Is E-Bay seller legit? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 10:18 am Thread Starter

Is E-Bay seller legit?

Just wondering if any members here have ever heard of a company called EuroSport Cycles? I've seen them selling numerous LT's on E-bay in the past few months and I'm just wondering if they're legit...

Here's a link to one of the auctions:
http://tinyurl.com/t3tv4

Cheers,
Lucky

ATGATT
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

2004 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom
1982 Yamaha XJ650RJC Seca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 10:37 am
Wrencher Extraordinaire

They may be but I kept reading "the bike will be repaired to like new condition" so it looks like he is buying wrecks and fixing them up. I guess if that is what you want, go for it.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 10:56 am

I came across their listing a while ago and one thing that's not clearly spelled out in their listings is the kind of title the bikes will have.
For example, a salvage vehicle will - at least in California - always have 'Salvage' in the title even after re-registering. Salvage title will greatly reduce the resale value of the bike or might make it difficult to resell, so if you consider buying for keeps then this may be a good deal, otherwise you might end up loosing on the deal.
Consider also, that salvaged bikes are out of factory warranty, so you may save some dough up front, but end up loosing it at the back end if some repair issue comes up later, that - on a 'normal' bike - would be covered by factory warranty.

Steve

post #4 of 11 Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 11:12 am

IHMO I would stay away from a rebuild/salvage usually a salvage titled vehicle even rebuilt will have more problems in the long run. Insurance may not cover you if in an accident. They may claim that it was due to the prior history of the bike. Just my 2 cents....

David

2003 K1200 LTC Anthracite
post #5 of 11 Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 1:51 pm

Exclamation Probably Legit, but why buy a bent bike?

... when you can purchase a non-salvage one for nearly the same price? Within two grand of their buy now price one could purchase the same year LT from a private party. It's my perception that they rely on the eye-candy-factor: selling shiny bikes (new plastic) that PROBABLY have been repaired to an acceptable level for use. I could be wrong -- maybe they rebuild and do non-destructive testing on the frame, etc.

I would not buy a salvage because it would haunt me that maybe a catostrophic problem could occur at 80mph. That said, do whatever blows your hair back! Your life, your money, your bike.

Regards,
John
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 K1200 LTC - Canyon Red
post #6 of 11 Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 2:14 pm
Ted

I wouldn't do business with anyone who thinks they have to subtract 13 from 16 for me.

Ted

Camarillo, CA
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S - Red
2007 R1200S - Black - Sold
2003 K1200LTC - Silver - Sold
IBA# 16554

post #7 of 11 Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 6:21 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
I wouldn't do business with anyone who thinks they have to subtract 13 from 16 for me.
LOL Good advice; think I'll follow it.

Thanks for the advice guys; you're all correct, of course. Although a salvage bike may look good at first, and maybe even ride OK, I'd always be worrisome of what's about to fall off...

Cheers,
Lucky

ATGATT
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

2004 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom
1982 Yamaha XJ650RJC Seca
post #8 of 11 Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 6:45 pm

Some states do not allow a salvage title to be registered. Check it out if you are inclined to buy someone elses problem.
post #9 of 11 Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 9:36 pm

my two cents...

last bit of advice on any bike from ebay...

and I bought my current ride from ebay, by the way...if it sounds too good to be true, contact the seller and tell them you'd be happy to do business with TWO stipulations (and if they reply in email, it's binding, by the way).

1. That in order for the "contract" to be complete, the motorcycle has to pass a third party inspection by an independent appraiser you select

and

2. That funds you pay for the motorcycle be paid through an escrow service that YOU select, not them (in other words, you pay a .5 to 1% fee for an escrow service to hold the money, once you receive the bike and are OK, then they release the cash into the seller's hands).

When I was shopping, I had (no exaggeration) NINE "sellers" opt out of the deal and mysteriously pull their auctions immediately after I insisted on both conditions. One a**hole listed a v-rod for under $8K from Italy, including freight, when I saw it re-listed a month later I notified Ebay again.

Also, when you look at the feedback numbers next to a seller (i.e. petevandyke(233)....) don't stop there, click on it and see WHAT they've got feedback for, I'm now unfortunately in the process of looking for a new-to-me car, and you'd be amazed how many people claim to be "I only buy the best, select pre-owned vehicles for sale on Ebay..." but then when you look deep into their feedback it turns out that although they have 200+ feedback remarks, they are all for t-shirts and collectable frogs and stuff, but no vehicles...

And I mirror the above, salvage titles are for suckers, IF you can get insurance, it'll likely be twice as much for half the coverage, you have no clue what you're gonna get (might have been underwater after the hurricanes for all you know), and good luck selling it in a couple years...IF your state will title it.

cavaet emptor and all that jazz

p

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"

FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.
post #10 of 11 Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 11:04 am

Unless you have experince with salvaged titles and insurance (recon, spec con) I would suggest staying away.
Plus I don't think the prices were that great anyhow.
We are going into winter in the north, and the Turkey to Santa, bike buying season is almost upon us.
Rock
post #11 of 11 Old Oct 24th, 2006, 12:05 am

Wink This man knows what he is talkin about

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRock
... We are going into winter in the north, and the Turkey to Santa, bike buying season is almost upon us.
Rock
It's the wrong to be selling a bike. If it's on the market, the seller is probably hightly motivated and the number of buyers are way down. It's the only time I'm actively looking (actually September through March).

Regards,
John

2000 K1200 LTC - Canyon Red

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in