Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northridge, California, USA
Re: CCR Tech Session Donor Bike Search
I'd be willing to use my '07 as the donor bike for a modified 12/24K service. I just turned 40K, and did the Spiegler changeout at 38K, doing a complete brake flush. By CCR, it should need:
- oil change (engine, trans, rear drive);
- in tank fuel lines and filter (I have an Oetiker stepless ear clamp kit I could bring);
- chuck the existing K&N air filter for a new paper filter;
- could complete the canisterectomy (I disconnected the canister and plugged the one line and re-routed the tank vent line, on the way back from Chattanooga last year);
- valve check (I checked them about 4-6K ago and two of the valves appeared marginally in tolerance); and
- clutch fluid change (to my knowledge, the bike does not have a weep hole drilled), and I previously installed a Speedbleeder on the line to make the bleeding faster.
The bike already has many farkles on it that some of our newer LT owners may be interested in seeing (Jiffy Tite fuel line quick disconnects; a new Garmin 590 with TPMS; PIAAs; Yacugar shocks; fuse block; and AS7 remote switch; Russell seat; Spiegler brake lines; RT mirrors; BMR package tray over the pillion seat; Fix-it-before-it-Breaks latch kit; etc.).
Do you think anyone would be interested on bidding for my old complete Nav III GPS system if I were to donate it to the cause? It works great, but needs updated maps, unless someone wants to use out of date maps...
Let me know if you want to use mine as the donor, and if so, what I would need to bring/ship in advance.
'07 K1200LT (sold 9/24/16)
'74 Suzuki GT750L (long, long gone)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.