• 1 Post By Voyager
  • 1 Post By UNclebudintx
  • 2 Post By jzeiler
  • 1 Post By saddleman
  • 2 Post By Jim_McG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 Old Jul 17th, 2015, 9:08 am Thread Starter

LT Farkles!

I've shown you mine, now lets see yours!
JNW003 likes this.

2000 K1200LT-C "Tsukune"
2013 Honda NC700X "Moka"

Kirk Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

President of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old Jul 17th, 2015, 12:19 pm

Re: LT Farkles!

I have no Farkles to speak of yet save a front cowl mounted go pro clone but I enjoyed looking at yours. I just bought a Bluetooth voice GPS and will be looking for a way to mount it and you gave me some good ideas. Looking forward to see what everyone else has done. I am not one to reinvent the wheel unless I have to or unless I want to be totally unique. I am more into functionality than one of a kind so I hope some don't mind if I borrow any ideas I see that work for me.

Question, are those LED lights more for being seen or do they provide usable light on the ground? I have been wanting to add some lights and LED seems to be the way to go.

Oh wait, I do have a Farkle. I have the small 10 or so LED clusters on the front forks and behind the top case for added visibility but those I want to upgrade to something better. No picture at the moment.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA
2001 K1200LTI – Champagne (current ride) Lazy Susan
1998 R1100RT – Never should have sold it
1974 Yamaha TX 750 Twin. Omni Phase Balanced

post #3 of 39 Old Jul 17th, 2015, 1:50 pm

My list of farkles and other upgrades:
1. BMW passenger foot boards
2. Caliper mounted PIAA Moto lites
3. J-pegs
4. Muth mirrors and ties
5. Two additional hi-lo license plate mounted LED stop lights
6. Bak-up drivers backrest
7. Peg lowering kit
8. Garmin zumo 550
9. Z-technic Passenger arm rests
10. Luggage rack light bar hooked to Kisan flasher unit.
11. Fix before it breaks trunk latch kit
12. Custom built ez-pass holder with nylon cover to shade Zumo
13. Spiegler brake lines
14. Nylon travel bag that attaches to luggage rack
15. Gas cap mod
16. Canisterectomy
17. BMW valve stem caps
18. Rare earth magnets on skid plate to trip lights
19. Front fender extender
20. Turned reverse knob upside down to prevent pant leg from being caught on it and almost falling. (yes that really happened)
21. Grip puppies
22. EBC rear brake pads
23. Metal QD for fuel lines

When I bought the bike in 2008 with 1100 miles on it, most of the expensive mods were already on the bike by the original owner($5,000 worth). I installed 11 to 23 since I have owned it ($700). All of course are crucial to the performance, reliability, safety and comfort of the bike. Well I guess you could say the BMW valve stem caps are more bling then functional.

Scott
2007 LT

Last edited by norton; Jul 17th, 2015 at 1:58 pm.

post #4 of 39 Old Jul 17th, 2015, 1:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by norton View Post
20. turned reverse knob upside down to prevent pant leg from being caught on it and almost falling. (yes that really happened)
Going to have to look into this one.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA

post #5 of 39 Old Jul 17th, 2015, 2:23 pm

Garage

14wntr - Since you have removed the radio (love the space made available) What do you do for music? if anything. And if you have music, do you use the factory speakers or bluetooth headset?
post #6 of 39 Old Jul 17th, 2015, 2:41 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwcoolk1200 View Post
Going to have to look into this one.
One of those probably won't happen to me in a million years, except it did happened to me. I had the wife on back stopped at a light. I brought my left foot up to put it in first gear. The wife or wind or something started the bike leaning to the left side and when I tried to put my foot down to counteract it, my leg wouldn't move, I then forced my leg down to the pavement really hard and ripped my jeans and got the foot down just in time to save an embarrassing fall. The bottom of the jean must of slipped over the little pointed indicator on the reverser knob because it is the only thing that could have grabbed my pant leg. I was actually surprised they ripped. My panic and adrenaline must have gave me super strength because jean material is pretty strong. So I turned the knob upside down so that can never happen again.

