Where is the "how to pick it up" video? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 4:01 am Thread Starter

Where is the "how to pick it up" video?

Hello all!
I am a new to the forum and while reading about the LT someone happen to mention a video that shows how to pick up the bike? I went searching and looked in the files index but cant find it, can someone direct this newbie to the location?
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 6:51 am

I'd like to see this too, it took 4 of us to pick up my LT.

2002 K1200LT SE
post #3 of 14 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 8:25 am

Arrrgggghhh... I used to have a copy on my hard drive, but I guess it got 'lost' in the big crash this spring....

ANywyas, here is the original thread http://www.bmwlt.net/ubbthreads/show...&Number=172910

The link to the video no longer is valid and I can't find the file on this new version of the site...

post #4 of 14 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 8:28 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfxray
Arrrgggghhh... I used to have a copy on my hard drive, but I guess it got 'lost' in the big crash this spring....

ANywyas, here is the original thread http://www.bmwlt.net/ubbthreads/show...&Number=172910

The link to the video no longer is valid and I can't find the file on this new version of the site...
Yup, Shawn - I'm having trouble finding a valid link too. Sez Munson's original won't work. I've got it on my hard drive somewhere also, butt too early in the morning yet!! I'll find it tho - stay tuned.
post #5 of 14 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 8:31 am
Gene

Here you go

Here are two links one with pics and one with video:

http://roadstarclinic.com/content/view/82/123/

http://www.pinkribbonrides.com/Videos/drop05.mpg

Naturally, the one that ends in .mpg is the video.

Gene
post #6 of 14 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 8:51 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by polskih
Hello all!
I am a new to the forum and while reading about the LT someone happen to mention a video that shows how to pick up the bike? I went searching and looked in the files index but cant find it, can someone direct this newbie to the location?
thanks
Here ya go!
http://john.munson.net/revspickup.mov

Blessings!
munson+

The Rev. John Munson
Vicar,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Burkburnett, Texas
Vicar,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Wichita Falls, Texas
2007 R1200RT "REV ZM"
IRON BUTT ASSOC. #37813
See my video:
post #7 of 14 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 9:05 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawkfe
Here are two links one with pics and one with video:

http://roadstarclinic.com/content/view/82/123/

http://www.pinkribbonrides.com/Videos/drop05.mpg

Naturally, the one that ends in .mpg is the video.

Gene
Thanks, Gene. I just found Skerts' site and there are a coupla more videos for viewing - check out the pink box for links.

Click here.
post #8 of 14 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 9:14 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by munson
Thanks, Bro - dang, I couldn't find it with the current URL. I guess we can't edit the archive post that had the clip under the comcast IP??

Anyway, got it locked away now - thanks.
post #9 of 14 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 10:25 am

Quote:
Thanks Munson! Let's hope I don't need it...
post #10 of 14 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 10:58 am

Thanks Munson, I wished I had seen that before I dropped mine in the garage, I have a 13 year old that had to help me lift mine
post #11 of 14 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 2:23 pm

How to Pick up Downed LT

There is a DVD out called Ride Like a Pro III, by Jerry "Motorman" Palladino, available at "Whitehorse Gear or Amazon.com
post #12 of 14 Old Sep 17th, 2006, 7:01 pm Thread Starter

picking it up !!!

Quote:
Hey Thanks a million for the link and info guys!!! Your response is very
pleasing and very kind !! I never dropped my 98 GW but I dropped my 03 FLHTCUI 4 times all because I had got used to the GW being able to just creep along and almost come to a stand still without putting foot down. NOT SO with that HD and from reading around this forum it appears that the BMW-LT may be very much top heavy like the UltraClassic.
Oh, and from the looks there seems to be a lot to TEX-A-GINS in here too!!
Thanks I so much appreciated it.

Thanks

Last edited by polskih; Sep 17th, 2006 at 7:25 pm. Reason: Forgot to do the Spell check...
post #13 of 14 Old Sep 17th, 2006, 7:28 pm

Well, I thought I would never join the drop club but it happened late last night on a very dark T intersection. I pulled up to the stop sign, put my right foot down and Wow! No ground where it should have been. The LT slowly went over to the right with me struggling mightily to save it. I put everything I had into letting it down gently and voila! I was successful. Now, how was I going to get it up? I turned off the engine, put down the kickstand and positioned myself with my back to the bike on the right side. No matter how I strained, I could not raise it more than a few inches off the ground. I got on my cell phone, called my son who also called two of his friends and in about 20 minutes they were on site with me. Both my son's friends play junior college football as defensive linemen. It took all four of us to get the bike upright from its laid down position. The LT was not lying horizontal to the ground but was actually about ten percent towards being upside down if you can picture it. I was awefully glad there were some very strong young men to help me out. Two guys my age would never have been successful. Anyway, no damage to the bike, just my pride. Now I'm going to be very careful about what the ground looks like before assuming it's right there below the footpegs.
post #14 of 14 Old Sep 18th, 2006, 2:19 am
IBR# 366

Garage
The LT can be ridden just fine at very slow speeds, but you do have to respect it's weight and characteristics. I often won't put a foot down at stop signs, and sometimes at red lights if I see that it's about to change. It just takes practice, and confidence.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in