Bmw Promo Aggravation - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Aug 29th, 2006, 5:48 pm Thread Starter

Exclamation Bmw Promo Aggravation

Any secret insider advice on who the might be right person to contact at BMW regarding missing the FREE NAV lll promotion by 7 days. The 800 number has produced negative results. Some say BMW would not even partially give in even when missed out by ONE DAY!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Aug 29th, 2006, 6:04 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfn12034
Any secret insider advice on who the might be right person to contact at BMW regarding missing the FREE NAV lll promotion by 7 days. The 800 number has produced negative results. Some say BMW would not even partially give in even when missed out by ONE DAY!
Hmmmm - I guess if they give in to one, they'd have to give in to all, eh?? Of course then, what woulda been the need for a promotion-ending date?

I bet you're not the only one in that situation tho. Good luck on a solution.
post #3 of 11 Old Aug 29th, 2006, 6:18 pm

I agree with Dick. This isn't a warranty issue that missed by a few days or an expired coupon. If BMW stopped reimbursing dealers for comped Nav units on a certain day you can rest assured it will go no further than the published date.
If you just bought a new LT, it isn't that big of loss considering the $10-15K worth of accessories you are now obligated to purchase to bring it up to "proper" spec. Plus a Nav unit is only worth about as much as one 12K service and a set of new tires anyway.

Bob Morrow #4204
2014 K1600GTLE "Firefly" GTL 4 Two
2002 K1200LTE "Green Hornet" LT 4 Two (history)
"Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel"

post #4 of 11 Old Aug 29th, 2006, 9:13 pm

Thumbs up It's good until September 16, 2006.

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/events_promos/index.jsp

Dick Wood
2014 R1200RTW Quartz Blue Metallic
Previous2008 Aventurin Silver Metallic K1200GT
Previous 2002 Toscana Green LTE
Previous 1995 HD FXDL
IBA #7393

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 Old Aug 29th, 2006, 9:33 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWDOC
He must have missed it on the Front end, purchasing the bike before August 2nd.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #6 of 11 Old Aug 30th, 2006, 12:10 am
Premium Vendor

Have you asked the dealer you got the bike from if they have any options? Usually most of the good will in parts or warrantee work is based on the relationship between the dealer and the manufacturer. I'd give them a call first.

Tony 05
post #7 of 11 Old Aug 30th, 2006, 1:01 am

I'll have to admit, missing it on the front end is a much bigger pisser. Seems like someone at the dealership might of mentioned something about the timing of his bike purchase in relationship to the special offer. On the other hand, we don't know what sort of deal he got either. Might have been better than a Nav III this late in the model year and summer to boot.

Bob Morrow #4204
2014 K1600GTLE "Firefly" GTL 4 Two
2002 K1200LTE "Green Hornet" LT 4 Two (history)
"Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel"
post #8 of 11 Old Aug 30th, 2006, 9:02 am Thread Starter

"Bmw Promo Aggravation" update

Good Morning,

Bike was purchased on 7/28/06 knowing the 2007 models were coming.
I asked if there was any special promotion (summer being the slow time in S. FL). I was told they had the NAV ll for $999.00 and nothing else (I screwed up and failed to include a contingency clause).
I don't fault the dealer as they supposedly had no idea (as supported by BMW). In fact my dealer told me NOT to give in and I would have better results than him.
In my 35 year business experience it is common for manufactures to CREATE promo's and we knew we'd be fielding customer calls who bought the day or month before. My industry always had some type of contingency reserve for such situation TO SATISFY THE CUSTOMER.

I really was only trying to find out if any of the senior BMW riders had any time proved ideas or suggestions before I buy the Nav lll. Will try the coupon question to the dealer.
I was not looking to create a whining thread, just good sound business information.

Thanks Everyone and Be Well

P.S. May be able to make the Labor Day trip after all!!
post #9 of 11 Old Aug 30th, 2006, 10:44 am

I bought mine on July 29th... My dealership didn't even know about the GPS promotion until mid-August due to a communications failure between them and BMW.

I was a little disappointed about missing out, but I already had a good GPS (quest) that I was able to connect up to the already-prep'd navigation wiring. I just had to modify my bracket to fit on the mount that was on the bike.

I'm still very happy with my purchase!

AJ
2013 K1600GTL (not yet named)

post #10 of 11 Old Aug 30th, 2006, 11:39 am

I just bought a new LT, partially due to the Nav III promo. But everything said above is essentially true...I found out about it on the BMW website the same time my dealer did....the second week of August. FYI the promo is an automatic thing....registering the sale into the BMW database automatically gets a Nav system put in the mail to the dealer for the bike; there is no form to fill out or any such paperwork that a dealer could "adjust" the date on to get the system. Once the sale was logged before the 2nd, it is a done deal...no promo. I doubt that most dealers knew ahead of time that the promo was coming. In fact there are probably people that purchase bikes the first week of August that received a call the following week saying "hey, this Nav III just showed up with your name on it," that didn't even know they had one coming.
post #11 of 11 Old Aug 30th, 2006, 3:59 pm

You'll go crazy. Ride the bike and don't look back. Had you waited, you'd heve a free nav system. Had you waited until Oct/Nov, BMW would have probably made your first five payments. Just ride.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in