Scott
2007 LT
post #7 of 39 Old Jul 17th, 2015, 2:53 pm

Quote:
One of those probably won't happen to me in a million years, except it did happened to me. I had the wife on back stopped at a light. I brought my left foot up to put it in first gear. The wife or wind or something started the bike leaning to the left side and when I tried to put my foot down to counteract it, my leg wouldn't move, I then forced my leg down to the pavement really hard and ripped my jeans and got the foot down just in time to save an embarrassing fall. The bottom of the jean must of slipped over the little pointed indicator on the reverser knob because it is the only thing that could have grabbed my pant leg. I was actually surprised they ripped. My panic and adrenaline must have gave me super strength because jean material is pretty strong. So I turned the knob upside down so that can never happen again.
I have only gone down once with a pillion and it was in a parking space with a bad grade down to the left and the wheel turned. I did not have enough super strength at the degree of lean it had when my foot hit the ground so I just said going down and get out of the way. Hopefully never again. Hopefully. Going to flip my reverser knob tonight

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA

post #8 of 39 Old Jul 17th, 2015, 4:22 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Here’s my list of farkles and other upgrades as well as other things I carry on bike or may ride with:

1. BMR package tray mounted over pillion seat;
2. PIAA 1100X lights mounted under hi-beam, operated by turnsignal cancel switch using an AS7 switch
3. Russell Day Long seat and backrest (and optional raincovers), pillion seat and backrest recovered to match
4. BMW RT handlebar mounted mirrors
5. Rider West K1200LT Brake Light Flasher (Topcase mounted)
6. Kathys saddlebag luggage and matching topcase bag
7. Centech AP-2 Fuse Panel
8. Garmin Zumo 590LM and sunshade
9. CTEK Battery Charger (with Powerlet plug)
10. Odessey PC680 battery
11. Fix before it breaks trunk latch kit
12. Condor Wheel Chock
13. Spiegler brake lines
14. Garmin tire pressure sensors mounted on Kurvy Girl metal valve stems
15. Aerostich bike cover
16. Canisterectomy (modified – canister still mounted on bike)
17. Aerostich R3 riding suit
18. Shoei Neotech Modular helmets with sunshade purchased through Aerostich
19. Card Scala G9 communications
20. Speedbleeders (both front & rear brakes and clutch line)
21. Veskimo cooling system (hydration pack and 9 qt. cooler)
22. EBC brake pads (F&R)
23. Jiffy Tite metal quick disconnets for fuel lines
24. Yacugar shocks and springs
25. Vstream windshield
26. GoPro 3+ black with remote (camera mounted in front of windshield, remote mounted on stingray)
27. K&N air filter (will remove and replace with paper filter at next major service)
28. Electric tire pump, patch kit
29. Longacre 2.5 in. liquid filled tire pressure guage
30. Powerall Deluxe power bank (battery for jump starting bikes and other vehicles, emergency power for cell phones, etc)
31. Replaced saddlebag’s rubber strap for tool kit with Velcro straps
32. First Aid kit

Kirk had mentioned a vendor that had made saddlebag lighting kits. Attached is a pamphlet for a version offered (don't know if they still do) from Rider West.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf K1200LT Saddlebag Kit-V2.pdf (1.10 MB, 228 views)

Dave Beck
'16 K1600GTLE
'07 K1200LT (sold 9/24/16)
'74 Suzuki GT750L (long, long gone)

post #9 of 39 Old Jul 17th, 2015, 9:58 pm

Whoever was the PO of my bike, hooked me up!

This is what they had done:

1. PIAA 1100X lights mounted under hi-beam
2. Russell Day Long seat
3. CB with push to talk button
4. Navigator
5. Acc. tray over dash
6. Alpine speakers
7. passenger floor boards
8. Muth mirrors
9. J-pegs
10. Headlight protector

This is what I have done in the last week of ownership.

