BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Front Mudguard(fender(?)) Extension

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Woolly 
#1 ·
Anyone ever added an extension to their front mudguard to stop mud/salt/horse droppings splatering the engine/radiators in winter, and do you have any piccies??

#2 ·
Woolly said:
Anyone ever added an extension to their front mudguard to stop mud/salt/horse droppings splatering the engine/radiators in winter, and do you have any piccies??
Hey, Brian - try a search for "Fender Extender" and see if anythang pops up. I know we've had discussions on that item in the past. It might even be listed in the 'accessories' list. HTH a leetle.

#4 · (Edited)
Woolly said:
Here ya go - the only thing I did different than my original design was to use wide flange black plastic "Christmas tree" fasteners instead of the wide flange aluminum rivets as shown. Easier to install, look better and no worries about oxidation. These were cut from a piece of truck ... errrr, lorrie.....bed liner.

Cheers.

Attachments

#5 ·
RonKMiller said:
Here ya go - the only thing I did different than my original design was to use wide flange black plastic "Christmas tree" fasteners instead of the wide flange aluminum rivets as shown. Easier to install, look better and no worries about oxidation. These were cut from a piece of truck ... errrr, lorrie.....bed liner.

Cheers.
Thanks Ron (BTW it's 'Lorry' ;))!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.