BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Compare a '06' to a '07'

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  GBaker 
#1 ·
Has anyone gotten in a dealership to compare a '06 K 1200 LT to a "07? I am wanting to know what changes have been made. The closest BMW dealer is in Savoy, Il, about 100 miles away. I am hoping to get me a new bike for the next riding season. Right now I don't have one having sold my 1980 Goldwing back in '84' and when I had the time I didn't have the money and if I had the money I didn't have the time. I have rented a Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic from a dealer in my area just to see if I would like to ride a bike or would enjoy riding again. I have decided that I would like a bike again, now trying to make up my mind about what to buy. Thanks for any help anyone can provide. My email addressis: mss@wabash.net

#4 ·
Herbert Cycle in Baton Rouge has an 06 in the shop for service, loaded with extras that the owner wants to sell.

#5 ·
#6 ·
The most boring part of the bike in the past has been the factory color schemes. The blue in the 2007 looks just killer. The advantages of buying a 2007 LT are that it has been in production since 1999 so most of the serious problems have been ironed out. The disadvantage is that they are likely to come out with a new LT in 2008 or 2009. If you like to trade up every couple of years you could be competing with alot of LT's coming onto the market that are trading up to the new model.

#8 ·
I just bought an '06 LT. Reseaching the BMW website I could not see any spec changes. Though a few items have shown up here.

The most sign difference I could see was a ~$600 increase in MSRP for th '07 and I got the 'free" Nav III with the '06.. Mine has the soft seat but was not shown as an option.

Now if only I could get my shifing as smooth as the RK Classic....

I am very very happy with the LT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.