My Timing is Off (Engine is fine) - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Aug 31st, 2006, 1:07 am Thread Starter

Talking My Timing is Off (Engine is fine)

Greetings All,

After wading thru a helmet drama (never mind... long, boring, EXPENSIVE story) I finally have two Shoei J-Wings Intercomm capable just in time to take my bike in for it's break in service while the family & I drive down to Fontana for the NASCAR races this weekend. Go figure!

Anyway, after 800 break-in miles, I have no real issues. A couple of the chrome dress up strips on the left side fairing at the radiator outlet have started to peel off. Hopefully the service folks will find some killer glue and fix 'em up. Also, the sensor on the top of my rear drive hub appears to be leaking oil. Doesn't seem to be serious at all. That said, I resisted the urge to clean that area. I wanted the dealer to see what I am talking about. Biggest concern ? Tooling along in 5th gear, listening to Boney James or the Rippingtons and getting pulled over for doing God knows what in a 65 MPH zone! Please keep the good words coming. Thanks.

Bruce

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bruce

BMW MOA# 130127
IBA# 49203
MSF RiderCoach
USN (Retired)

'13 R1200GSA (Magma Red)

"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of All Who Threaten It."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in