Red Warning Flasher Button On - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 9:52 pm Thread Starter

Question Red Warning Flasher Button On

I've only had my '01 LT for about 2 weeks and absolutely love it. Only got 14K kms ( Canadian bike ) and still smells like new.

One thing I notice is that the red warning flasher button always stays lit once the engine has started and only goes out when the bike's turned off.

When you press the button, everything works OK ... but that darn button stays on whether the lights flash or not.

This seems peculiar and as far as I can tell, that is not normal. I realize it's not a big deal, but small problems can quickly turn into big ones if ignored.

Can anybody tell me what theirs does ?

Appreciate some feedback !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 10:04 pm

normal
post #3 of 9 Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 11:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_E
normal
Agreed. The four-way emergency flasher botton is always lighted when the ignition is on -- so you can find it when you need it in the dark.

Mark Neblett
Fairfax, VA

post #4 of 9 Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 5:58 am Thread Starter

Flasher button on

Thank You Guys !

Makes Sense ... My Last Bike Was A 1100lt And It Didn't Do That.

Great To Have Found This Forum. I Can't Stop Reading ... And Learning.
post #5 of 9 Old Mar 27th, 2009, 6:03 am

Re: Red Warning Flasher Button On

A little way after the original question....I have the same problem but the Rider's Manual clearly says..."telltale light in switch goes out" when the hazard light switch is turned off...any thoughts anywhere? Is it really "normal"? Or do I wait until it burns out!
post #6 of 9 Old Mar 27th, 2009, 2:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbiker21
A little way after the original question....I have the same problem but the Rider's Manual clearly says..."telltale light in switch goes out" when the hazard light switch is turned off...any thoughts anywhere? Is it really "normal"? Or do I wait until it burns out!
I'm not sure what the thinking is, are you suggesting the flashers stay on untill the battery goes dead? Or is there another question here?. I dont belive any hazard lights or reg lights will go off if key is left in left position.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 Old Mar 27th, 2009, 5:57 pm

Nothing to do with key or battery...according to the RM when you switch off the hazard switch a) the hazard lights stop flashing and b) the tell tale light in the switch goes out...or in this case it doesn't...why not?...That is the question! It only goes out when the ignition (main key) is switched off and then on again when the key is switched on regardless of whether you operate the hazard switch itself. i.e. it's on all the time....it simply cannot be to"see" at night...anyhow Bavarians would not think like that because it's a waste of electrici ty!
post #8 of 9 Old Mar 27th, 2009, 6:02 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

That is the way it is on my 05 as well. Just never gave it any mind. I'll see what the owners book says when I get back home. But I think it is on all the time to assist in finding it at night. You get a clear indication on the dash anytime it is turned on.

Another trick I use when I need the four ways on for a warning to traffic behind me is I just press and hold both turn signal switches for a few seconds and then hit the clear switch. Quick and easy way to add the yellow flashers to your panic stop.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 9 Old Mar 27th, 2009, 6:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankl
I've only had my '01 LT for about 2 weeks and absolutely love it. Only got 14K kms ( Canadian bike ) and still smells like new.

One thing I notice is that the red warning flasher button always stays lit once the engine has started and only goes out when the bike's turned off.

When you press the button, everything works OK ... but that darn button stays on whether the lights flash or not.

This seems peculiar and as far as I can tell, that is not normal. I realize it's not a big deal, but small problems can quickly turn into big ones if ignored.

Can anybody tell me what theirs does ?

Appreciate some feedback !
Welcome to the LT world!!! Glad to see another Ontario LT owner.

2015 K1600GTL
1970 Plymouth Superbird 440-6bbl
1969 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback 340-auto
1969 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible, 6.1 L SRT8 Hemi transplant

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in