First 2017 outing with a new friend - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By bmwcoolk1200
  • 1 Post By bmwcoolk1200

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Mar 12th, 2017, 5:49 pm Thread Starter

First 2017 outing with a new friend

Yesterday, greyc03 and I hooked up for a ride even though rain was slated in the evening. We met up at the Highway 20 and 400 BP station after a false start where he pulled off a few exits early and called me to tell me he was there

After 45 minutes trying to pair our headsets together without success, we decided to just go on and not waste the rest of the day. The plan was to ride highway 9 up to Dahlonega and then do the suches loop with food somewhere along the way. With no coms, we just had to ride together. You can see him following as he had not been on those roads before.

We had barely gotten started when we came across a detour so both of us were on roads that were new to us. They weren't bad but not overly exciting.

Finally found our way back to hwy 9 and continued North through the town circle in Dawsonville where I lost my companion to traffic endlessly circling the town center like in Nation Lampoon's vacation. I pulled over and waited for him to catch up and we went on to my favorite hole in the wall gas station to buy a lottery ticket. Lord knows, if any place is going to produce a winner, it is that place. They also have non-Ethanol too

Got my lottery tickets and we proceeded North again. Since we had a delay in getting started with the fail to pair, we decided to stop in Dahlonega for lunch as there is nothing to eat on the loop. Moe's was calling so we stopped and had lunch. No sooner than we left that parking lot to head towards Suches, it started to rain and my camera battery died because I forgot to turn it off during lunch.

I pulled off into a parking lot and we discussed riding the loop in the rain for a good 1/2 seconds before we agreed that heading back would be in our best interest so we high tailed it over to 400 and super slabbed it back home.

There will be other and better days to introduce greyc03 to the loop and other roads up North. neither of us like to ride in the rain. Both bikes ran well up and back even though we had our tails between our fenders. Some things are worth fighting through and others are simply a matter of enjoyment.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	123674   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	383.2 KB
ID:	123682   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	324.2 KB
ID:	123690   Click image for larger version

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	452.1 KB
ID:	123698   Click image for larger version

Name:	05.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	298.3 KB
ID:	123706  

Click image for larger version

Name:	06.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	392.8 KB
ID:	123714   Click image for larger version

Name:	07.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	123722   Click image for larger version

Name:	08.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	123730  
Bomajoma likes this.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA
2001 K1200LTI – Champagne (current ride) Lazy Susan
1998 R1100RT – Never should have sold it
1974 Yamaha TX 750 Twin. Omni Phase Balanced

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Mar 12th, 2017, 7:50 pm

Re: First 2017 outing with a new friend

I have two sisters that live in Cumming. My son and I took a ride up there in my Subaru a few months ago to stay at a cabin they had rented up near Cleveland. Beautiful area! Wish I had my bike at the time.

Bob

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains,
and we never even know we have the key."

'05 K1200LT

'07 HD Softail Deluxe (sold)

'02 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe (sold)

'98 Triumph Tbird (sold)

'61 Good lookin' cajun girl (still have)

'15 #1 Grandson (future rider)
post #3 of 3 Old Mar 12th, 2017, 8:06 pm Thread Starter

Re: First 2017 outing with a new friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomajoma View Post
I have two sisters that live in Cumming. My son and I took a ride up there in my Subaru a few months ago to stay at a cabin they had rented up near Cleveland. Beautiful area! Wish I had my bike at the time.
Between North GA and North Carolina, we have some of the best roads in the country. I don't get up there near enough. It is where I go when I have the time. Maybe I will see you there some time. Too bad I didn't get there this time. Summer is coming!!!!
Bomajoma likes this.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA
2001 K1200LTI – Champagne (current ride) Lazy Susan
1998 R1100RT – Never should have sold it
1974 Yamaha TX 750 Twin. Omni Phase Balanced

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in