First "RIDE" Impressions - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Sep 25th, 2006, 9:50 pm Thread Starter

First "RIDE" Impressions

Greetings All,

After around 1,100 commuting miles, we finally took our LT on a couple of "RIDES". (Insert Ear-to-Ear Grin here!) Friday night we rode from Hanford, CA to Paso Robles, CA for dinner. Then Sunday we rode from Hanford to Cambria for brunch, then on up PCH to Monterey, down 101 to San Lucas, over 198 through Coalinga and back to Hanford. Call it around 500 miles over the two rides. I was impressed with the two up handling and power. My Bride REALLY enjoyed the heated seat and backrest on Friday night. PCH was most enjoyable, except for the goober in the RV that refused to hit the turn out and let me and the eight cars behind me go by. Fell in formation with another LT riding out of Monterey on PCH going north. We both took the 156 exit and hit the bumper to bumper traffic on 156 going towards the 101. He didn't stay there long. Looking back, I probably should have followed him! Anyway, This motorcycle does everything I need it to do with ease. Having a comfortable seat for my Bride is a HUGE plus. Oh, by-the-way, if any of you find yourself in Cambria... The Moonstone Beach Bar and Grill serves up an awesome brunch with an ocean view right out front. 'Nuff said.

Bruce

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bruce

BMW MOA# 130127
IBA# 49203
MSF RiderCoach
USN (Retired)

'13 R1200GSA (Magma Red)

"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of All Who Threaten It."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Sep 25th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Great story - thanks for sharing! My g/f also loves the uber-comfortable, heated rear seat, which is one of the most influential reasons for buying not just a touring rig, but the LT. I love hearing people are as wild about the bike as I am.
If I'm ever down in Cali... which I assume won't be for a REALLY long time [if ever], I'll keep that strip in mind.

Ryan - Motorradmitfahrer Maximus & Forumus Noobus sometimes
2003 K12LTC dressed in Black - "StratoCruiser"
Madison, WI
"where are the controls for the air conditioner on that bike?"

The Ultimate Riding Machine
post #3 of 4 Old Sep 25th, 2006, 10:01 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Bruce,

Glad you enjoyed the rides. I kind of miss the great riding around there. I lived in Hanford back in the early 70's and got my first Suzuki GT-750 there. Loved running up to the Sequoias, out to the coast and up to the Bay Area. Used to do some dirt riding out in the Kettleman Hills area, but I hear that is long gone (access anyway). She was stolen 10 years later down in Camarillo, CA. May get out your way some time in the next year or so if all works out.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

post #4 of 4 Old Sep 26th, 2006, 6:39 am

It's all about the SO

Great ride tale. It really is all about the get away for two, isn't it?

ENJOY, and ride safe.

1985 Honda Shadow 500
2001 Suzuki Marauder 800
2005 BMW K1200 LT Graphite R.I.P.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in