Mick o pegs - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old Mar 15th, 2017, 8:10 pm Thread Starter

Mick o pegs

So I own an 05 K1200LT. For the most part, I'm fairly happy with the bike. But, having had 5 knee surgeries, the locked foot position on the foot pegs kills me. I took my first road trip last weekend, 380 miles on day one and 520 on day two. My knees were barking at about the 250 mark on day one and by the time I got home, it was unbelievable. I'm running with Run For The Wall this year, picking up in Odessa, TX and going all the way to DC. Return trip will route me through Ft Campbell, KY to visit my son serving with the 101st Puking Pigeons. I'm thinking mick-o-pegs AND jpegs are getting put on before I depart.
I've tried contacting mickopegs through the website ridingiswonderful.com and through Facebook. After a week, still no response. I've watched eBay regularly since buying the bike for mickopegs, but have yet to come across any. So I'm wondering if anyone has any they want to part with or know of anyone?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old Mar 16th, 2017, 9:17 am

Re: Mick o pegs

I lowered my pegs with Suburban Machinery lowering kit and that helped a lot.

05 Dark Graphite LT
post #3 of 12 Old Mar 16th, 2017, 12:31 pm

I have a barely used set of Mic-o-pegs that I'll let you have for $250.00 plus shipping. I bought them and decided I didn't like them.

[email protected]

Last edited by wtevritks; Mar 16th, 2017 at 12:46 pm.

post #4 of 12 Old Mar 16th, 2017, 12:32 pm

[email protected]
post #5 of 12 Old Mar 16th, 2017, 6:37 pm

Travis,

Dont know about the Highway pegs, but the darius floorboards, lowered, make a huge difference. The floorboards feel so much better, I can ride twice as far without hip or knee issues.

Contact Us

Steve
post #6 of 12 Old Mar 16th, 2017, 9:40 pm

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Handleson View Post
So I own an 05 K1200LT. For the most part, I'm fairly happy with the bike. But, having had 5 knee surgeries, the locked foot position on the foot pegs kills me. I took my first road trip last weekend, 380 miles on day one and 520 on day two. My knees were barking at about the 250 mark on day one and by the time I got home, it was unbelievable. I'm running with Run For The Wall this year, picking up in Odessa, TX and going all the way to DC. Return trip will route me through Ft Campbell, KY to visit my son serving with the 101st Puking Pigeons. I'm thinking mick-o-pegs AND jpegs are getting put on before I depart.
I've tried contacting mickopegs through the website ridingiswonderful.com and through Facebook. After a week, still no response. I've watched eBay regularly since buying the bike for mickopegs, but have yet to come across any. So I'm wondering if anyone has any they want to part with or know of anyone?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I have the mick o pegs, j pegs and Darius footboards and it makes a huge difference. At first it was the mick and j pegs which really do help. I found I used the mick o pegs more often to allow my leg and knee to straighten out. The j peg would cause my hip to cramp but that's from a lack of stretching.

The footboards are lower and forward about an 1 1/2" I believe. These made the biggest difference for me. I can move my feet around, no ache in the knee and I can still use the other pegs. The only issues I've experienced are they will touch down on curves or rises in curves so you have to slow down and pay attention sometimes. I also notice heat off of the exhaust on the left side at slow speeds but nothing major. Of course the shifter and brake levers are higher but after a day or two of riding it's none issue. I'll keep the boards on until I'm going to hit twisties or get aggressive then I'll put the stock pegs back on. Keep a look out in the classified section and do a general search in google to see what you can find.

Last edited by St0rm1; Mar 16th, 2017 at 9:47 pm.
post #7 of 12 Old Aug 28th, 2017, 8:05 am

Installation Instructions Needed!

I purchased a used set of Mick-O-Pegs for a 08 K1200LT, I specifically need the template for cutting the trim panel on the safety bar. Their website (ridingiswonderful.com) has been down for at least ten days and they have only responded to one email advising their system is down. I can't find a phone number. I know a lot of you have installed the pegs and I'm hoping you have a set of instructions laying around.

Thanks in Advance!
post #8 of 12 Old Aug 28th, 2017, 12:40 pm

I just sold mine last week. I'm looking for the right front foot peg if anyone has one for sale. Don't ask. lol
post #9 of 12 Old Aug 28th, 2017, 4:06 pm

I removed my Mick o pegs and would sell both to the right buyer.
post #10 of 12 Old Aug 28th, 2017, 7:17 pm

This is just a little sideways, but if anyone is wondering what the heck is going on with the Mick-O-Peg website (ridingiswonderful.com) and email, well here’s the reason. Jay Mick (Mick-O-Pegs) sent me an email today and informed me their website is down ... and their webhosting company is closed due to the Texas hurricane. He’s not sure when they'll be open again, but once they are, and he can get our website back up, everyone will be able email and browse the website.
post #11 of 12 Old Sep 14th, 2017, 11:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima View Post
I removed my Mick o pegs and would sell both to the right buyer.
I'd take him up on these. you'll never be able to tell the different's between new and used. unless you keep them down to long into the turns, even then you can't really tell.
post #12 of 12 Old Sep 14th, 2017, 11:38 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by big C View Post
I'd take him up on these. you'll never be able to tell the different's between new and used. unless you keep them down to long into the turns, even then you can't really tell.
there's plenty of mounting instructions out there as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in