Good News: Trunk Latch & Plugup - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Aug 13th, 2006, 5:46 pm Thread Starter
ytk

Smile Good News: Trunk Latch & Plugup

I had my lower trunk replaced (on a worthwhile extended warranty) due to a broken latch (when will BMW engineers admit they are morons and redesign this troublesome component). The new trunk latch worked as stiffly as the one that had ultimately broken and was destined to break at some point in the future. I wish I could remember who to give credit to on this board for the idea to use a dremel tool to grind the surface latch hook for proper clearance. Well, it took about 1 hour of trial and trial and trial grinding to get a perfect fit. The trunk latch now operates with virtually NO effort. So, thanks to whomever for the suggestion.

At the Chicago motorcycle show in Feb. '06 I purchased a Plugup box to allow me to connect my custom-molded earplug speakers into the K-bike. The unit developed a short after only a couple of uses. I contacted Marilyn Navia, the seller, and she promptly replaced the malfunctioning unit and asked only that I send that unit to her. She is a person I will do more business with in the future.

YTKinWI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Aug 13th, 2006, 9:27 pm

Don't worry the new latch will break also. Did all the mods to mine and it still broke. Bought the Millenhause replacement. You should see the difference in construction.

Craig Hutchison
02 Pac Blue (Aka Blue Ox)
34° 14’ 12.63 N
119° 01’ 21.64 W

Why coast through Life when you can Corner it.
post #3 of 7 Old Aug 14th, 2006, 11:38 pm

Question Millenhause

Where can I get the Millenhause replacement?

post #4 of 7 Old Aug 14th, 2006, 11:43 pm

post #5 of 7 Old Aug 14th, 2006, 11:44 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-Peggy
Where can I get the Millenhause replacement?
Hi, Dan - take a look at the Vendor page and you'll see a banner-clicker for Millenhaus. Should get you to Tate (zotter) for the info. Good luck.

Last edited by Dick; Aug 15th, 2006 at 12:01 am.
post #6 of 7 Old Aug 15th, 2006, 12:27 am

Hey to yas!

http://millenhaus.com is the web site. Details on the kit, installation instructions in several formats and a gallery of pictures are there.

To order a kit - fastest way is to Paypal $349 to lt-bits at kc7zru dot net (339 for the kit 10 for shipping to the lower 48 via UPS ground). If you don't want to use Paypal, I also take money orders. Email me for the address (there's a link on the web site too).

I've also setup a product support discussion board - anyone with questions, comments, suggestions, tips or whatever dealing with the Millenhaus latch handle repair kit is welcome to drop in, read up and share.

I also check the thread in the Vendor's forum - any questions, holler!

Tate Belden
http://millenhaus.com
post #7 of 7 Old Aug 15th, 2006, 6:36 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytk
I had my lower trunk replaced (on a worthwhile extended warranty) due to a broken latch (when will BMW engineers admit they are morons and redesign this troublesome component). The new trunk latch worked as stiffly as the one that had ultimately broken and was destined to break at some point in the future. I wish I could remember who to give credit to on this board for the idea to use a dremel tool to grind the surface latch hook for proper clearance. Well, it took about 1 hour of trial and trial and trial grinding to get a perfect fit. The trunk latch now operates with virtually NO effort. So, thanks to whomever for the suggestion.

At the Chicago motorcycle show in Feb. '06 I purchased a Plugup box to allow me to connect my custom-molded earplug speakers into the K-bike. The unit developed a short after only a couple of uses. I contacted Marilyn Navia, the seller, and she promptly replaced the malfunctioning unit and asked only that I send that unit to her. She is a person I will do more business with in the future.

YTKinWI
Just wondering which extended warranty you have?

Ed Apelian
All it takes is an open road and an open mind!

'16 R1200RT - Platinum Bronze Metallic
'18 R1200GS - Light White

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When life throws you a curve ...lean into it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in