LT Prices UP!!!!!! - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By frhekö
  • 1 Post By norton

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Sep 24th, 2016, 7:41 am Thread Starter

Garage
LT Prices UP!!!!!!

I've noticed something very interesting and encouraging lately. Checking out Craigslist, and Motorcycle sales sites, i saw that the Price of LT"s (all years) is slowly going up. Even NADA average retail and trade prices have gone up considerably since last year. This has got to be a good thing. Has anyone else noticed this. I purchased my 2006 lt with 70k on it and all the upgrades performed for $6000 from last year from a dealer. I now can find NO LTs of that year for that price. I've also noted that the k1600GTL's have gone DOWN in price. HMMM.. Any comments?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/SIGPIC]

Joe
Palm Coast, FL.

2006 K1200LT (Love it)
2002 R1150RT (Sold)
2007 Harley FLHTCU (sold at 137k Miles)
1999 Harley Night train (blew the eng at 150k miles)
1986 harley Davidson FLTC (Sold When assigned to Europe
1982 Harley Wide Glide (sold)
1981 Kawasaki k1000LTD (sold)
1980 Triumph Bonneville (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Sep 24th, 2016, 9:26 am

Garage
Re: LT Prices UP!!!!!!

That works for me as I am going to sell my 2001 LT here in the next few days. Maybe I won't lose money on the beast.
post #3 of 11 Old Sep 24th, 2016, 8:20 pm

Garage

I just got a ridiculously incredible deal on an immaculate 2003 LT with 25k miles. I was concerned that it might have issues, but the inspection was reasonable (tires, brake lines, and possible ABS failure), and I have already put 1000 trouble-free miles on it. Absolutely no problems (the ABS light is blinking, but that's it).

Brake lines and tires coming this week and I'll still be below KBB value.

Maybe the prices went up right after I bought it??? If so, good for me
BeemerJoe likes this.

post #4 of 11 Old Sep 25th, 2016, 5:35 am

I'm not sure how you would determine that prices are going up. When I look at LT prices they fluctuate so much depending on all the factors that drive pricing. This makes doing a comparison very difficult. Also some prices seem way high which may be the sellers strategy to get the most they can. It would seem to me prices will continue to drop as bikes age and LT riders sell and move on to newer machines.
I love the LT and will keep it until it dies from old age, but would not buy another.
Voyager likes this.

Scott
2007 LT
post #5 of 11 Old Oct 2nd, 2016, 10:53 pm

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by frhekö View Post
I just got a ridiculously incredible deal on an immaculate 2003 LT with 25k miles. I was concerned that it might have issues, but the inspection was reasonable (tires, brake lines, and possible ABS failure), and I have already put 1000 trouble-free miles on it. Absolutely no problems (the ABS light is blinking, but that's it).

Brake lines and tires coming this week and I'll still be below KBB value.

Maybe the prices went up right after I bought it??? If so, good for me
Lucky for me- the rear brake fluid reservoir was in need of a top-off. ABS warning lights no more
post #6 of 11 Old Oct 13th, 2016, 6:55 pm

Every time I think about selling my LT I clean her all up then go out and ride her and then think why am I selling her? I bought a KTM 1190 Adventure a couple of years ago and have been riding that but when I drag out the LT and go for a ride I realize how smooth of a bike it really is. The only problem now is the power, I have to remind myself there is nothing wrong with it, it's just when you get off of a bike that makes 150hp and weighs 500lbs a 116hp almost 900lb bike is going to be slower.

05' LT Dark Grey, "Battle Star"
14' KTM 1190
03' KTM 450 EXC Dually
72' Honda SL 100
67' Triumph Bonneville
65' Honda CB160
70' Honda CB350
post #7 of 11 Old Oct 14th, 2016, 6:37 am

The prices are up because the owners are insane.

I have had my 2005 for sale for a couple of months.
It has every farkle you could add and I only get the occasional interweb tire kicker.
No serious lookers.
I have mine priced at or below what others have theirs listed for and mine has at least 2-3K worth of extras.
I haven't seen anyone else's bike sell either.

BMW K 1200 LT More options than your car

Visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
_ Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it over?
post #8 of 11 Old Oct 14th, 2016, 5:38 pm

Exclamation Re: LT Prices UP!!!!!!

I am brand new to the forum, and since I am in the market for an LT, I figured I'd offer my observations.

Most of the ones the OP sees on CR for high prices have been there for a long time, either via renewing the ad, or creating new ones. Heck some people have three ads running at the same time, with the older ads showing the higher price.
Some are people not really interested in selling them, just looking for a big fish to hit. Others have an unrealistic idea of what they are selling for.
Yet the only ones that seem to sell are the steals, a couple of which I have missed. For example a 2006 with only 13k sold for $3500
Had it not been on the SW end of Florida, I would have checked it out the same day with cash in hand. However living in Miami, I planned on going over the weekend. Needless to say it didn't last that long.

The bottom line is that the overwhelming amount of cars, bikes, and boat go down in value, not up. The LT seems no different from my perspective as a potential buyer.
post #9 of 11 Old Oct 14th, 2016, 8:13 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeERideWNC View Post

It has every farkle you could add and I only get the occasional interweb tire kicker.
No serious lookers.
I have mine priced at or below what others have theirs listed for and mine has at least 2-3K worth of extras.

You obviously haven't found the right buyer. I had posted my '07 on this forum, but due to technical issues with the site, gave up on it and posted it several times on eBay. That didn't pan out and I gave up for some time, subconsciously not really wanting to sell it as it had been dialed in to exactly how I wanted it with over $6K of options, including and RDL seat, PIAAs, Yacugar shocks, Garmin 590LM with TPMS, Fix-It-Before-It-Breaks toplatch kit, metal QDs, etc., and another BMWLT forum member ended up buying it. I'm happy it went to a good and proper home to someone that appreciates what he got and will ride it for another couple of hundred thousand miles like he did his last LT.

Dave Beck
'16 K1600GTLE
'07 K1200LT (sold 9/24/16)
'74 Suzuki GT750L (long, long gone)

post #10 of 11 Old Oct 14th, 2016, 8:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeERideWNC View Post

No serious lookers.

People price their stuff to keep or to sell. Sounds like LT owners are pricing their bikes to keep riding them and if someone offers the right amount of money, they will sell. I will sell my bike today for the KBB true price including all options - which is at about $6,000. Of course, then, I will take that money and some other money and buy another BMW bike...lol.
post #11 of 11 Old Oct 14th, 2016, 10:50 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerJoe View Post
I've noticed something very interesting and encouraging lately. Checking out Craigslist, and Motorcycle sales sites, i saw that the Price of LT"s (all years) is slowly going up. Even NADA average retail and trade prices have gone up considerably since last year. This has got to be a good thing. Has anyone else noticed this. I purchased my 2006 lt with 70k on it and all the upgrades performed for $6000 from last year from a dealer. I now can find NO LTs of that year for that price. I've also noted that the k1600GTL's have gone DOWN in price. HMMM.. Any comments?
I disagree with LTs appreciating. I have a couple friends trying to sell theirs, and are getting no nibbles. The LT is 20 year old technology.

Don't get me wrong - I LOVED mine, but their time is passed.

As far as K16 prices coming down, yes, of course they are. They're entering their 6th year of production, so it's a mature product, and you can get some great deals on 12's and 13's - just like any 5 year old bike.

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in