2007 LT Right Side Speakers Dead - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jun 22nd, 2016, 2:24 pm Thread Starter

2007 LT Right Side Speakers Dead

I noticed that when I got the bike back from dealer service the last time my front and rear right side speakers were both out. I thought it was simply that someone may have knocked a connector loose in the radio for the right side speakers. I'm not a big audiophile so it wasn't an urgent matter. Last week my headlight, the Xenon one, went out so I have to replace that so I had to take all the tupperware off. All the connectors appeared to be tightly connected for the radio. Does anyone know what else would cause just the right side speakers to go out?

I bought an HID light kit from HID Kit Lights.com. It's supposed to be for this bike, but nothing looks even remotely the same. I've got a call into them to see what the deal is. Since the dealers want like $250 for a replacement and this was $89 I thought it was a good deal. Maybe no so much?

thanks for any help
Joe Rowland
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jun 23rd, 2016, 7:58 am
Lifetime Supporter

Re: 2007 LT Right Side Speakers Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrowlandesq View Post
I noticed that when I got the bike back from dealer service the last time my front and rear right side speakers were both out. I thought it was simply that someone may have knocked a connector loose in the radio for the right side speakers. I'm not a big audiophile so it wasn't an urgent matter. Last week my headlight, the Xenon one, went out so I have to replace that so I had to take all the tupperware off. All the connectors appeared to be tightly connected for the radio. Does anyone know what else would cause just the right side speakers to go out?
What did you have done at the dealer? Unless they took the tupperware and the stingray also there is no connector that would only take out one side speakers. The radio in the Lt has a typical failure in that the power amp fails and you loose one side. BTW no need to take all the tupperware off to replace the light.

John Baker

2005 BMW K1200LT
1979 Suzuki GS1000E
1978 Honda CB350
1975 Suzuki GT380
post #3 of 3 Old Jun 23rd, 2016, 12:12 pm Thread Starter

Re: 2007 LT Right Side Speakers Dead

Thanks John. Looks like I'll be buying another radio then :-(

Regarding the light, what's the secret for getting to the 2 torx screws that hold the top of the light module onto the light? I can get the spring thing off that is on the bottom, but I don't have anything that can get to those 2 screws. Also, what's the deal with dealerships charging $239 for a bulb that you can buy from Phillips for $29.99?? That is just outrageous. I know BMW dealers charge more for parts than normal places, but that's just crazy!!

Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in