radio - 06 lt rear speakers operation - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Buff8stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jul 7th, 2016, 11:16 am Thread Starter

radio - 06 lt rear speakers operation

hi - well my new 2 me LT- the rear speakers work when I start the audio system (only 1) will work with the CD and Radio - until i make a change (switch to another function) then it stops - is it worth it to repair the radio or just replace it -
do earlier units have the same harness???
has anyone done a total replacement to a better (aftermarket system) and still have all the controls still work???

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jul 7th, 2016, 3:01 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: radio - 06 lt rear speakers operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky_dickey View Post
hi - well my new 2 me LT- the rear speakers work when I start the audio system (only 1) will work with the CD and Radio - until i make a change (switch to another function) then it stops - is it worth it to repair the radio or just replace it -
do earlier units have the same harness???
has anyone done a total replacement to a better (aftermarket system) and still have all the controls still work???

Thanks in advance
Do a thorough search of the forum. There are several threads about aftermarket replacements. Not sure if he's still going, but there was a gentleman on the east side of the Atlantic that was repairing and modifying the LT units you'll find that info in a couple different threads as well. You could also likely find a used unit for sale on eBay. I think most of the guys that have had issues with the stock radio have just gone to using an Mp3 player of some sort.
Tricky_dickey likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old Jul 8th, 2016, 11:27 am

Carphonics in the UK. His name is Baris. He can repair & modify factory unit. Add output options. Or several aftermarket options are here in detail.

2004 K1200LT. Big Mama
1999 Suzuki Intruder VL1500LC. Betty Lou.
I'm a 4 percenter.

Last edited by james216; Jul 8th, 2016 at 2:43 pm.

post #4 of 4 Old Jul 8th, 2016, 1:05 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky_dickey View Post

Thanks in advance
Yes there have been a number of folks that have replaced the radio and add a resistor network the will allow the use of the handle bars controls. However you will not be able the controls on the stingray. The details for replacing are very detailed, try a search for radio repair. If you get stuck lets us know and someone will find then posts.

John Baker

2005 BMW K1200LT
1979 Suzuki GS1000E
1978 Honda CB350
1975 Suzuki GT380

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in