBS
I'm sure Pete did put a lot of effort into this just like everyone else that has developed a product for this group, I never seen any negative comments about it but I did log in with almost 700 new posts so if there was any I missed them.

The most negative comments I've seen about a product here are for one of the better products in my opinion and that would be like Butt-ahh seats which I'll most likely buy even with the negativity from one or two members. To Rons credit he can take anything anyone dishes out without telling people not to waste his bandwidth.

So to Pete, who cares if there was negative comments, it happens with all products and more so with a novelty item, take it in stride and do what you do.

Seem simple enough Meese.
Well hey Ron, thanks for the compliment! I don't ever try to take anything too seriously - and quite frankly a lot of the guys here are ignorant - in the true meaning of the word - when it comes to understanding the technology we use in our products. They love to live in the past and feel comfortable joining the dogma that is so wretchingly prevalent in our society and especially in motorcycle circles. They can't stand progressive, innovative thinking.

But, I gotta admit;

I came up with some "bumper" stickers a while back that were pretty silly - but I just could not resist. (picture attached)

I caught tons of s**t from some of the "law and order" and hyper religious neocon types here. I was castigated as being an outcast and trouble maker for even THINKING of doing this - even though I was raised by a career FBI agent and am strongly committed to law enforcement.

You know what - I really don't care what they think!

The interesting thing: I received hundreds of inquiries and shipped them all out - just for grins.

I think Pete has a fun idea - and while I have yet to join "the club" (well, except for once when I high centered the skid plate on a rough mountain road, and another time when it got blown over by a 70 mph gust....) I gotta give him some credit for taking the time to do this.

Would I put them on my bike? Nah.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FREE POLITE stickers for BMWLT.net members.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	8168  

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #29 of 70 Old Nov 13th, 2006, 9:35 am Thread Starter

Talking

Uh oh, I'm "off my meds again..."

Pete: That's a really stupid idea, those stickers.

Pete: I respect your opinion, but to be fair, lots of others already said that in the previous weeks, this thread was just an update for those who said they wanted them.

Pete: Yeah? Well I think you have bad breath.

Pete: Really? I brush, floss, AND use mouthwash...is this the right place for this?

Pete: Who are you to restrict who posts what, the charter of the Forum is to allow free speech!

Pete: Yes, you're right, I am sorry.

Pete: Damn right you are, you are one sorry son of a...

Pete: Hey, I was just trying to do something "fun" for everyone, why so nasty?

Pete: Grow up, whiner! Lots of people before you have done stuff like this, and they don't tell people how to react! Take a MIDOL (tm)

Have a great week...send those orders in or paypal them, I'm down to half of the stickers...will have details on the pins soon.

Pete

post #30 of 70 Old Nov 13th, 2006, 10:46 am

Since you left out the periods, I reckon you can get double duty out of the stickers
Like when people say "BMW makes motorcycles now?"
As for them being stupid or offensive, not in the least, if you haven't dropped your sled, get out there and try harder. Unless your age or medical condition prevent it,your not far from a Trailer poser.
Hell I had stickers printed with GW's smiling face on them that say, gave them away.
1. Words of Mass Deception
2. Terrorist At The Pumps (For your fuel stop fun)
Man talk about your knee jerk reactions, couple times thought I was gonna get shot (wont be the first time)
Rock
post #31 of 70 Old Nov 13th, 2006, 10:53 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
while I have yet to join "the club" (well, except for once when I high centered the skid plate on a rough mountain road, and another time when it got blown over by a 70 mph gust....) I gotta give him some credit for taking the time to do this.

Would I put them on my bike? Nah.
Gee Ron
Thats twice, how many do ya need to get in??
Not many are going to approach my 3 times in an hour. (Unless TMG tries Cades Cove road before it finished)
I thought them sticker you had were great, can't figure out why anyone would have a problem with them..
Rock
post #32 of 70 Old Nov 13th, 2006, 11:47 am Thread Starter

Smile And Uncle Rock comes thru again!

