BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Taller Windshield

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  dlafoy 
#1 ·
Whilst riding I notice wind hits the top of my helmet and my pillion feels the cold more than me. I assume a tall replacement shield would really help and in wet conditions I can always lower it down to see over.
Any advice on the best dimensions?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I think I've seen the wide version on a bike I viewed. Mine works fine on the sides, it's just the height issue. I suppose with both I could always swap them over when it gets warmer maybe. We are talking the UK weather here!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Mine is the same as mtrevilino's. sorry I don't know how to post pics! Thanks! I find that with aeroflow I get calm air with the screen lower. Actually get better mileage that way.

#9 ·
I have used Cee Bailys on my K1300GT and my current 16 R1200RT. I use the tallest they offer. On the R bike it is 27.5 tall and 18 wide. In a down pour I can put the screen all the way up and hide in the dry . All the way down I see 2 inches over the top. I would like to find an air deflector that routes air coming under the screens to the left and right. I used to have a small black cloth rolled up about 10 inches long tucked into the little air port above the display. I ride with an open face and the cold winter air makes my eyes and nose drip.

Reactions: dlafoy
#11 ·
I put a Cee Baileys with the wings on and it made a big difference. They come in multiple sizes and their site shows how to measure to get the best for your needs. The wings really help in the rain. I got the grey tint too and it doesn't bother vision day or night. Excellent windshield.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.