6Likes
  • 1 Post By norton
  • 1 Post By norton
  • 1 Post By Captain_Wayne
  • 3 Post By deanwoolsey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Jan 22nd, 2016, 7:38 am Thread Starter

Boy, will I ever learn

As I was holding blankets in my hands I told the wife since we are going to have a blizzard this weekend I need to take blankets out to the garage and wrap my baby up so the poor LT doesn't get cold. She said are you serious and if you are, your crazy. She then said, if I was in the garage you wouldn't bring me blankets. "This is where the mistake was made." I said honey you would never be keep in the garage because I would keep you in the basement so you wouldn't need blankets, oops!!! So the bitter cold this weekend will not only be outside but inside the house too. When will I ever learn, thank God for beer and football this weekend.

made me do it
johnbaker15 likes this.

Scott
2007 LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Jan 22nd, 2016, 9:39 am

Re: Boy, will I ever learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by norton View Post
As I was holding blankets in my hands I told the wife since we are going to have a blizzard this weekend I need to take blankets out to the garage and wrap my baby up so the poor LT doesn't get cold. She said are you serious and if you are, your crazy. She then said, if I was in the garage you wouldn't bring me blankets. "This is where the mistake was made." I said honey you would never be keep in the garage because I would keep you in the basement so you wouldn't need blankets, oops!!! So the bitter cold this weekend will not only be outside but inside the house too. When will I ever learn, thank God for beer and football this weekend.

made me do it
Better bring a few extra blankets to the garage with you. I suspect you and your baby will be riding it out together.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA
2001 K1200LTI Champagne (current ride) Lazy Susan
1998 R1100RT Never should have sold it
1974 Yamaha TX 750 Twin. Omni Phase Balanced

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old Jan 22nd, 2016, 12:40 pm

I see nothing wrong. Your wife can get her own blankets. Your LT cannot. Of course I have a small refrigerator and a 32" LED TV in my garage.

Still rolling in Southern Oregon

post #4 of 11 Old Jan 22nd, 2016, 2:53 pm

I may end up in the garage with my LT if I register for the 2017 Iron Butt Rally. Its a bit warmer where I live though.

Rob, 2000LT
Navarre, FL
post #5 of 11 Old Jan 22nd, 2016, 6:48 pm

Sometimes the man cave is preferable no matter what. Lots of friends hanging on the walls.

2000 Lt
800 Kawasaki
25 yrs. without
750 Suzuki
550 Suzuki
160 Honda

The ride is fresh under diamond skies, makes me glad to be alive.
post #6 of 11 Old Jan 22nd, 2016, 6:54 pm

Garage

I've never done anything like that!

2000 R1100RT
post #7 of 11 Old Jan 22nd, 2016, 10:15 pm

Then you must not be married!

Still rolling in Southern Oregon
post #8 of 11 Old Jan 23rd, 2016, 9:33 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
Then you must not be married!
You are correct, not married. Call her the wife , because after being together 10 years engaged for three, wife is more realistic then girlfriend. Shes been giving me the stink eye this morning because I was out working on a new GPS mount and she sarcastically asked if the bike was comfortable enough, so maybe she will give me the engagement ring back, I could use a new helmet, riding boots and a few farkles for the bike.

Who am I kidding they always keep the ring, she probably will just give me back.

Its going to be a long winter I do think!!!!!
bmwcoolk1200 likes this.

Scott
2007 LT
post #9 of 11 Old Jan 23rd, 2016, 9:05 pm

Garage

I am learning that my wife's love and concern for me may not be what I think I want . Case in point to the best of my recollection: Some years ago my wife said no to my brother's offer to give me his 2000 LT for free after he had purchase a new 1600 GT. She said "It's too dangerous to ride a motorcycle in and around New York City, etc." I said "Is that your concern?", she replied "yes" and added that "your brother is OK riding his bike in Florida because he lives in a less congested area and the roads are better and safer". I quickly replied "that's so loving that you are concerned about me and that it has nothing to do with riding a motorcycle, only just where you ride it", and I then added, "is that the sole reason?", and without hesitation she said "of course it is, no other reason". "Oh honey I forget to tell you that my brother said I could keep the LT in his garage in Florida and we could ride together". So I got the LT, I won that one, so I thought, not completely. Now what I hear every time I go to ride with my brother in Florida is, "you don't love me as much as you love your brother, you are always going to visit him" - she won't come with me because she doesn't like to ride on motorcycles. It gets worse every time I visit my brother. If the LT wasn't such a sweet ride I don't think I would be able to cope with the nagging, but as you all probably know that is how couples like us who have been married for 47 years accept and live with each other. When I ride my LT, I don't have to think too much about the bike, it seems to drives itself, I think about my life, my wife, and what I have learned.
vernvernvern likes this.

Currently owned,
1966 R50
2000 K LT
post #10 of 11 Old Jan 24th, 2016, 5:54 am Thread Starter

Thumbs up Re: Boy, will I ever learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Wayne View Post
I am learning that my wife's love and concern for me may not be what I think I want . Case in point to the best of my recollection: Some years ago my wife said no to my brother's offer to give me his 2000 LT for free after he had purchase a new 1600 GT. She said "It's too dangerous to ride a motorcycle in and around New York City, etc." I said "Is that your concern?", she replied "yes" and added that "your brother is OK riding his bike in Florida because he lives in a less congested area and the roads are better and safer". I quickly replied "that's so loving that you are concerned about me and that it has nothing to do with riding a motorcycle, only just where you ride it", and I then added, "is that the sole reason?", and without hesitation she said "of course it is, no other reason". "Oh honey I forget to tell you that my brother said I could keep the LT in his garage in Florida and we could ride together". So I got the LT, I won that one, so I thought, not completely. Now what I hear every time I go to ride with my brother in Florida is, "you don't love me as much as you love your brother, you are always going to visit him" - she won't come with me because she doesn't like to ride on motorcycles. It gets worse every time I visit my brother. If the LT wasn't such a sweet ride I don't think I would be able to cope with the nagging, but as you all probably know that is how couples like us who have been married for 47 years accept and live with each other. When I ride my LT, I don't have to think too much about the bike, it seems to drives itself, I think about my life, my wife, and what I have learned.
I feel your pain. GOD was some kind of joker. Why would you create two beings who were intended to spend a lifetime together and yet make them so damn incompatible in every way. I have often told my buddy that all the guys and all the party girls (you know what I mean) should live west of the Mississippi and the women and girly boys east of the Mississippi. The only problem would be after a while the west would be totally trashed and smell really bad and the the east would smell like potpourri, have chachkies, pillows and throws everywhere.

Ah what the hell that wouldn't be so bad!!

Scott
2007 LT
post #11 of 11 Old Jan 27th, 2016, 9:20 am
Lifetime Supporter

The secret to a happy marriage is mathematics.

Step one: count the number of wives you have.
Step two: make sure you have at least one more bedrooms than wives.
norton, gdenton and Whiskey like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in