Compare a '06' to a '07' - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Oct 4th, 2006, 9:24 pm Thread Starter

Compare a '06' to a '07'

Has anyone gotten in a dealership to compare a '06 K 1200 LT to a "07? I am wanting to know what changes have been made. The closest BMW dealer is in Savoy, Il, about 100 miles away. I am hoping to get me a new bike for the next riding season. Right now I don't have one having sold my 1980 Goldwing back in '84' and when I had the time I didn't have the money and if I had the money I didn't have the time. I have rented a Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic from a dealer in my area just to see if I would like to ride a bike or would enjoy riding again. I have decided that I would like a bike again, now trying to make up my mind about what to buy. Thanks for any help anyone can provide. My email addressis: [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Oct 4th, 2006, 9:37 pm

colors, nothing more.

F
post #3 of 8 Old Oct 4th, 2006, 10:01 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the infor, the dealer at Savoy still had a '06' as of the other day, I may see what kind of a deal I could get on it as there is nothing else different.

post #4 of 8 Old Oct 4th, 2006, 10:46 pm

Herbert Cycle in Baton Rouge has an 06 in the shop for service, loaded with extras that the owner wants to sell.

Big-E

1996 Kawasaki Vulcan 800
2001 Yamaha Venture- most comfortable bike on the road- Gone
2004 Honda Goldwing- Didn't like it- Gone
2005 BMW K1200LT- Great bike!- Lives on with another member
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14- Loving it for now
1998 Suzuki Bandit S-1200- Fun, just got it.
post #5 of 8 Old Oct 5th, 2006, 9:05 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Thanks for the infor, the dealer at Savoy still had a '06' as of the other day, I may see what kind of a deal I could get on it as there is nothing else different.
Colors and they made the GPS prep and the soft touch seat standard. See this link: http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11156

Duane
Mag Black 2006 LT

Three loves - motorcycles, good wine, and contrabassoon...none of which mix. Engineer by day to pay for them all.
post #6 of 8 Old Oct 5th, 2006, 6:25 pm

The most boring part of the bike in the past has been the factory color schemes. The blue in the 2007 looks just killer. The advantages of buying a 2007 LT are that it has been in production since 1999 so most of the serious problems have been ironed out. The disadvantage is that they are likely to come out with a new LT in 2008 or 2009. If you like to trade up every couple of years you could be competing with alot of LT's coming onto the market that are trading up to the new model.
post #7 of 8 Old Oct 7th, 2006, 11:25 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
I am wanting to know what changes have been made.
None! Pity though, for an extra 20c they could have added an iPod plug, but they didn't.

I would rather be riding my bike and thinking about God than sitting in Church thinking about my bike!

Regards
Allen
post #8 of 8 Old Oct 7th, 2006, 10:02 pm

I just bought an '06 LT. Reseaching the BMW website I could not see any spec changes. Though a few items have shown up here.

The most sign difference I could see was a ~$600 increase in MSRP for th '07 and I got the 'free" Nav III with the '06.. Mine has the soft seat but was not shown as an option.

Now if only I could get my shifing as smooth as the RK Classic....

I am very very happy with the LT.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in