Paint for front spoiler? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 11:40 pm Thread Starter

Question Paint for front spoiler?

Does anyone here know where to get the silver or magnesium color paint in an aerosol can for painting the front chin spoiler? I noticed a Wurth paint in the old How2 forum for matching the wheels, is this the same color?

Jerry
2004 K1200LTC Night Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 11:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Buckman
Does anyone here know where to get the silver or magnesium color paint in an aerosol can for painting the front chin spoiler? I noticed a Wurth paint in the old How2 forum for matching the wheels, is this the same color?
White Aluminum Lacquer WRTH-893369

Is an exact match for the silver body parts. Not sure how close it matches the wheels. Probably the same.

I think it comes from Drivewerks. Try to Google them.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #3 of 18 Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 5:10 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlesj

Is an exact match for the silver body parts. Not sure how close it matches the wheels. Probably the same.

Thanks John, I'll do just that.

Jerry

post #4 of 18 Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 8:22 am

I shot mine with some Rhino liner type stuff from the auto parts store. That is one part of the bike that takes a real good hit.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 18 Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 8:37 am

Try either one of these for what you need.

http://101projects.com/catalog/shopc...WUGARG_pg5.htm

http://www.colorrite.com/product_inf...oducts_id=1019

Dave
Monkton, MD
and Pawleys Island, SC
2002 K1200LTC
post #6 of 18 Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 2:11 pm

Quote:
Someone (can't remember who) posted last week or so that they found a rattle can of Krylon 1404 Chrome Aluminum that really close-matched the lower fairing color. Toad and I rode over to the local Home Desparate and matched the lid color with the bike and it sure did look good. I'm gonna paint Toad's entire lower fairing with that, or else do as Grif did and use the peekup bed liner stuff. I've seen Barbara with that and she looks great. Course, if ole Toad keeps gettin' that chin fairing slammed with road da brie, it's gonna look like bed liner stuff pretty soon anyway. When the BMW coating is gone, it's all black under there.

BTW, I've got a note to myself that sez: 426 Graphite Paint - Lower Fairing - #519 101 44 451. Not sure where I got it, nor where to get it; butt a leetle research might tell ya (and me!!).
post #7 of 18 Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 7:31 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
I shot mine with some Rhino liner type stuff from the auto parts store. That is one part of the bike that takes a real good hit.
Thanks Grif, wonder if I could use that rino stuff and after it cured shoot it w/ the white alum? Wouldn't that be like that rock guard material they use on trucks?

Jerry
post #8 of 18 Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 7:33 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daman858
Thanks Dave,

Jerry
post #9 of 18 Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 7:39 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Someone (can't remember who) posted last week or so that they found a rattle can of Krylon 1404 Chrome Aluminum that really close-matched the lower fairing color. Toad and I rode over to the local Home Desparate and matched the lid color with the bike and it sure did look good. I'm gonna paint Toad's entire lower fairing with that, or else do as Grif did and use the peekup bed liner stuff. I've seen Barbara with that and she looks great. Course, if ole Toad keeps gettin' that chin fairing slammed with road da brie, it's gonna look like bed liner stuff pretty soon anyway. When the BMW coating is gone, it's all black under there.

BTW, I've got a note to myself that sez: 426 Graphite Paint - Lower Fairing - #519 101 44 451. Not sure where I got it, nor where to get it; butt a leetle research might tell ya (and me!!).
I appreciate your help there Dick, I think I'll go with either the Wurth aerosol or if I can find some of that stuff Grif talked about, what would be the answer would be that rock guard stuff that matches the paint like they put on pick up trucks.

Jerry
post #10 of 18 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 4:27 pm Thread Starter

Quote:

According to MAX BMW that 426 is the paint code number for a metallic touch up pencil set Graphitan and the part number is 51910144541, there is not a reference for a p/n- 51910144451, I think maybe you got a little dyslexic on that part number there Dick. Another question Dick, that Wurth lacquer, is that ok to use on this plastic and is it flexible?

Jerry
post #11 of 18 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 4:38 pm

Quote:
According to MAX BMW that 426 is the paint code number for a metallic touch up pencil set Graphitan and the part number is 51910144541, there is not a reference for a p/n- 51910144451, I think maybe you got a little dyslexic on that part number there Dick. Another question Dick, that Wurth lacquer, is that ok to use on this plastic and is it flexible?
puY, yletinifed tog cixelsyd, Jerry. My bad. I got it writ down right - just didn't control happy fingers.

Jerry, I can't answer that Wurth question, and I don't know anybody who has used it and posted the results. Sorry. And thanks for squaring away my part number boo-boo.
post #12 of 18 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 1:08 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
puY, yletinifed tog cixelsyd, Jerry. My bad. I got it writ down right - just didn't control happy fingers.

Jerry, I can't answer that Wurth question, and I don't know anybody who has used it and posted the results. Sorry. And thanks for squaring away my part number boo-boo.
Just joking around with ya!

Jerry
post #13 of 18 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 1:12 pm

Quote:
Just joking around with ya!
Yup, I know!! Still glad you caught it tho --- may keep somebody outta trouble or from makin' a costly mistake.

Best
post #14 of 18 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 1:15 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlesj

John, have you used this on th plastic parts?

Jerry
post #15 of 18 Old Nov 14th, 2010, 3:57 am

Re: Paint for front spoiler?

Hi! Anyone how know the paint code to the front spoiler (lower faring) for a 2006 with main color Storm Gray Metallic? It look like som kind of light gray.

Regards
Hermann
post #16 of 18 Old Nov 14th, 2010, 1:33 pm

get in touch with www.holtbmw.com

They are a BMW Motorrad dealer and a Glasurit Dealer (OEM Paint) they know all the codes.

they also mixed me small quantities of paint and shipped it ground.

The Older I Get, the Faster I Was!

2009 "Fully Farkled"Black Metallic Sapphire RT
post #17 of 18 Old Nov 15th, 2010, 3:09 pm

The name of the color for 04 Black LT is White Aluminium. (Magnesium is not the same color. It is for newer LTs. My 08 LT has Magnesium color lowers)

Quote:

Matt Kas

13 Triumph Trophy SE Lunar Silver
12 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive Pearl White

Laguna Niguel, Southern California (South Orange County)
"Riding Year around"

post #18 of 18 Old Nov 15th, 2010, 3:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKas
The name of the color for 04 Black LT is White Aluminium. (Magnesium is not the same color. It is for newer LTs. My 08 LT has Magnesium color lowers)
If it is the silver on the trim of many RT's it is called Weiss Aluminum Metallic Matte #3. I believe it is M955. But am not sure that is what is used on the LT

M955 is Same color that is on the silver 49L RT Top Case.

The Older I Get, the Faster I Was!

2009 "Fully Farkled"Black Metallic Sapphire RT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in