Bend Oregon to Lake Tahoe - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By GaryEm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jul 28th, 2016, 1:21 pm Thread Starter

Bend Oregon to Lake Tahoe

I have a route planned to get to Bend Or. I was going to spend some time in the Willamette National Forest But was going pick my way towards Lake Tahoe from there anybody know a nice route to get there What is the 101 along the ocean like

Gary
2003 K1200LT

Last edited by GaryEm; Jul 28th, 2016 at 2:13 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jul 28th, 2016, 4:51 pm

Garage
Re: Bend Oregon to Lake Tahoe

Absolutely great riding with amazing coastal views, cooler temperatures, Fortuna and Fort Bragg have great breweries with food. 299 and 36 around Eureka are great, you could do 36 to Lake Almanor (check out Mount Lassen) and then south to Tahoe. You could also take 20 from Fort Bragg in towards Tahoe but I haven't been on that road in years so don't know the condition. I usually take 128 through wine country, Lake Berryessa, (that might drop you too far from Tahoe) then connect to 80 up to Tahoe. It all depends on how much time you have.
I usually avoid 5, too hot in the valley, too boring, too straight but it's quick.
Love those roads, you'll have a good time.
post #3 of 4 Old Jul 28th, 2016, 6:04 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNando View Post
Absolutely great riding with amazing coastal views, cooler temperatures, Fortuna and Fort Bragg have great breweries with food. 299 and 36 around Eureka are great, you could do 36 to Lake Almanor (check out Mount Lassen) and then south to Tahoe. You could also take 20 from Fort Bragg in towards Tahoe but I haven't been on that road in years so don't know the condition. I usually take 128 through wine country, Lake Berryessa, (that might drop you too far from Tahoe) then connect to 80 up to Tahoe. It all depends on how much time you have.
I usually avoid 5, too hot in the valley, too boring, too straight but it's quick.
Love those roads, you'll have a good time.
Thanks for the info I probably will take 101 down and welcome to the forum
IDNando likes this.

Gary
2003 K1200LT

post #4 of 4 Old Jul 28th, 2016, 8:02 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

101 was pretty hot last year as we left Idaho headed to the Bay Area. Wished we had gone down the coast again at Fort Bragg as it hit 101 on the 101.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in