Good Luck for the CCR - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Aug 25th, 2006, 1:00 pm Thread Starter

Good Luck for the CCR

To all the LTers going to CCR, good luck and safe riding. From what I've read it will be a blast. Next year I hope to bring a delegation from South Africa to join in the fun!

I would rather be riding my bike and thinking about God than sitting in Church thinking about my bike!

Regards
Allen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Aug 25th, 2006, 2:17 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman
To all the LTers going to CCR, good luck and safe riding. From what I've read it will be a blast. Next year I hope to bring a delegation from South Africa to join in the fun!
Wow, Allen - that'd be grrrrrrreat. We have a history of CCR attendees coming from other parts of the planet. I think Victor (vvk) up in Amsterdam might have been one of the early ones, and he came to two in a row. We've had a coupla Aussies attend, as well as several Canadians, as well as one from Portugal; and this year, the travelin' Finns (Ari & Youko) along with some more Canadians and a few more Europeans. Man, this thang could go international, huh???

I'll be lookin' for ya in '07, Allen. We got one more week to go 'til they make the announcement that Toad Suck, Arkansas will be the official site of the next CCR!!!

Best regards
post #3 of 5 Old Aug 25th, 2006, 2:28 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Wow, Allen - that'd be grrrrrrreat. We have a history of CCR attendees coming from other parts of the planet.
.. how many ship their own bikes over there ... just thinkin bout 2010 .......

• 2005 LT - 17 countries, 2 CONTINENTS & counting !
  • MB SLK 350 MT
  • 1974 Triumph Bonneville 750

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old Aug 25th, 2006, 2:40 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolly
.. how many ship their own bikes over there ... just thinkin bout 2010 .......
Brian - I'm not sure, butt this year, with Ari and Youko and Tom coming from Europe, this may be the first CCR with owner-shipped in bikes. Prior to this, several stateside riders loaned their scoots to those far-flyin' attendees for several of the days during the week. Just one of those gracious thangs that members of the asylum enjoy doin'!!

Matter of fact, at one of the CCRs, a feller (Hal Gulledge) down the way from me had two LTs at the time and took both of 'em to CCR and loaned one of 'em out to Victor (am I right, Vic?). So, it happens frequently, Brian, and if need be, it can happen again!!!
post #5 of 5 Old Aug 25th, 2006, 2:49 pm

Mike from Gloucester (uk) mentioned in previous post about CCR 2010 - no idea what he's planning, but (sad as it might seem) my country/continent list is based on the one bike - when I get there, it will be on mine. 2010 seems a good target - might go for it, then pop down to see my rellies in Argentina. (can be done). Looking forward to bringing some good gear for BBR

• 2005 LT - 17 countries, 2 CONTINENTS & counting !
  • MB SLK 350 MT
  • 1974 Triumph Bonneville 750

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in