Reverse Trouble .... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Sep 28th, 2006, 9:15 pm Thread Starter

Reverse Trouble ....

Today my LT faltered when I attempted to back into a parking space. I flipped the transmission into reverse, pushed the starter switch and bike failed to back up. The bike made a couple of small jerks rearward, then stopped in its tracks. I disengaged the reverse, checked everything over, then tried reverse again. The LT began to back up, but it felt like something was binding up somewhere. Have anyone else had this type of problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Sep 28th, 2006, 9:30 pm

yup. my 2005 is going in for service for that problem in a couple weeks. Probably the "reverser" relay they think.. after the battery failed.

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old Sep 28th, 2006, 9:58 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
yup. my 2005 is going in for service for that problem in a couple weeks. Probably the "reverser" relay they think.. after the battery failed.
Could you please email me when you find out what the problem is? I can not send my LT into the shop yet, as my truck in having some body work where a deer tried to run through the front fender.

post #4 of 7 Old Sep 29th, 2006, 7:59 am

Sure, will do... It goes in Oct 04th.

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old Sep 29th, 2006, 8:53 am

What I did was.

My LT did that one time; Upon looking around on this site I found that some people fix the problem by looking at the reverse wires, bottom line on the right side of the bike, remove the fairing, right above the rear brake lever, below the gaz tank, wedge in between the gaz tank and the crash bar is a yellow wire, that wire is tight and wedged in there so good that it gets pinched, mine was pinched to the point of cracking the insulation, but the wire was intact so I re-routed it a little bit, slap a couple of rounds of black electrical tape and voila the reverse started working fine after that.

Something you might want to try before taking it in to the Techs.

Darcy Bastos
2007 FJR1300
2007 Ducati GT1000 Sport Classic
Atlanta, GA
post #6 of 7 Old Oct 5th, 2006, 11:44 pm

Problem diagnosed... seems the tranny interlock switch went north... that's easy fix... now it will be next week before the parts arrive for the faulty locking/alarm system.

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #7 of 7 Old Oct 6th, 2006, 3:40 pm

Dead Battery and Bad Reverser

I had a similar problem on my 05 Lt. I posted a message about a year ago.

My battery would go dead, CC BMW in Metuchen, NJ found that my reverser had gone bad and was draining the battery. First they thought it was a relay and then decided that it was a reverser. It took 2 weeks to get the part from the motherland!

After the replacement no problems at all!

My main concern was that with a low battery would my ABS fail. Thank goodness I had no problem!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in