LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old Dec 9th, 2015, 10:57 am Thread Starter

Vid of Ride in Dec in Michigan

The ride through Grand Haven along the beach of Lake Michigan
In December that is pretty good in Michigan

Sorry click on the Link below
The Jesse Link
Patric likes this.

Last edited by GaryEm; Dec 9th, 2015 at 11:39 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old Dec 9th, 2015, 11:33 am

post #3 of 14 Old Dec 9th, 2015, 2:03 pm

Re: Vid of Ride in Dec in Michigan

Thanks for sharing. I gotta get a camera.

Your vid helped me to decide where to mount a camera if and when I get one.

Loved the lake views.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
04 Honda Reflex.....Hers (it mostly sits)
Converted HD rider.
Love this LT bike and still waiting for my first speeding ticket. LOL
Vern

=====

post #4 of 14 Old Dec 9th, 2015, 2:47 pm

Traffic looks a little light..... a bit different than when I was at my sister's house there last summer.
Patric likes this.

Scott and Theresa
Munising, MI
2004 K1200LT Black
2014 Kawasaki KLR650

post #5 of 14 Old Dec 9th, 2015, 3:15 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Thanks for posting the video - never realized that the Great Lakes would have that much sand around them, since they don't get as much wave action as the oceans do. Looks like you'd have to be careful in turns as it looked like there was a lot of sand that had been blown onto the road.

I never tried the helmet mounting - I have a modular helmet and didn't want a camera sticking off the side and can't mount it on top, as it would interfere with the flip up face shield.

When I first got my GoPro, I tried their chesty mount (attaches the camera to your solar plexus area), and grabbed hold of the camera and aimed it off center when I saw something that wasn't immediately ahead that I wanted to capture. I haven't used that since, as I didn't like how too much of the screen was filled by the bike's instrument panel and cut off too much of what I wanted to film.

You might try mounting the camera on the front of the fairing between the windshield and the headlight, as it provides a more stable platform than on a helmet. The disadvantage is that it won't capture where you are looking from it's fixed location.

Dave Beck
'16 K1600GTLE
'07 K1200LT (sold 9/24/16)
'74 Suzuki GT750L (long, long gone)

post #6 of 14 Old Dec 9th, 2015, 7:03 pm Thread Starter

This is my Helmet mount Air Pro Camera I know nobody probably will believe me but I just picked the camera up at Walmart on clearance for 35 Dollars and the mount was 15 and it is completely water proof up to 30 ft. So far I am impressed
I love the Helmet mount over mounting solid on the bike you can give a more out look of every thing around you with out being so boring looking staight ahead

Gary
2003 K1200LT
post #7 of 14 Old Dec 9th, 2015, 8:06 pm

Garage

Yes, that looks like the same Grand Haven that I saw when I was there last.
That was many years ago.
dc

2008 R1200 RT
post #8 of 14 Old Dec 10th, 2015, 10:14 am

Thanks for sharing, Grand Haven is my Home town, haven't been back there in years.
post #9 of 14 Old Dec 10th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Enjoy The Ride

The weather looks good enough that I'm riding up after work tomorrow to see my sister on Saturday. I'm also going to surprise a buddy of mine since our 1959 kindergarten class that is playing the drums at the Pinckney Pub on Sat. night. I should be in Michigan about 9:00 tomorrow night. I haven't seen weather like this in MI. in over 30 years.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

post #10 of 14 Old Dec 10th, 2015, 9:33 pm

Garage

GaryEm what a great deal at $35! Appreciate the info, I'll be picking one up at my local store tomorrow. Thank you.

2002 LT
1977 GL1000: 2,400 mile trip to Devil's Tower summer 2015.
1982 Nighthawk, gone
'68,'69,'71 Triumphs, all gone

1981 GS650GL, gone
post #11 of 14 Old Dec 11th, 2015, 9:05 am

Thanks for sharing the video. Ole Southern Redneck enjoys seeing other parts of our great country. Did notice that nobody waved, in the Carolinas would have had more "hey y'all" involved in the ride. LOL
Leon
post #12 of 14 Old Dec 11th, 2015, 10:20 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleman View Post
The weather looks good enough that I'm riding up after work tomorrow to see my sister on Saturday. I'm also going to surprise a buddy of mine since our 1959 kindergarten class that is playing the drums at the Pinckney Pub on Sat. night. I should be in Michigan about 9:00 tomorrow night. I haven't seen weather like this in MI. in over 30 years.
Dave have Great Ride up this Way you are probably riding as am printing this but Sat. IT is suppose to rain but it is going to be about 60 degrees out but I have feeling you can handle it
Have a Good Trip

Gary
2003 K1200LT
post #13 of 14 Old Dec 12th, 2015, 1:04 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryEm View Post
This is my Helmet mount Air Pro Camera I know nobody probably will believe me but I just picked the camera up at Walmart on clearance for 35 Dollars and the mount was 15 and it is completely water proof up to 30 ft. So far I am impressed
I love the Helmet mount over mounting solid on the bike you can give a more out look of every thing around you with out being so boring looking staight ahead
Just picked up two of them. one for me and one for brother-in-law. What mount did you use for your helmet? I did buy a 32 gig chip and will test it out ASAP.

Thanks, Robert.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

2000 K1200LT "Latifah"
1994 R1100RSL (wife's)
1981 R80GS
1976 R90S
1965 R80/2 Frankenbike (wife's)
2001 Bunkhouse LX (given to son)
2011 Bunkhouse Queen

post #14 of 14 Old Dec 12th, 2015, 1:40 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter-50 View Post
Just picked up two of them. one for me and one for brother-in-law. What mount did you use for your helmet? I did buy a 32 gig chip and will test it out ASAP.

Thanks, Robert.
It is ION America -helmet mount pack Model #5007 it comes with everything you need got from Walmart for 15 dollars on sale but I see you can get it from best buy also
You can have it on your helmet in five minutes time it is real sturdy mount
I also bought the 32 gig anyway its going to be just a nother cool little camera

Gary
2003 K1200LT

Last edited by GaryEm; Dec 12th, 2015 at 1:50 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in