1. Replaced LEFT Muth mirror glass which ejected when hitting a bump in a turn
2. Driver back rest
3. BMW Accessory jack for the radio
4. XM Radio
5. Additional relayed fuse block
6. Passport X50 with H.A.R.D. System
7. Chatterbox charger
8. Either painted chrome or carbon fiber wrapped it - I hate chrome!
9. Waterproof plugs for USB charging

I am still waiting for Don to get in hardware and resume armrest construction.

Visit
_ Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it over?
post #10 of 39 Old Jul 18th, 2015, 5:49 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimadams1 View Post
14wntr - Since you have removed the radio (love the space made available) What do you do for music? if anything. And if you have music, do you use the factory speakers or bluetooth headset?
I use the Sena SMH-10 and upgraded speakers in my helmet!

2000 K1200LT-C "Tsukune"
2013 Honda NC700X "Moka"

Kirk Johnson

President of

post #11 of 39 Old Jul 18th, 2015, 7:46 am

I liked what you did by removing the radio. I pulled the CD player not long after I bought my 02 and should have also removed the radio. The space was nice and I rarely turned the radio on.

The lighting that you added might get you into trouble in Florida if the LEO is not having a good day. I don't think that any blue light is allowed except by law enforcement. I added lighting to my bike around the roundels on the side, but stuck with amber for turn and white for running.

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #12 of 39 Old Jul 18th, 2015, 8:09 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDiver View Post
I liked what you did by removing the radio. I pulled the CD player not long after I bought my 02 and should have also removed the radio. The space was nice and I rarely turned the radio on.

The lighting that you added might get you into trouble in Florida if the LEO is not having a good day. I don't think that any blue light is allowed except by law enforcement. I added lighting to my bike around the roundels on the side, but stuck with amber for turn and white for running.
Kirk afraid of the LEO, I don't think so, he is a rebel, have you ever heard the music he listens to in his garage he is not afraid of anything.
post #13 of 39 Old Jul 18th, 2015, 9:59 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Kirk afraid of the LEO, I don't think so, he is a rebel, have you ever heard the music he listens to in his garage he is not afraid of anything.

He's only afraid of his wife, especially after he watched her put his LT on the center stand.
cbpip likes this.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

post #14 of 39 Old Jul 18th, 2015, 10:21 am

1. Wunderlich - extra lights (high beam)
2. Xenon conversion kit for low-beam
3. J-pegs
4. Peg lowering kit
5. kick shifter
6. Rick Mayer handmade seat
7. CeeBailey's windscreen
8. Dash made by Ari (the farkle-freak Finn) with extra meters for Voltage, Oil pressure & vacuum
9. Led-lights for dash, side cases, rear trunk, radio compartment and under the driver seat
10. Bak-up drivers backrest
11. TomTom Rider - bike navigator integrated in the bike comms - on RamMount stand
12. StarCom & Sena 20S communication kits integrated to bike radio, navigator, phone & PMR,
13. Bluetooth transceiver for radio & MP3 signal
14. Luggage rack light bar hooked to flasher unit.
15. Auxliary brake light LEDs in rear trunk
16. Auxliary side light LEDs side cases & front fender
17. (unbreakable) trunk latch kit to replace the original broken one
18. Spiegler brake lines
19. Gas cap mod
20. Metal QD for fuel lines
21. Switch for disconnecting IAT-sensor
22. 3 auxliary power outlets
23. adjustable power outlet / rheostat for one power outlet
25. Tool-tube under the right side case
.... + something I must have forgotten

Born to be wild so why not

Last edited by C-A-D; Jul 18th, 2015 at 10:29 am.
post #15 of 39 Old Jul 18th, 2015, 9:04 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
He's only afraid of his wife, especially after he watched her put his LT on the center stand.
Especially when he said,"even a girl can do it" did you see the look she gave him. I bet he peed his pants. So I guess the only LEO he would be afraid of is a woman wearing a badge and his wife of course.

Scott
2007 LT
post #16 of 39 Old Jul 21st, 2015, 10:35 pm

https://youtu.be/zqCJ8t7vP0g hope that links work. Video of my farkles,, forgot to mention in video that i have done ths fuel line disconnects wich isnt realy a farkel as much as self preservation... oh and i did the before break mod on trunk latch....

