power commander - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Aug 29th, 2006, 12:49 pm Thread Starter

power commander

Called up San Jose BMW and they said they use the power commander coded for the k1200rs for the LT and the Remus. Has anyone done so ? CUrious to see what the outcome is\was.
Thanks
ian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Aug 29th, 2006, 3:05 pm

I have one on an FJR1300 and it is worth every bit of $300. There is no reason I can think of why the RS version would not work on the LT. After all, its just a piggyback on top of the Motronic's fuel maps. As long as the new Bosch 5 wire O2 sensor threads into your exhaust, a custom tuning link map can be made from a dyno run. That way, its specific to your bike's config and the closed-loop ratio can be dialed in to suit on highway cruises. As long as San Jose has got the connector/wiring harness issues resolved, I'd say it's a no brainer to do it.
post #3 of 8 Old Aug 29th, 2006, 7:18 pm Thread Starter

got a call

back from san jose BMW and they said it should all just plug in. Pretty cool!!!

post #4 of 8 Old Aug 30th, 2006, 1:08 pm

I would be interested to know how it turns out for you, please keep us posted!

Thanks!

I can't imagine getting the LT on to the dyno. I have dynoed a lot of bikes, and that sounds scary!
post #5 of 8 Old Aug 30th, 2006, 2:27 pm

i'm pretty sure everything from cams to compression ratios and fuel injectors are different between the LT and the RS. i would think that this might make ignition modules different, too.
post #6 of 8 Old Aug 30th, 2006, 3:51 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBandit
i'm pretty sure everything from cams to compression ratios and fuel injectors are different between the LT and the RS. i would think that this might make ignition modules different, too.

The RS/GT PCIII doesn't touch valve or ignition timing at all. Its nothing but an offset correction to the injector duty cycle. I've had the LT on a dyno and its no big deal as long as its strapped properly. Fun to be going 120 MPH standing still. All they do is put the O2 sniffer in the pipe, hold the throttle at 2, 5, 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100% open and the dyno loads the wheel to vary the RPM's all the way up at each throttle position. The tuninglink adjusts the fueling to dial right in at 13.1 or whatever Dynojet recommends for the K1200 motor. Then you can adjust the closed loop setting to let the O2 on the bike give you the best mileage at stoic (14.5). I think there is also an accelerator pump option to give it an extra shot of fuel right at throttle opening to further smooth things out especially in really cold weather.
post #7 of 8 Old Aug 30th, 2006, 4:07 pm

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofitel505
The RS/GT PCIII doesn't touch valve or ignition timing at all. Its nothing but an offset correction to the injector duty cycle. I've had the LT on a dyno and its no big deal as long as its strapped properly. Fun to be going 120 MPH standing still. All they do is put the O2 sniffer in the pipe, hold the throttle at 2, 5, 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100% open and the dyno loads the wheel to vary the RPM's all the way up at each throttle position. The tuninglink adjusts the fueling to dial right in at 13.1 or whatever Dynojet recommends for the K1200 motor. Then you can adjust the closed loop setting to let the O2 on the bike give you the best mileage at stoic (14.5). I think there is also an accelerator pump option to give it an extra shot of fuel right at throttle opening to further smooth things out especially in really cold weather.
cool. i stand corrected. errrrr ... sit corrected.
post #8 of 8 Old Aug 30th, 2006, 9:12 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBandit
cool. i stand corrected. errrrr ... sit corrected.
No prob. I had to actually watch them doing it to get it all straight in my head. To do it right, takes about 90-120 minutes on the dyno. Most of the time they have to run through the cycle twice to really dial it in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in