aux input jacks - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By mtrevelino

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Dec 24th, 2016, 9:56 pm Thread Starter

aux input jacks

i searched but cant find what the rca power outlets are rated for. i got a heated visor for helmet test input jack showed 14v inserted heated visor jack and nothing. hooked directly to battery works fine. the dealership told me they cant handle to much heated gear or they will cut out which seams to be what is happening because when i unplug the visor its back to full voltage. they said i would have to hook heated gear to battery in most cases.

so how many watts/amps are these factory jacks rated for? y would they make these so low i mean wonder if i had suit gloves socks ect i have to wire them directly. anyway i picked up a inline fuse to wire the visor to battery. i have no idea what the visor draws. so i will put a 10 amp fuse in it and see what happens.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Dec 25th, 2016, 7:34 am

Re: aux input jacks

What power outlet did you plug into? One is always hot and the other only when the bike is running. Also check the fuses. With only one heated item plugged in your LT should handle it without any issues. When I had my LT I did wire the pigtail directly to the battery through a heat troller (?) device to regulate the heat. My wife would plug her gear into the outlet next to her without any issues.
As for your question as to how much the outlets handle, it was answered a couple of times before. You will need to do a search or someone else may know the answer.
Here are some search results for you to go through:
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/search.php?searchid=5268761
Also, the power circuits are controlled by 15 AMP fuses (I read that somewhere).
99+bmw likes this.

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT
2000 LT - Totaled at 99,960 miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mtrevelino; Dec 25th, 2016 at 7:41 am.
post #3 of 3 Old Dec 25th, 2016, 9:01 am Thread Starter

Re: aux input jacks

i plugged into the lower one and passenger. i checked them both they had voltage. then when i plugged the device in no power. tried it with key off and key on maybe this visor just draws to much but the wires from it look to be no thicker then 18 gauge

thank for your help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in