Btw i see many have listed a fuel cap mod.. what is that all about?

Well hope video link works, gotto get in bed doing ironbutt to billings mt moa in the morning
bfree likes this.
post #17 of 39 Old Jul 22nd, 2015, 3:23 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNclebudintx View Post
https://youtu.be/zqCJ8t7vP0g hope that links work. Video of my farkles,, forgot to mention in video that i have done ths fuel line disconnects wich isnt realy a farkel as much as self preservation... oh and i did the before break mod on trunk latch....

Btw i see many have listed a fuel cap mod.. what is that all about?

Well hope video link works, gotto get in bed doing ironbutt to billings mt moa in the morning
Gas cap mod????I was wondering that as well.

later..Randy

Found it.

http://www.bmwlt.com/files/albums/us...ap%20Mod~0.pdf

2006 LT
Magnesium Shwarz Metalic
Bountiful, Utah

Last edited by 2006lt; Jul 22nd, 2015 at 3:29 pm.
post #18 of 39 Old Jul 22nd, 2015, 3:37 pm

Unclebud, I see on your video that you have the RAM X-Grip phone holder. I have been considering that one but slightly concerned about how well it will hold my iPhone 6 in an otterbox, any insight? I'd probably feel a whole lot more secure if there were something giving support on the bottom, I have visions of hitting a nasty bump and the phone just slipping out the bottom, pretty sure my employer would be upset about that

-Steve

2009 BMW R1200RT
2000 BMW K1200LT (was supposed to be replaced by above, but can't keep above running long enough to replace
)
2000 BMW R1200C
post #19 of 39 Old Jul 22nd, 2015, 8:35 pm

The gas cap mod allows you to open the gas cap without using the key. You can still lock if need be.

Here is the link for it:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/21985629/B...Cap-Mod#scribd

Scott
2007 LT

Last edited by norton; Jul 22nd, 2015 at 8:43 pm.
post #20 of 39 Old Jul 23rd, 2015, 7:50 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006lt View Post
Gas cap mod????I was wondering that as well.

later..Randy

Found it.

http://www.bmwlt.com/files/albums/us...ap%20Mod~0.pdf
I had not heard of it, either, so I looked it up and performed it the day before a 1,000 mile trip this past weekend! I had no idea they were so prone to failure, but after opening it up, I understood. The entire mod took me less than 10 minutes.

Adam.

2000 K1200LT
2003 F650CS
post #21 of 39 Old Jul 23rd, 2015, 8:02 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreksbrother View Post
I had not heard of it, either, so I looked it up and performed it the day before a 1,000 mile trip this past weekend! I had no idea they were so prone to failure, but after opening it up, I understood. The entire mod took me less than 10 minutes.
I hadn't heard they were prone to failure. Mine has worked fine for 8 years and 49K miles. I thought about doing the mod, but it has to weaken the mechanism with that much material removed and I like the idea of my gas cap being locked. And I seldom buy gas more than twice a day even when traveling so using the key each time isn't a problem.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5

post #22 of 39 Old Jul 23rd, 2015, 8:07 am

Quote:
I hadn't heard they were prone to failure. Mine has worked fine for 8 years and 49K miles. I thought about doing the mod, but it has to weaken the mechanism with that much material removed and I like the idea of my gas cap being locked. And I seldom buy gas more than twice a day even when traveling so using the key each time isn't a problem.
From the posts I read of folks having problems (key just spinning when unlocking and such), I didn't want to be stranded (ever) for that. My bike is a 2000 with 119k miles and it's still working faithfully, but I envisioned a post titled: "500 miles from home and gas cap stuck". That being said, you remove just a bit of potted metal from the casing.

The way I figure it is that if someone wants a lousy 5 gallons or less of gas, they can have it, and I would rather they didn't damage my bike in the process. I've been driving cars for 25 years and never had a problem with someone syphoning gas... Not sure why we need such security on our bikes.

Adam.

