seeking a cockpit cover - recommendations? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Sep 1st, 2006, 7:45 am Thread Starter

Question seeking a cockpit cover - recommendations?

I've always wanted a small cover for my LT, something "mucho compact" that basically covers and protects the windshield and cockpit. I find when parking overnight or for several hours wanting to eliminate visibility of my GPS, but also to protect the dash electronics from possible rain and blistering sun. I'm sure these exist... looking to the gurus for a recommend...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Sep 1st, 2006, 9:31 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYchris02
I've always wanted a small cover for my LT, something "mucho compact" that basically covers and protects the windshield and cockpit. I find when parking overnight or for several hours wanting to eliminate visibility of my GPS, but also to protect the dash electronics from possible rain and blistering sun. I'm sure these exist... looking to the gurus for a recommend...
Chris - almost all the half-covers get good marks from the collective. You might try the Accessories pages and take a look at some of vendor links to the various cover manufacturers. Almost all half-covers take up VERY leetle space in the bike storage compartments; travel well; and are easy to put on/take off. HTH.

BTW - just noticed a concurrent thread running on half-covers, Chris. Might be some good info there.
post #3 of 5 Old Sep 1st, 2006, 12:10 pm

I just ordered a compact cover from this company: http://www.tourkingcovers.com/ I saw a few LT's that were using these at the recent MOA Rally in Burlington VT. Very light, compact and seemed well built. I normally use a windshield cover (purchased from Cee Bailey) when parked for long periods in direct sun light. The radius curve on some windshields can almost have a magnifying effect from the sun. I am buying it to use primarily as a sunshade cover. Just ordered a few days ago so can not provide any hands on experience, but for just 44 dollars it is worth a try for me.

May we never find the end of the road!

Perry Ridgway

oknplm

post #4 of 5 Old Sep 1st, 2006, 7:36 pm Thread Starter

Cool

the half covers i keep seeing are basically 75% more than I'm looking for. Maybe the animal doesn't exist after all... i'm thinking about a stretchy cover that snugs under the headlight ... over the shield... and out to the handle bars and that's it. maybe a patent waiting to happen? i've seen these on some sport bikes but they aren't waterproof and they fit in your fist when compressed... more of a sunshade than anything, the ones i've seen. I just figured these were out there and made for the LT... still looking... thanx for the replies....
post #5 of 5 Old Sep 1st, 2006, 8:27 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYchris02
the half covers i keep seeing are basically 75% more than I'm looking for. Maybe the animal doesn't exist after all... i'm thinking about a stretchy cover that snugs under the headlight ... over the shield... and out to the handle bars and that's it. maybe a patent waiting to happen? i've seen these on some sport bikes but they aren't waterproof and they fit in your fist when compressed... more of a sunshade than anything, the ones i've seen. I just figured these were out there and made for the LT... still looking... thanx for the replies....
I've never seen anythang like that, Chris. And I've seen a buncha LTs over the years. Why don't you ping one of the cover makers and see if they have a suggestion. EZ Touring is great to work with, as I suspect, would be the others. Although, I doubt if there will be a large market for that form and shape - just off the top of my head. Good luck, Chris.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in