24K Service Done! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Oct 17th, 2005, 2:46 pm Thread Starter

24K Service Done!

Well I did it!

Managed to put 2000 miles on my new-to-me 2000 LT in just a month and came up on the 24K service.

I did pull off all the left side tupperware to yank the airbox temp sensor, so now I get to run premium all the time. Last week we were in the high 90's, and while heading to the dealer for some supplies the throttle lag really annoyed the heck out of me, so I decided to yank the sensor.

The hardest part for me was getting to the transmission drain plug. Does everyone else have a skidplate underneath or is that an add-on the PO put on? I had to remove the two rear bolts so I could pull the exhaust hanger out and away from the drain plug... It took awhile as the skid plate bolts were attached with red loctite!

Anyhow, I put in Mobil 1 15/50 in the engine, and Mobil 1 75/90 in the transmission and rear drive.

Good to go for awhile now! At least a few months...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Oct 17th, 2005, 3:56 pm
CWF

So did you flush the front and back brakes as well as the clutch? How about coolant? Check the valves? Me thinks you may not be done yet?

Curtis
2006 K1200GT
post #3 of 4 Old Oct 17th, 2005, 4:02 pm Thread Starter

Yes I did...

The only thing I didn't do was the fuel filter which I believe was listed....

post #4 of 4 Old Oct 17th, 2005, 4:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Warren_
The hardest part for me was getting to the transmission drain plug. Does everyone else have a skidplate underneath or is that an add-on the PO put on?
Yes-- and it's very necessary -- you can literally crack open the tranmission case if you catch the centerstand on a speed bump if the skid plate's not there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Warren_
I had to remove the two rear bolts so I could pull the exhaust hanger out and away from the drain plug... It took awhile as the skid plate bolts were attached with red loctite!
That's exactly the way it's done! For others contemplating this work, see the recently posted Article: http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/articles...rticle&artid=4

Mark Neblett
Fairfax, VA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in