2000 K1200LT
2003 F650CS
post #23 of 39 Old Jul 23rd, 2015, 9:05 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreksbrother View Post
From the posts I read of folks having problems (key just spinning when unlocking and such), I didn't want to be stranded (ever) for that. My bike is a 2000 with 119k miles and it's still working faithfully, but I envisioned a post titled: "500 miles from home and gas cap stuck". That being said, you remove just a bit of potted metal from the casing.

The way I figure it is that if someone wants a lousy 5 gallons or less of gas, they can have it, and I would rather they didn't damage my bike in the process. I've been driving cars for 25 years and never had a problem with someone syphoning gas... Not sure why we need such security on our bikes.

I am not worried about gas coming out, but rather what vandals might think it funny to put into my tank.

I guess I missed the posts about cap failures. Not sure how this mod prevents the failure as it seems the same parts have to break in either case ... and shaving off 75% of a pot metal part doesn't make it stronger.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5

post #24 of 39 Old Jul 23rd, 2015, 10:39 am

Quote:
Not sure how this mod prevents the failure as it seems the same parts have to break in either case ... and shaving off 75% of a pot metal part doesn't make it stronger.
Thinking about it, it is the actual cycles turning of the key to the unlock position that would cause the failure leading to not being able to open your cap. I see the weakening from removing material as a potential issue but if you mostly leave it in the unlocked position, then the reduction in repetitive locking and unlocking motion might help prevent a total failure and extend the life of the cap. You still have the option to lock it, it just makes it a dual mode, locking and non locking gas cap.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA

post #25 of 39 Old Jul 23rd, 2015, 7:56 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Bear in mind folks the mod does not prevent you from locking the gas cap. Rather it gives you the option to leave it UNLOCKED if you want but you can always lock it as well. I have never seen a reported failure of the gas cap in my 11 years with LTs.
hschisler and saddleman like this.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

post #26 of 39 Old Jul 23rd, 2015, 9:07 pm
Enjoy The Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzeiler View Post
Bear in mind folks the mod does not prevent you from locking the gas cap. Rather it gives you the option to leave it UNLOCKED if you want but you can always lock it as well. I have never seen a reported failure of the gas cap in my 11 years with LTs.
And you are only removing a little plastic not pot metal. I do it on every
LT I work on & everyone has liked it so far.
hschisler likes this.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

post #27 of 39 Old Jul 23rd, 2015, 11:23 pm

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleman View Post
And you are only removing a little plastic not pot metal. I do it on every
LT I work on & everyone has liked it so far.
Then we are doing different mods. I definitely ground off metal from the lock cylinder with a Dremel.

Doug B.
2000 LT purchased July 2013
post #28 of 39 Old Jul 23rd, 2015, 11:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvgb131 View Post
Then we are doing different mods. I definitely ground off metal from the lock cylinder with a Dremel.
The better way of performing this mod may be to remove both plastic and metal so neither is decreased to the point of being too fragile. I will have a look at shaving off both when I take it apart to do it on my LT.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA

post #29 of 39 Old Jul 24th, 2015, 10:22 am

Quote:
I am not worried about gas coming out, but rather what vandals might think it funny to put into my tank.
Come on Voyager, do you really worry about that? That made me chuckle. I think the chance of some moron coming by and putting sugar versus octane booster in my tank are about equal - nil. I just don't worry about these things - call me naďve. I also don't worry about someone stealing my bike so I often leave the key in the ignition going into stores, etc. I figure any potential thief would surely drop the bike as they try to pull out of the parking lot! Nobody wants these bikes except us - it seems we can't give them away!

The only reasons I haven't done the gas cap mod or alarm bypass is a combination of laziness, procrastination and prioritization. Now maybe if I was retired . . .
Leboyd and RemonLT like this.

Jim
2003 BMW K1200LT (my favorite 2 wheeled land yacht)
2008 Yamaha FJR1300 (recent addition)
1982 Yamaha Vision (long gone)
post #30 of 39 Old Jul 24th, 2015, 2:19 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_McG View Post
Come on Voyager, do you really worry about that? That made me chuckle. I think the chance of some moron coming by and putting sugar versus octane booster in my tank are about equal - nil. I just don't worry about these things - call me naďve. I also don't worry about someone stealing my bike so I often leave the key in the ignition going into stores, etc. I figure any potential thief would surely drop the bike as they try to pull out of the parking lot! Nobody wants these bikes except us - it seems we can't give them away!

