EBC Rotor installed. - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By james216

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Sep 11th, 2016, 11:33 pm Thread Starter

EBC Rotor installed.

Well gang. Finally installed my new EBC rotor on Saturday. In preperation for my ride to Pigeon Forge smokies trip. It Went fairly well. Did have to drill out screws that hold ABS ring on. (Which i expected). Heated up Abs ring and pulled off etc..etc. Went for a ride today. WOW.. Should have done this a few years ago. It's Quiet. No clanging cowbell. No squealing. It's weird. I was just so used to the clanging. It is just so nice and Quiet,And looks so much better.

2004 K1200LT. Big Mama
1999 Suzuki Intruder VL1500LC. Betty Lou.
I'm a 4 percenter.

Last edited by james216; Sep 11th, 2016 at 11:37 pm. Reason: Add content.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Sep 11th, 2016, 11:37 pm

Re: EBC Rotor installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james216 View Post
Well gang. Finally installed my new EBC rotor on Saturday. In preperation for my ride to Pigeon Forge smokies trip. It Went fairly well. Did have to drill out screws that hold ABS ring on. (Which i expected). Heated up Abs ring and pulled off. Went for a ride today. WOW.. Should have done this a few years ago. It's Quiet. No clanging cowbell. No squealing. It's weird. I was just so used to the clanging. It is just so nice and Quiet,And looks so much better.
Mine wasn't clanging but it did have a grinding metal sound I couldn't put a finger on. All gone with the new EBC. I also had to drill the heads off the screws so not sure if it is a spare or not for someone. I expect sleeve retainer or loctite could be used to secure the sensor ring if necessary. It really isn't worn much but not going back.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA
2001 K1200LTI – Champagne (current ride) Lazy Susan
1998 R1100RT – Never should have sold it
1974 Yamaha TX 750 Twin. Omni Phase Balanced

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old Sep 12th, 2016, 9:24 am Thread Starter

I just put loctite on new screws they provided. It said nothing about using retaining slip fit loctite on ABS ring.Which I was thinking about doing,but didn't.

2004 K1200LT. Big Mama
I'm a 4 percenter.

post #4 of 6 Old Sep 12th, 2016, 10:27 am

Quote:
I just put loctite on new screws they provided. It said nothing about using retaining slip fit loctite on ABS ring.Which I was thinking about doing,but didn't.
You don't need any thing on the ring itself. I was talking about my old stock rotor that is not badly worn and someone else using it. Since I drilled off the screw heads, you would either have to drill and tap for replacement screws or use something to keep the ring in place like loctite or sleeve retainer.

Loctite on the new screws and nothing on the ring is correct.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old Sep 12th, 2016, 11:21 am Thread Starter

Oh yes. I know. But I have a habit of overkilling things sometimes. And thought for about retaining compound for a minute. Then said no. Better not. Just do what the instructions dictate for change..LOL. My old rotor is shot.. Garbage.
bmwcoolk1200 likes this.

2004 K1200LT. Big Mama
I'm a 4 percenter.
post #6 of 6 Old Sep 12th, 2016, 11:45 am

Quote:
Oh yes. I know. But I have a habit of overkilling things sometimes. And thought for about retaining compound for a minute. Then said no. Better not. Just do what the instructions dictate for change..LOL. My old rotor is shot.. Garbage.
Max doesn't show the ring as a separate part of the $570 rotor so I don't want to have to buy one new

It stayed on for 15 years with just those screws so I figure it will stay on again

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in