Tupperware - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old May 30th, 2015, 11:43 pm Thread Starter

Question Tupperware

Had a great day with the LT today Replaced the Fuel Filter and changed Plug and Wires she runs great with all four cylinders firing again #4 wire had a chunk out of it and the plug was wet and black and nasty not firing,

Anyway my new question is about the screws and clips that hold the tupperware in place a few of mine are no longer working, the rubber parts on a few are missing which allows them spin making it a major pain to get them tight or loose and two on the rear part of the bottom piece are just popped out
So anyway besides going to the dealer and buying them one at a time has anyone figured out a better solution? is this even a semi normal problem? the rattles are annoying

as always thanks for any input or ideas guys

1976 R90/6 (retired)
1993 K1100LT (retired)
1999 K1200LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old May 31st, 2015, 12:50 am
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Tupperware

There are other rubber wellnuts available that are considerably less expensive than the oem. Do a forum search for wellnuts and you should be able to find the source if someone that remembers doesn't post it here.

The metal clip style nuts are different than any others I have seen. I haven't been able to find them just like that anywhere except through BMW.

I have used the less expensive wellnuts, but found them to be of much inferior quality and went back to oem.

I generally order a few of each as well as some extra screws when I run low and have something else to order from Max BMW.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in