Stereo Problem - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Aug 13th, 2015, 5:01 pm Thread Starter

Stereo Problem

I removed the CD changer from my bike, all was well for a few minutes, then the system went haywire! When I switch it on, the panel backlight comes on, no messages for about a minute, then it tell me "NO RADIO" for a few seconds and shuts itself down. None of the buttons work whilst this is going on.
I've tried disconnecting the battery to see if anything resets, no change. I put the cd changer back in, no change.
I'm resigned to repairing/replacing the unit (the radio/cassette under the stingray), but just in case I've missed something obvious I thought I'd consult the collective wisdom on here first?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Aug 13th, 2015, 7:05 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Re: Stereo Problem

If you just disconnected the cable in the saddle bag, that should not have caused any issues. How long did you have the negative terminal off the battery? A good 10 minutes should ensure the computer in the radio re-boots.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old Aug 14th, 2015, 5:09 pm Thread Starter

FIXED, blown fuse all working again!
New question, any recommendations for a new head unit (Sony, Pioneer etc) that will simply "plug and play" and work with the bikes handlebar controls?

post #4 of 6 Old Aug 14th, 2015, 6:32 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Sorry, there is no "plug and play" option. A few people have modified an after market radio so you can use the controls.

John Baker

2005 BMW K1200LT
1979 Suzuki GS1000E
1978 Honda CB350
1975 Suzuki GT380
post #5 of 6 Old Apr 8th, 2016, 11:29 pm

To anyone thinking upgrading the radio. I recently purchased my 06 LT and the radio had issues, some speakers didnt work and it was difficult to seek radio stations. I purchased a Pioneer DEH-X6710BT and changed out the rear speakers to Sony 5 1/'4, 4 way's. I wasn't able to swap out the front speakers due to fact I would've had to remove more hardware... The speakers were fine anyways and sounded great.. Once the radio was installed I added a cell phone holder thats sits right above the stingray. The phone (Android) is paired via bluetooth to the radio. Whats also great Pioneer has a Free App so you control the radio directly from the phone. Plus I paired my Helmet via Sena Bluetooth so I can listen to the radio/cd or talk on my cell. I'll add some photo's later. Removing the tuperware and reinstalling wasnt as bad as I thought. Now I feel more confident to work on my own bike..
post #6 of 6 Old May 26th, 2016, 9:46 am

Are the front speakers also 5 1/4? And are the Sony's marine speakers? Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in