How to stick a large label to the back of an helmet ? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Sep 12th, 2006, 4:43 pm Thread Starter

How to stick a large label to the back of an helmet ?

Hello all !

As some of you may know, I started a moto cab company in Paris (France) with my LT. I sticked a couple of labels onto the LT but I'd also like to stick a label to the back of my helmet. That way the customer/pessenger would be able to read it during all the trip

I want to be that label perfectly pasted but I can't see how to do it without ugly folds due to the curve shape of the halmet. Any advice would be most welcome !

Cheers !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Sep 12th, 2006, 5:00 pm

How to stick a large label to the back of an helmet ?

I went to a vinyl sign company to make some labels for my organizations cars They knew how to manipulate the vinyl very well. While I was there I asked them to put some reflective appliques to my helmet, they did a great job.
post #3 of 4 Old Sep 13th, 2006, 7:00 am

I agree with rkc - get a sing shop to help you. Someone has to make the labels, right? So get a local company to make them and explain what you;re doing and see if they will help. They can make the label shaped to fit a bit better, plus the installers usually know the tricks to get it to work.

Rando

post #4 of 4 Old Sep 13th, 2006, 8:06 am

Conformable Decals

Buffalo,

I own a Decal Company here in the U.S. What you need is a flexible vinyl, to print your decal on. Helmets are convex and trying to put a flat, rigid piece of material on a convex surface does not work as you have found out. We use several different vinyls for what you need. If you cannot find what you need, give us a call, we would be happy to help you.

Clay Hirner,
www.awarddecals.com
www.bikegraphix.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in