BRILLIANT!!!!!

There you go...if you've never dropped your bike before, buy a sticker anyway, and put the bike part somewhere, maybe INSIDE the top trunk.

Someone at the gas pump or wherever says "Duh, gee, uh, I didn't know BMW made motorcycles"

and you, in kinda' a Jeff Foxworthy "here's your sign" kinda- way, can just nonchalantly point to the sticker and say yeah, letting the "DA" on the sticker represent "DUMB ASS!" in that case meaning "of course they do, you dumbass!" instead of "Droppers Anonymous"

post #33 of 70 Old Nov 14th, 2006, 8:57 am Thread Starter

Arrow C'mon, guys (and ladies), pony up...

I still have a sizable stack of stickers and a bunch of people who posted "I'm definitely interested" haven't yet responded. I'm ready to pull the trigger on the pins with my own money as well, please don't leave me in the lurch on these things...

Pete

post #34 of 70 Old Nov 14th, 2006, 9:26 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRock
Gee Ron
Thats twice, how many do ya need to get in??
Not many are going to approach my 3 times in an hour. (Unless TMG tries Cades Cove road before it finished)
I thought them sticker you had were great, can't figure out why anyone would have a problem with them..
Rock
The time I high centered on the skid plate was particularly embarrassing.

Pulled off the pavement and spotted an awesome camp site just outside the Taos ski area next to the river.

Planned my my downhill route through the ruts and rocks - (I'm an old moto crosser ) and at that point I realized I was now balancing 800 lbs. on a single pivot point - with my right leg FULLY extended on a downhill slope supporting the beast.

I sat there for about 5 minutes doing my best to "rock" it off the pivot, but there rear tire just sat there and spun. After a few more minutes it was obvious that my leg could only hold out a little while longer.

My leg started to shake (I call it sewing machine leg) and eventually I tipped over to the right in gravel and laid it down gently on the crash bar.

The worst thing about this was my (well, actually it's the wife's) 12 pound poodle was on board - no doubt thinking "Just exactly what the HELL are you doing?". We both sat there for about 30 minutes - no doubt looking rather forlorn - until I flagged down a passing truck. Another one of those circumstances where no one man could have picked it up.

WOOF!

(I don't think it counts for DA if you actually contemplate in advance how it is going to happen?)

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #35 of 70 Old Nov 14th, 2006, 12:49 pm Thread Starter

Hey, maybe your wife's dog would buy a sticker set to get even with ya?

have the pooch reach out...

post #36 of 70 Old Nov 15th, 2006, 11:27 pm Thread Starter

Arrow D.A. Pins...check it out

I am MOST impressed with the way these came out, the attached proof is going to be changed just a tiny bit, making the "DA" more subtle (smaller and in a script font), but I think you'll all agree that this is one neat lookin' pin. They'll be 1 1/2 inches long, and should be in my hands in about 10 days, cost is going to be about $5 each, I have to figure out how best to ship them...they'll be in individual sealed plastic bags, but I need to make sure that standard envelopes will be ok for mailing.

What does everyone think?

(specifics to follow)

Pete
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Proof-1.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	8204  

post #37 of 70 Old Nov 16th, 2006, 1:33 am

Most excellent in deed. 3 please.

Rgds
Mike

"For those that know, no explanation is needed,
For those that don't, no explanation is possible."

2001 K12 LT Toscana Green AKA Baby Sh*t Green
Kawasaki EN500 - been sold on!
Hardtail Chopper ( Honda CB 500 engine) in a box still!
post #38 of 70 Old Nov 16th, 2006, 5:51 am

Thumbs up

I really like the Pin!

Please put me down for one.

Should I will follow this thread for payment instructions?

-Ekim
2005 K1200LT (R.I.P.)
Manchester, MD

post #39 of 70 Old Nov 16th, 2006, 6:03 am

DA Pin

Pete, I would like two.