The only reasons I haven't done the gas cap mod or alarm bypass is a combination of laziness, procrastination and prioritization. Now maybe if I was retired . . .
Just as I was chuckling about carving up the gas cap to prevent a failure if it.

I personally don't worry about any of these three issues, but if there was one worth worrying about it would be a vandal putting something nasty in the tank. I have never heard of an LT gas cap failing. If someone steals gas, I am out a little gas - big deal. If someone puts something in my tank such as diesel (sugar is so old school!), I could ruin my engine. That is a bad thing.

For me, this is simply a mod not worth doing and done wrong could ruin a good gas cap. If I wanted a non locking cap, I would just buy one rather than butcher a good one.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5

post #31 of 39 Old Jul 25th, 2015, 12:17 am

CopperStateTour: I have the RamX on my LT and have used it with an Iphone 6 for an 8000 mile trip. Yes, it did drop my phone, fortunately I had an ear-bud wire to it and saved the phone. I think a rubber band across the points of the X will keep that from happening, as the spring that holds the X closed is not strong enough for a really hard bump.
post #32 of 39 Old Jul 25th, 2015, 10:03 pm

Cool My LT Farkles!

Okay, back to the original thread, here are my add-ons & changes on my '99 :

Canisterectomy
Corbin Seat and Backrest
Cee Bailey Sport Shield
Ft. Worth Rack (removed trunk)
Bob's Hiway Pegs
Rigid LED Driving Lights
Spiegler Brake Lines
Ram Mount w/ cup holder
Grip Puppies
*disconnected air temp sensor to cope with Texas summer heat
It still has orig radio/cassette/CD player that all work
Only 34k with no FD issues

Ride safe & watch the idiots !
post #33 of 39 Old Jul 26th, 2015, 4:08 pm

I have upgraded from the Procom Plus to a Sena SM-10, Sena 20S, Sena SR10 and can use my HAM Kenwood THK2At and my CB Midland 75-822. All worth the money.
post #34 of 39 Old Jul 26th, 2015, 5:08 pm

I get the pleasure of adding a new Farkle as I busted a break line yesterday. One new set of Spieglers on the way. Bye Bye old 14 year old lines.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA

post #35 of 39 Old Jul 28th, 2015, 1:54 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperstatetour View Post
Unclebud, I see on your video that you have the RAM X-Grip phone holder. I have been considering that one but slightly concerned about how well it will hold my iPhone 6 in an otterbox, any insight? I'd probably feel a whole lot more secure if there were something giving support on the bottom, I have visions of hitting a nasty bump and the phone just slipping out the bottom, pretty sure my employer would be upset about that
I have galaxy s5 with otterbox, holds secure, but anything bigger will be difficult to get the phone in holder.. igot about 4k miles no slippage at all. Sometimes the sun reflects off phone and is kinda distracting, but at least I know whos calling

Unclebud in TX
Plainview TX
2007 Kawasaki KLX300r (dirt days)
1969 HONDA TRIAL 90 ( miles of smiles)
200? Unigo ( AKA The Pig)
2002 K1200 LT (AKA Nicci )
2004 Bushtect Roadstar (AKA Elli)
2014 R1200GSA (AKA FreeBird)

OTHER BIKE I HAVE OWNED
2004 R1150 GS (crashed) (AKA GRAY WOLF)
2004 R1150 RT ( Sold) (AKA SILVER BULLET)
1981 KAWASAKI KZ1000ST (SOLD)
1991 HARLEY SPORTSTER 883 (SOLD)

The flogging will continue untill morale improves!
post #36 of 39 Old Jul 29th, 2015, 1:24 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNclebudintx View Post
I have galaxy s5 with otterbox, holds secure, but anything bigger will be difficult to get the phone in holder.. igot about 4k miles no slippage at all. Sometimes the sun reflects off phone and is kinda distracting, but at least I know whos calling
Thanks Unclebudintx and michaeleearly for the info on the X grip. I'm thinking I could affix some kind of little support for the bottom. I might just go ahead and order one, I just don't want to have to explain to my boss why my phone went bye-bye

