Goodbye for now - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 6Likes
  • 2 Post By Newbuellertoo
  • 2 Post By want2tour
  • 1 Post By JNW003
  • 1 Post By fatbob307
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Feb 29th, 2016, 6:49 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Aurora, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 158
Goodbye for now

On Saturday I said goodbye to my "Big Silver Cow".
I want to thank everyone on the forum for all of their help over the years.
If it wasn't for the research I did here before buying, I probably wouldn't have made the purchase. The amount of confidence and skill I gathered working on her with all of your help kept her in pristine condition.
As my wife can no longer ride, and I have my Buell to still get around on, it was just time for a new hobby.
I bought a 1975 MG without an engine and trans., and I'm swapping in a Ford 302 and 5 speed. My wife and I anticipate many miles of adventures in the new beast, (once I rebuild it from scratch LOL). We really enjoyed the BMW and we're going to miss her. Rarely did we go anywhere without someone coming over to talk about the bike. Thanks again all.
I'll be hanging around to enjoy your company. humour, and occasional rant.
btw: I still have a few odds and ends around that I will post in the classifieds at some point. (Tank Bag, Powerlet to cigarette adaptor, stock rear pegs, cup holder, and one intercom cable)
radar41 and mcracer like this.

2003 LTE ( Big Silver Cow)
2000 Buell S3T (Little Black Beauty)
198? Yamaha 650 (Sold )
1974 Honda CB 750 (wish I still had it!)
1972 Honda CB350 (Crashed)
197? Honda 50 Mini Bike (Long Gone)
Newbuellertoo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old Feb 29th, 2016, 7:17 pm
Senior Member
 
want2tour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Sandpoint, ID area
Posts: 275
Re: Goodbye for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbuellertoo View Post
On Saturday I said goodbye to my "Big Silver Cow".
I want to thank everyone on the forum for all of their help over the years.
If it wasn't for the research I did here before buying, I probably wouldn't have made the purchase. The amount of confidence and skill I gathered working on her with all of your help kept her in pristine condition.
As my wife can no longer ride, and I have my Buell to still get around on, it was just time for a new hobby.
I bought a 1975 MG without an engine and trans., and I'm swapping in a Ford 302 and 5 speed. My wife and I anticipate many miles of adventures in the new beast, (once I rebuild it from scratch LOL). We really enjoyed the BMW and we're going to miss her. Rarely did we go anywhere without someone coming over to talk about the bike. Thanks again all.
I'll be hanging around to enjoy your company. humour, and occasional rant.
btw: I still have a few odds and ends around that I will post in the classifieds at some point. (Tank Bag, Powerlet to cigarette adaptor, stock rear pegs, cup holder, and one intercom cable)
I had in my misspent youth, a 1975 Fiat Spider. And later, a 1981 Fiat Spider, which I dearly miss. Open top two-seater sports cars are such fun. Hope you get as much fun out of yours.
Bob
Newbuellertoo and gdenton like this.

2005 KLT Graphite Gray
2003 F650GS Black
*Too slow for fast women
*A little adventure is good for the soul
want2tour is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old Feb 29th, 2016, 9:53 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
JNW003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northridge, California, USA
Posts: 1,390
Re: Goodbye for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2tour View Post
I had in my misspent youth, a 1975 Fiat Spider. And later, a 1981 Fiat Spider, which I dearly miss. Open top two-seater sports cars are such fun. Hope you get as much fun out of yours.
Bob
My avatar says it all (wish I still had it).... Enjoy the MG - a 302 should be a tight fit. What type of rear end are you going to use - a modified XKE? Since I got the LT, I haven't touched my 66 Fastback GT with a crate 302 and 5 speed, but maybe one of these days I'll get back into it.

Dave Beck
'16 K1600GTLE
'07 K1200LT (sold 9/24/16)
'74 Suzuki GT750L (long, long gone)


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JNW003 is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 Old Mar 1st, 2016, 9:15 am
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 169
Re: Goodbye for now

btw: I still have a few odds and ends around that I will post in the classifieds at some point. (Tank Bag, Powerlet to cigarette adaptor, stock rear pegs, cup holder, and one intercom cable)[/QUOTE]

The mg sounds like loads of fun, and most importantly fun shared with the princess!

I sent a pm concerning the cup holder. I let some things go with my first lt that I really miss. The cup holder is top on the list, also the bike cover, the fort worth rack, and I'd like to pick up some passenger armrests at some point. Call me cheap, but I don't miss any of it enough to justify purchasing them new. Take care! Dale
superstan26 is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old Mar 1st, 2016, 2:39 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Aurora, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 158
Re: Goodbye for now

JNW 003, Not sure what I'm going to use yet. I guess I will decide when I see what kind of horsepower my engine is putting out. It's a stock Fox Body Mustang engine with GT 40 heads. I'm going carbed versus Injection, (just because I'm an old guy.lol), and not sure if I'm going big lumpy cam or not Some guys have used the stock rear end up to about 300hp, but they aren't Posi rear ends. Also limited to fairly narrow tires without flaring the body work.

2003 LTE ( Big Silver Cow)
2000 Buell S3T (Little Black Beauty)
198? Yamaha 650 (Sold )
1974 Honda CB 750 (wish I still had it!)
1972 Honda CB350 (Crashed)
197? Honda 50 Mini Bike (Long Gone)
Newbuellertoo is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old Mar 1st, 2016, 5:08 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
JNW003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northridge, California, USA
Posts: 1,390
Re: Goodbye for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbuellertoo View Post
JNW 003, Not sure what I'm going to use yet. I guess I will decide when I see what kind of horsepower my engine is putting out. It's a stock Fox Body Mustang engine with GT 40 heads. I'm going carbed versus Injection, (just because I'm an old guy.lol), and not sure if I'm going big lumpy cam or not Some guys have used the stock rear end up to about 300hp, but they aren't Posi rear ends. Also limited to fairly narrow tires without flaring the body work.
I used to work with a guy that put a 350 Chevy in a '74 240Z and used an XKE rear end. Not sure how the MGB frame can handle the power, or would need beefing up. I used to see MG TDs like mine with 283s in them. My Mustang's 302 is actually a 5.0 crate motor, and I also didn't want to attempt fuel injection, as it requires too much mods (fuel tank, pump, electrics, etc.) that I didn't feel comfortable with doing myself in the garage. The rear carrier is stock, but has posi-rear end. I went with a 1406 Edelbrock, but am thinking about replacing it with a Holley double pumper....
Newbuellertoo likes this.

Dave Beck
'16 K1600GTLE
'07 K1200LT (sold 9/24/16)
'74 Suzuki GT750L (long, long gone)


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JNW003 is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old Mar 2nd, 2016, 10:26 pm
Senior Member
 
fatbob307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 290
Re: Goodbye for now

That will be a BAD ASS MiG alright!
Newbuellertoo likes this.
fatbob307 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official goodbye... 101ladyspot K1200LT 1 Jul 17th, 2013 4:24 pm
Time to say goodbye hovis Europe 4 Oct 1st, 2012 4:27 pm
Not saying goodbye, just see ya around ........ LAF Bike Talk 26 Feb 23rd, 2011 8:15 am
Saying goodbye to this site. motorman587 Chit Chat 52 Jun 4th, 2007 5:00 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome