retro fit relay - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By mexicoboy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jul 3rd, 2015, 11:32 am Thread Starter

Angry retro fit relay

Howdy. Well back again with a question, of course. BMW Cancun had to order me a replacement relay as they did not install the retro fit I had purchased from 2wheel pros. My problem is they only ordered the relay, not the wiring harness. I have the instructions from BMW on the install process but it does not state which pin to use only which color wire. Not sure slide on connectors is the way to go anyway.
So does anybody know of a way to get just the harness connector as I cannot find it listed as a separate part. Grrrrrrrrr
This is relay number 61357655540.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jul 3rd, 2015, 12:40 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: retro fit relay

It might be this http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fic...57663945_1.pdf
....or not

Patric Blackman
2002 K1200LT/Hannigan2+2
2010 R1200GSA ...1987 Helix...
AMA Charter Lifemember
37 Year Member of both BMWMOA & BMWRA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old Jul 3rd, 2015, 12:45 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicoboy View Post
Howdy. Well back again with a question, of course. BMW Cancun had to order me a replacement relay as they did not install the retro fit I had purchased from 2wheel pros. My problem is they only ordered the relay, not the wiring harness. I have the instructions from BMW on the install process but it does not state which pin to use only which color wire. Not sure slide on connectors is the way to go anyway.
So does anybody know of a way to get just the harness connector as I cannot find it listed as a separate part. Grrrrrrrrr
This is relay number 61357655540.
To the best of my knowledge, also confirmed by BMW parts catalog, you CANNOT buy the small wire harness separate. You either buy the new relay alone (you part number above), OR you buy the retrofit kit that has both (relay and adapter harness).

Only other option is a parted bike on EBAY, but in most cases they will sell the whole harness of the bike. In addition, unless you find a 1999-2001 parted bike that has been retrofitted, you will not obtain the small adapter harness as the 2002-2009 do not have adapter harness - these came from factory with new relay (starting with VIN ZD77402 for USA market).

See photo in Item 1 here on MAX-BMW parts fiche:
MAX BMW Motorcycles - BMW Parts & Technical Diagrams - K1200LT 99-04 (89V3)

-------------------------------------------------
John (Montreal, CANADA)
K1200RS (2002 IceBlue/Red - 96,000 miles)
-------------------------------------------------
Think twice before you hit [SUBMIT REPLY] - famous quote by another member:
"The value of this board is not founded on dismissing the ideas of others, but by posting to share our experiences and what we've learned from them."

post #4 of 4 Old Jul 3rd, 2015, 1:47 pm Thread Starter

Yeah, thanks for looking, as I suspected, SOL. New battery should do it for awhile anyway and now know to keep on tender.
Patric likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in