-Steve

2009 BMW R1200RT
2000 BMW K1200LT (was supposed to be replaced by above, but can't keep above running long enough to replace
)
2000 BMW R1200C
post #37 of 39 Old Jul 29th, 2015, 1:33 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperstatetour View Post
Thanks Unclebudintx and michaeleearly for the info on the X grip. I'm thinking I could affix some kind of little support for the bottom. I might just go ahead and order one, I just don't want to have to explain to my boss why my phone went bye-bye
I agree with the others. I have one that easily holds my Oneplus One phone (a quite large phone) without issue. Like most RAM products, it is very solidly built.

No need to worry about losing your phone. Order the mount and see for yourself. You won't regret it!

Adam.

2000 K1200LT
2003 F650CS
post #38 of 39 Old Aug 3rd, 2015, 11:13 am

05 had no Farkels when I bought it :-(

Have added:
C Bailey WS with wings (-2")
Air Hawk II (works surprisingly well if adjusted right!)
Removed CD Player added Dice IPOD/IPAD unit (vol/next song/charging only capability, if 04 and earlier it has full capability)
Metal Quick Disconnects

Planning on:
Bak-up back rest
spieglers
HID Low beam

Dave T
I did not live to work....I only worked to live! Retired and living life our way!

K1200LT (Calamity)
06 Concours
03 Wing
99 Kaw Voyager
Suz GS850 (10 years! Too good to go)
Suz GS750
Honda 750F & CL,XL 350
post #39 of 39 Old Aug 3rd, 2015, 11:50 am
SEG

Farkles, upgrades & misc accessories:

1) Ohlins front & rear shocks/springs
2) BMW Voice II Communication System
3) Garmin Zumo 665 LM GPS
4) BMW Navigator III GPS with sun visor
5) Russell Day Long rider & passenger seats with OEM pan/stock heating elements
6) Russell Day Long rider backrest
7) Russell Day Long rain covers (2) for use with or without backrest
8) Rich's Custom rider & passenger seats with OEM pan/stock (waterproof & used during winter months)
9) Saddleman's knee pockets (2) (They're great!)
10) Saddleman stingray pouch
11) Booster Plug (helped with initial throttle hesitation)
13) PowerGrid heavy duty (8mm) shifter kit
14) BMR accessory shelf
15) Muth mirrors
16) Pair of Fuego auxiliary HID lights (1-driving light; 1-wide angle light)
17) BMR bracket for Fuego lights
18) BMR accessory arm
19) Adaptiv Technologies radar/laser detector with remote light & helmet audible alarm
20) BMR LT pillion luggage rack
21) PIAA 530 LED fog lights mounted on brake calipers
22) Mick-O-Pegs
23) Grip Puppies
24) Iilum oversized brake lever
25) Don Muddiman's passenger armrest and brackets
26) Ilium oversized shift extension
27) Bob's BMW wired mirror tethers
28) BMR sun visor for Garmin Zumo
29) Bug guard for radiator
30) LT "fix it before it breaks" reinforced top case latch kit
31) Wunderlich oversized side stand foot
32) Ilium chrome rider floorboards
33) Darius passenger floorboards
34) Spiegler steel lined brake lines
35) RKA top case rack expandable bag
36) RKA tank bag
37) Cee Bailey case bag liners (3)
38) Saeng quick scan mirrors (2)
39) Fuzeblock fuse block, model FZ-1
40) Hornet electronic deer whistle
41) Butler Mug and mounted holder
42) Rear brake light Hyper-Lites
43) Upgraded fuel line quick disconnect couplers
44) Backrest for Rich's custom seat
45) Gas cap mod

- 2009 LT
- BMW MOA #92950
- BMW RA #41621
- IBA #35299

Last edited by SEG; Aug 3rd, 2015 at 11:52 am. Reason: forgot an item

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in