Wheel Chocks - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Sep 14th, 2006, 4:01 pm Thread Starter
ytk

Wheel Chocks

I'm very interested in purchasing one of the free-standing wheel chocks for use in storing the K12LT over winter. At this point I like the Condor and Bike-Grab the best. If the Condor will actually support the K-bike by the rear wheel it will be my choice because that would really help a tight storage situation. I did a search of the NG and read a report that the LA Chock is a real pain to extricate the K-bike from. So, if you have any experience with any of these free standing wheel chocks I'd appreciate hearing about your experiences--good and bad.

Ride the Wheels Off!
YTKinWI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Sep 14th, 2006, 4:29 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

Another perspective.

LA Chock is not difficult. I was able to get the bike out while it was in the step down portion of the trailer (the bike was in a forward incline position) by just pulling back on the handlebars. You can always use reverse to get it out also.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #3 of 6 Old Sep 15th, 2006, 6:03 am
Gold Supporter

Thumbs up Wheeldock works for me

I have a Wheeldock. I use it in my trailer and free standing in my garage. It is easier to get in an out of than then some of the others that require the bike run over a fulcrum or bump to actuate the locking mechanism. It is well made and easily transportable. When the bike is locked in place it is very stable. I do not know if it can be utilized at the rear wheel but you could call them. They have a nice clip on their web site.

http://www.wheeldock.com/

2005 - K1200 LT Blue
The best in life is yet to come!

post #4 of 6 Old Sep 15th, 2006, 6:16 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandoble
I have a Wheeldock. I use it in my trailer and free standing in my garage. It is easier to get in an out of than then some of the others that require the bike run over a fulcrum or bump to actuate the locking mechanism. It is well made and easily transportable. When the bike is locked in place it is very stable. I do not know if it can be utilized at the rear wheel but you could call them. They have a nice clip on their web site.

http://www.wheeldock.com/
That puppy looks NICE!!

'06 K1200LT Ocean Blue Metallic
'06 GL1800 Candy Black Cherry
Recovering Harley Rider
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

42° 41.663' N / 73° 38.651' W

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old Sep 17th, 2006, 2:28 pm

Wheel chocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytk
I'm very interested in purchasing one of the free-standing wheel chocks for use in storing the K12LT over winter. At this point I like the Condor and Bike-Grab the best. If the Condor will actually support the K-bike by the rear wheel it will be my choice because that would really help a tight storage situation. I did a search of the NG and read a report that the LA Chock is a real pain to extricate the K-bike from. So, if you have any experience with any of these free standing wheel chocks I'd appreciate hearing about your experiences--good and bad.

Ride the Wheels Off!
YTKinWI
I made a set of side stands that use the use the motor mount holes to hold the bike up in stead of putting it up on the center stand, I also have a condor chock and prefer the side stands. I also made a set with wheels, now I can push the LT around in my shop with out worry about it going down. If interested let me know. I think there are some pictures in one of may posts.
post #6 of 6 Old Sep 17th, 2006, 4:03 pm

I personally use the Condor for my LT as well as the M/X and some others. We also use them in the shop as well as the trailers and Van for transporting. Very versatile and reliable.

D.Kinsey
Santa Fe, Tx.
15 R1200RT
13 Ducati Panigale Tricolore

12 Ducati Diavel Carbon(SOLD)
08 K1200LT (born 12/19/07)(SOLD)

09 Triumph Sprint ST...RED(SOLD)
00 K1200LT Custom Painted(SOLD)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in