Was anyone on a black lt on 11/15 s Sunday morning - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Aug 28th, 2006, 8:46 pm Thread Starter

Was anyone on a black lt on 11/15 s Sunday morning

A Harley rider I work with was caging it on Sunday morning headed south in a down pour on rt 11/15 in Pa. when he said a black bike like mine "i e" LT came up behind him while he was passing a car at 65mph and as soon as he passed he said the Lt passed him on the right and cut back over in the left lane and gave him a one finger wave and he said it pissed him off so he went after him and he said he was doing 80 and the LT was just walking away from him and he could not believe it, he said the guy must be nuts.
I said I would like to know what tires the guy had and that them BMW riders are nuts.

He said he thinks they are because I had passed him several times on the way to work on back roads and even gave him a light show one morning while trimming some weight from the pegs and fairing.

I told him that them beemer riders cant go the speed limit and neither can the harley riders except we go above and you go below the limit.

I also told him that a lot of BMW riders do lots of miles and he may have been on an ironbutt run, which of course I had to explain.

But no hard feelings and lots of ribbing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Aug 28th, 2006, 8:57 pm

Tell your friend that he should know better to start a chase like that with a motorcycle. How would he like it if some madman was chasing him down on his Harley and he crashed. It doesn't matter to me who is right or wrong when its a motorcyclist. If he does something stupid I'll just let him kill himself without my help.

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #3 of 5 Old Aug 28th, 2006, 9:05 pm Thread Starter

I agree.... It surprizes me how many people get pissed off when you pass them.
When I pass someone it just means that I want to go faster than you are going, I dont do anything other than pass and they want to call me names and flip me off or even worse cut me off just because I want passed them. ???

post #4 of 5 Old Aug 28th, 2006, 10:05 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl57
I agree.... It surprizes me how many people get pissed off when you pass them.
We were talking about this problem at our weekend tech session. People must feel the need to control others so much they have to block on the freeway and not use turn-outs on two lanes for slower traffic. It is enough to cause concern that impatient drivers and riders will take risks.

I'll admit that I ride a few MPH over the limit at times... But it amazes me how much people will mess with me when all I want to do is get from point A2B. I hate riding at a limit that is way slow because someone blocks a lane, and it is frustrating when the guilty party can just as easily move over and let faster traffic by. Then when you pass them you sometimes get highbeams and worse for following them for several miles. I'm guessing that in Oregon things will not change much in this area. Laws were passed where flashing ones lights can be called "agressive driving" and can land you a ticket. For now I just patiently wait for enough room to pass without drawing too much attention.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 R1200GSW
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #5 of 5 Old Aug 29th, 2006, 10:18 am

Nice thing for a fellow biker to do- go after a biker that passed him! I probably wouldn't pass him on the right, and I sure wouldn't give him the finger, but if he came chasing after me in his car or truck, I'd assume he was trying to kill me, and he may have a few 9MM sized holes in his radiator when things were all said and done...

Like I keep trying to explain to my dog when he chases a car.... You ain't really thunk it through, boy. Whaddaya gonna do with it if and when you catch one?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in