New to the forum (sort-of) - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old Oct 18th, 2006, 11:53 am Thread Starter

New to the forum (sort-of)

Well, I'm new to the forum and I bought my used (7640 Miles) 05 LT,
BMW Yellow, (Gold) on August 21st. Since then, I've been monitoring this forum daily. Some days I can't wait to log on and see what you guys have to say next. I'm in Tennessee just outside of Knoxville,(LC). Are there any LT'rs in the area? I'm amazed that I hardly ever see any since we have a local dealer, "Destination Motorcycles". I've learned a lot and you guys have probably helped me to not make some common mistakes related to this bike. That being said, I did gently drop it once already. Some guy in a pick-up pulling a boat thought he could drive in my lane with me. He didn't realize (apparently) how big I was. How do you not see a LT? For the most part, no damage to speak of. Just a couple of small scuffs. I learned I couldn't pick it up on my own, too many knee surgeries. Thought I would post and join in on the fun.

Rod

2005 LT, Gold
2006 Bombardier 400
"In the End,It's all About Jesus"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old Oct 18th, 2006, 12:04 pm

Welcome to the best bike best forum combination

--------------------------------
Elton 'StrsOut' Marks '02 Silver-Member #337 (or 287?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 LT - 62,394 miles as of 08/05/2007
2003 GS - 20,960 miles as of 07/11/2008
Loma Linda - CA
IBA#14,458 - AMA

post #3 of 16 Old Oct 18th, 2006, 12:30 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Rod,

Welcome to the fold. Check out the southeast section for the last weekend in October. There will be quite a few of us up there in the Smokies that weekend. You are welcome to join us. Having lunch Friday at Bald River Falls and Saturday hooking up at Mt Pisga Inn on the BRP for lunch. Otherwise ridin' and hangin' at the Ironhorse lodge.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

post #4 of 16 Old Oct 18th, 2006, 12:40 pm

Rod,
I don't know about tennesse but if you make it to TEXAS, we sure will welcome you with open arms. and hey welcome to the best bunch of people I've ever hung out with!
post #5 of 16 Old Oct 18th, 2006, 1:03 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodGossage
How do you not see a LT?
Well, those bright yellow ones do tend to fade into the background.

Welcome, Rod.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #6 of 16 Old Oct 18th, 2006, 1:22 pm

Hi Rod. There are several around. As a matter of fact the fellow with used id of "rlv" lives in Alcoa, TN.

I've had knee surgeries too and I can pick the beast up. Come up to Iron Horse for the Fall Get Together. You'll meet some mighty fine people from all over and lot from North Georgia, Tennesse, South and North Carolina, just to name a few states.

We'd be glad to have you join us!!! And even show you how to pick this beast up.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #7 of 16 Old Oct 18th, 2006, 5:54 pm

Welcome. Not sure about TN, but there are quite a few NC LT owners around.

Joel
'02 K1200LTC
"Mauve Mile-Eater"
post #8 of 16 Old Oct 18th, 2006, 7:25 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Quote:
BMW Yellow, (Gold) on August 21st. Since then, I've been monitoring this forum daily. Some days I can't wait to log on and see what you guys have to say next. I'm in Tennessee just outside of Knoxville,(LC). Are there any LT'rs in the area? I'm amazed that I hardly ever see any since we have a local dealer, "Destination Motorcycles". I've learned a lot and you guys have probably helped me to not make some common mistakes related to this bike. That being said, I did gently drop it once already. Some guy in a pick-up pulling a boat thought he could drive in my lane with me. He didn't realize (apparently) how big I was. How do you not see a LT? For the most part, no damage to speak of. Just a couple of small scuffs. I learned I couldn't pick it up on my own, too many knee surgeries. Thought I would post and join in on the fun.

Rod
Welcome Rod... to this forum and to the wonderful world of the BMW Family.and we are a family here. Though at time a disfuntional family but one never the less. As Dan said if you find youeself in Texas look us up there are many here with an open door to fellow BMWers.Always a hot cup joe and a place to ley your head. Are you a member of BMWMOA? the anonymous book alone is worth the membership

Stevie Shreeve
post #9 of 16 Old Oct 18th, 2006, 8:53 pm Thread Starter

Thanks, John
Where exactly is the Ironhorse Lodge?

2005 LT, Gold
2006 Bombardier 400
post #10 of 16 Old Oct 18th, 2006, 10:41 pm

Smile Have you added some visibility extras yet?

Quote:
BMW Yellow, (Gold) on August 21st. ... Some guy in a pick-up pulling a boat thought he could drive in my lane with me. He didn't realize (apparently) how big I was. How do you not see a LT? For the most part, no damage to speak of. Just
Rod
Rod, Welcome! Congratulations on the best touring motorcycle built to date! I'm glad you're o.k. brother.
If you don't have Moto lights, PIAA's, Runnin' lights, etc., consider adding them - helps to be seen. Here's a few links to get you started if you haven't started the process of depleting your bank account.
http://www.rlmotorcycles.com/home/Ac.../MotoLight.htm
http://www.piaa.com/Powersports/Powersports.html
http://www.cyclegadgets.com/

Regards,
John

2000 K1200 LTC - Canyon Red
post #11 of 16 Old Oct 19th, 2006, 3:35 pm

Quote:
Thanks, John
Where exactly is the Ironhorse Lodge?
Click here to information about the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #12 of 16 Old Oct 19th, 2006, 4:49 pm Thread Starter

No I haven't but do intend to. Great links, The bank account is already feeling it.
Thanks
Rod

2005 LT, Gold
2006 Bombardier 400
post #13 of 16 Old Oct 19th, 2006, 4:53 pm Thread Starter

It looks like it's only a couple hours from me. Thanks for the info.
Rod

2005 LT, Gold
2006 Bombardier 400
post #14 of 16 Old Oct 20th, 2006, 1:10 am
IBR# 366

Garage
You might just have to sell that quad for farkle money.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #15 of 16 Old Oct 20th, 2006, 6:27 am

Hey, Rod! Welcome to the group. Best darn bunch of people you'll ever meet on a forum. Tons of knowledge and expertise. Enjoy the ride and be safe.

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne
post #16 of 16 Old Oct 20th, 2006, 10:51 am

Had to throw my welcome aboard in, too. Hope you get over to the Hendersonville area and stop in for coffee and a ride. It's a great bike.
Cheers
Bill

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in