Can you order them in silver or will they be available only in blue?

Let me know how you want payment.

Thanks.

To the west of ya in Fort Worth.

James

James Hart
2002 LTE Titan Silver
1992 Yamaha Virago 750 (given to friend)
River Oaks, TX
post #40 of 70 Old Nov 16th, 2006, 7:19 am

When the Shadow Riders Forum did them, the pins were mailed in a bubble envelope.

Those are nice. Haven't dropped the beast yet, but might have to have a pin, just for the bike on it...

Rando
post #41 of 70 Old Nov 16th, 2006, 7:46 am

Pete:
Excellent job. I'll take 2, just let me know how to pay.

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne
post #42 of 70 Old Nov 16th, 2006, 8:16 am

Alright, I got to know. I have searched to try to avoid asking the question, to no avail.

What does "DA" stand for?

Mike M

2007 K1200GT Dark Graphite
post #43 of 70 Old Nov 16th, 2006, 8:31 am

Put me down(SIC) for a couple of those "Droppers Anonymous" pins. But I guess if I wear this pin then I won't be anonymous anymore!
post #44 of 70 Old Nov 16th, 2006, 8:31 am

But ..... but - it's upright!

Alex H Lindsay
Melbourne, FL
Champagne 2001 LT
Space Coast BMW Riders
post #45 of 70 Old Nov 16th, 2006, 9:06 am

Put me down for one !
Thank goodness it doesn't have room for the # of times we " gently laid it over "
so to speak.
Thanks for your effort.
Mike
post #46 of 70 Old Nov 16th, 2006, 9:14 am

Quote:
I am MOST impressed with the way these came out, the attached proof is going to be changed just a tiny bit, making the "DA" more subtle (smaller and in a script font), but I think you'll all agree that this is one neat lookin' pin. They'll be 1 1/2 inches long, and should be in my hands in about 10 days, cost is going to be about $5 each, I have to figure out how best to ship them...they'll be in individual sealed plastic bags, but I need to make sure that standard envelopes will be ok for mailing.

What does everyone think?

(specifics to follow)

Pete
You forgot to mention that they need to worn upside down!

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #47 of 70 Old Nov 16th, 2006, 11:00 am
Rider Journeyman

Quote:
I am MOST impressed with the way these came out,...

What does everyone think?...

Pete
Howdy Pete,

Cool Pin!

How do I get one without the "DA" on it at all?

Bill "Omaha"

"Life may have begun at 44, but it didn't get thrilling until I shot past 100"

'04 K1200LT "Dieter" Titan Silver, FB 4/23/04
'06 K1200R "Wolfgang" White Aluminum Metallic, FB 6/7/05

RCB AMA, BMWMOA, Booze Brother "in training"
CCR: '04 Breckenridge CO, '05 Jackson Lake Lodge WY, '06 Chateau Elan GA, '08 Midway UT

post #48 of 70 Old Nov 16th, 2006, 11:20 am

1, please. (not for the # of times it's been dropped, but for the # of people in my family who want to wear it!)

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #49 of 70 Old Nov 16th, 2006, 11:39 am

Smile

Sign me up for a blue one and silver one. Great job. Please advise of payments and ordering information.

Thanks

OKU

O. K. Upchurch III
Irvine, California

2016 R1200gs
2000 K1200LT (Best Bike #1)
1997 R1100RT (Best Bike #2)
1995 K1100LT
1990 K75RT
post #50 of 70 Old Nov 16th, 2006, 1:25 pm Thread Starter

only gonna' be one design...

Sorry everyone, but unless you want 100 pins in a color other than the proof, it's gonna' be just like I posted, with a smaller "DA" in script font

I'll post instructions on ordering later today or tomorrow at the latest!

Pete

(I "think" you'll be able to scratch the DA off with an exacto blade if you choose, not certain)

Last edited by petevandyke; Nov 16th, 2006 at 1:26 pm. Reason: change

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in