Which CB? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Aug 26th, 2006, 9:15 am Thread Starter

Which CB?

I know, there are tons of individual threads on Antenna's and CB's out there and depending on the System, BC1, BC3, Voice 1, II. It seems everything I have read is contradictory between systems and problems abound.

I have the VOICE II

I tried to connect the Midland 75-822 and have found that the PTT that BMW provides will not work with the Midland out of the box. I did have someone tell me that it may be able to be donme usinga relay and Midland themselves (Tech support) sent me a schematic of the radio and said it probably would work. The issue is that they use some sort of reverse polarity and a "connect to ground" to complete the Transmit segment. Everything else worked great and it really is ashame as it would have been a good alternative. I have attached the schematic for anyone that would find it helpful and wanted it available to everyone.

Sooooo, Can I ask, those with the VOICE II and a CB. Is the only brand that will work with this (integrate) the J&M and should I get the lower cords as a swap with the dealer when I purchase the unit or are there other choices? Please jump in with your suggestions. Also, If J&M is the only viable option do we need the BMW branded or will the standard J&M fit the bill so to speak?

I have not seen a price for the BMW branded but think I have heard 499+ from what I have gathered going through the threads.

Thanks
-Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Midland_Schem.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	6100  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 75-820 Sche.PDF (442.1 KB, 33 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Bob

'05 Ocean Blue LT
04 Victory (Traded)

Last edited by bman28; Aug 26th, 2006 at 9:18 am. Reason: Forgot attachment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Aug 26th, 2006, 1:51 pm

Cb

Looks like you're on the right road and it should work but the problem I have with those small cheap cb's is that they don't keep the channel and then changing channels is a pain. You can use the handle bar one from J&M or the same one from BMW, same thing except that the one from BMW has their name and supplies the wiring for hook up. I tend to prefer the the handle bar mount over the one that goes in the comm box. In the end it's all about money so the choice is yours.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in