BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

So long to my K1200LT

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Notahog 
#1 ·
Well, I sold the bike and trailer I built this week to a local guy. I told him about the forum, so maybe he'll be joining.

As I said in a previous post, the K1200LT just didn't fit me and my wife well for the long days (+600 miles). The bike performed wonderfully, just like everyone said it would when I was shopping for the K1200LT.

Before I leave I wanted to say thanks to everyone on the forum, especially to Robert Bolton. If you get a chance to meet Robert and his wife Mary Ellen, you will meet some wonderful people (as many of you already know). Robert helped me several times at his home shop.

I'm now shopping for the GW 1800. (That forum is frankly crazy. Way too much politics, general complaining and off-topic threads. Guess that's what you get when there are +30,000 members.)

In any case, keep the rubber side down!

Thanks for everything.
Larry

#5 ·
As I said in a previous post, the K1200LT just didn't fit me and my wife well for the long days (+600 miles). The bike performed wonderfully, just like everyone said it would when I was shopping for the K1200LT....

I'm now shopping for the GW 1800.
Sorry to see you leave Larry. Just out of curiosity, what didn't fit well for the long days that is prompting a switch to a 'Wing? :wave

#6 ·
I wish you well with the Goldwing. I have had GW but I prefer the K1200LT hands down to the GW. I found that the GW just did not fit me as well as the LT, but I have friends that I ride with that have GWs and they love them. Just be sure that you get a teddy bear for the rear luggage rack. LOL Keep us informed. Good Luck and hope everything works out for you on your new ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.