4Likes
  • 1 Post By katnapinn
  • 1 Post By norton
  • 1 Post By guitarjim
  • 1 Post By want2tour

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Jan 26th, 2016, 3:59 pm Thread Starter

Gonna ride this weekend

It's supposed to be warm this weekend here north of Kansas City, so gonna ride a couple hundred miles. Where am I going? Where ever it takes me as I have a lot of great black tops around here. No fun having a destination. Come to an intersection then flip a coin to go right or left. LOL YeeHaa.
Anybody else headed out??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
04 Honda Reflex.....Hers (it mostly sits)
Converted HD rider.
Love this LT bike and still waiting for my first speeding ticket. LOL
Vern

=====
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Jan 26th, 2016, 5:25 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Re: Gonna ride this weekend

I ride every weekend, di about 400 miles round trip from Austin to Dallam last weekend for the International Motorcycle Show.
Plan on taking out one of the old Hondas this weekend.
ibbones likes this.

Stevie Shreeve

Last edited by katnapinn; Jan 27th, 2016 at 6:19 am.
post #3 of 10 Old Jan 26th, 2016, 5:49 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernvernvern View Post
It's supposed to be warm this weekend here north of Kansas City, so gonna ride a couple hundred miles. Where am I going? Where ever it takes me as I have a lot of great black tops around here. No fun having a destination. Come to an intersection then flip a coin to go right or left. LOL YeeHaa.
Anybody else headed out??
Would like to ride next week as the temps are suppose to be in the mid 50's but with the 28 inches of Blizzard left lots of salt and gravel on the roads so I'll have to see what the conditions are like before I decide whether to go. This is where my envy creeps to the surface with you fair weather all year round riding boys. Anyway safe riding to all who can get out on the road.
vernvernvern likes this.

Scott
2007 LT

post #4 of 10 Old Jan 26th, 2016, 6:24 pm

I rode today and will ride everyday this week. I plan to go to my favorite road on Friday near Winfield, KS. I was actually sweating today as I rode around in 45 degrees wearing my MC pants with the rain liner installed but not the winter liner installed on the pants. This bike is making rethink my gear in wintertime.
vernvernvern likes this.
post #5 of 10 Old Jan 26th, 2016, 6:46 pm

Garage

I'm on call this weekend so I can't ride much. :'( I'll probably try to sneak in a short run though and hope nothing blows up while I'm out.

2000 R1100RT
post #6 of 10 Old Jan 27th, 2016, 2:33 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjim View Post
I rode today and will ride everyday this week. I plan to go to my favorite road on Friday near Winfield, KS. I was actually sweating today as I rode around in 45 degrees wearing my MC pants with the rain liner installed but not the winter liner installed on the pants. This bike is making rethink my gear in wintertime.
I'm just plain jealous. Here, the roads are thawing pretty well but freezing at nite. I'd get a 2 or 3 hr window of mid-day thaw and would have to not screw around riding too long. The 8 degree slope of my frozen driveway would preclude taking the big bike out but maybe I'll take the 650gs or one of the dirt bikes out if it ever quits raining.
But the seasonal downtime at least makes for a stress-free, non-rushed maintenance session. Plenty of time to prep for a trouble-free ride season.
You folks have fun & ride safe.
Bob

BTW, guitarjim; I had posted previously that I had your ride video pegged for around Winfield. I know just about every inch of KS. Maybe I nailed it?
katnapinn likes this.

2005 KLT Graphite Gray
2003 F650GS Black
*Too slow for fast women
*A little adventure is good for the soul

Last edited by want2tour; Jan 27th, 2016 at 2:38 am.
post #7 of 10 Old Jan 27th, 2016, 1:04 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2tour View Post
I'm just plain jealous. Here, the roads are thawing pretty well but freezing at nite. I'd get a 2 or 3 hr window of mid-day thaw and would have to not screw around riding too long. The 8 degree slope of my frozen driveway would preclude taking the big bike out but maybe I'll take the 650gs or one of the dirt bikes out if it ever quits raining.
But the seasonal downtime at least makes for a stress-free, non-rushed maintenance session. Plenty of time to prep for a trouble-free ride season.
You folks have fun & ride safe.
Bob

BTW, guitarjim; I had posted previously that I had your ride video pegged for around Winfield. I know just about every inch of KS. Maybe I nailed it?
The weather can change at any minute. So, while the forecast shows 60s for Friday, it could change to 20s at the drop of a hat.

The ride video is not close to Winfield. It is close to Wichita and closer to a small town named Goddard just west of Wichita. I am thinking about putting together a video of my favorite KS road (so far) this spring when the grass is green and trees have leaves.

I see you have that habit as well... starting out on a two hour ride that easily turns into 5 hours. LOL, you find yourself stopping for gas when you had only planned to use a couple of gallons worth at the start.
post #8 of 10 Old Jan 27th, 2016, 6:41 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjim View Post
The weather can change at any minute. So, while the forecast shows 60s for Friday, it could change to 20s at the drop of a hat.

The ride video is not close to Winfield. It is close to Wichita and closer to a small town named Goddard just west of Wichita. I am thinking about putting together a video of my favorite KS road (so far) this spring when the grass is green and trees have leaves.

I see you have that habit as well... starting out on a two hour ride that easily turns into 5 hours. LOL, you find yourself stopping for gas when you had only planned to use a couple of gallons worth at the start.
I know Goddard. That wasn't Lake Afton in your video, was it? I used to go screaming around Lake Afton in one of my Spiders when there was no races scheduled.

2005 KLT Graphite Gray
2003 F650GS Black
*Too slow for fast women
*A little adventure is good for the soul
post #9 of 10 Old Jan 27th, 2016, 11:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2tour View Post
I know Goddard. That wasn't Lake Afton in your video, was it? I used to go screaming around Lake Afton in one of my Spiders when there was no races scheduled.
Yep, You are the winner. It is Lake Afton. I've been waved down to slow my roll a couple of times there by the local authorities. I try not to go over (by more than 30mph)...but the 20mph speed limit is way too low. The road is in great shape. I love riding there, if only I could go faster without the risk of getting a fast driving award.
post #10 of 10 Old Jan 28th, 2016, 7:13 am

Red face Re: Gonna ride this weekend

I will be in your area in May. Will be at the NASCAR race and during the times of no racing, I will be riding your roads. Maybe will cross your path. Maybe you can tell me what to see and what to stay away from. See you then.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in