Boot Marks ? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old Oct 17th, 2005, 12:11 pm Thread Starter

Angry Boot Marks ?

My wife has a problem getting off and on the K12LT. I am just happy that she is willing...but how can I get these marks off. I have tried a bunch of cleaners. I think the seat is scratched and its really a scuff. I am very surprised that BMW would use a material that scuffs so easily. Has anyone else noticed this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old Oct 17th, 2005, 12:41 pm

My girlfriend also did this... I used matching shoe polish to touch up the scuff. It isn't a perfect match, but better than looking at a light grey scuff mark. (also note that the scuff was very small) I haven't had to touch it up all summer.

'10 1200 GSA -- Banana!!
'06 CRF450X -- Just trouble
BMWMOA #132301

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 Old Oct 17th, 2005, 12:47 pm

Garage
What is it with girls and scuffing the back seat. My friend did the same thing to my bike the very first time we rode together! I used Armorall and that helped quite a bit. I now it's not the best product for reasons too lengthy to get into now, but it worked enough to keep obsessive me from looking at the scuff all the time.

Joe
05 Ocean Blue LT "Mein Byk"
14 Rolls Royce Ghost
16 GLE 63 S
99 CLK 320 Cabriolet

post #4 of 17 Old Oct 17th, 2005, 12:50 pm

Scuffs are pretty tough to get rid of - the surface of the vinyl has been abraided - or scratched - so what you are looking at is the underlying fabric. BMW actually uses a very high quality vinyl for their seats - but like all vinyl it has it's limitations.

You might want to pick up one of those vinyl repair kits and try massaging some of the repair gunk in there with a Q tip, then wipe it off quickly and let it dry. You'll probably have to custom mix the color to get it to match well. I would mix some up and put it on an hidden area first and let it dry to check the color match, otherwise the repair may look worse than the scuff!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #5 of 17 Old Nov 19th, 2005, 5:51 pm

Cool Oh…

Make 'em ride barefoot until THEY learn how to mount/dismount !
post #6 of 17 Old Nov 19th, 2005, 5:55 pm

Vinyl??

I thought these things were leather?

Crap - been using leather cleaner/conditioner on this thing since I got it!

Tate

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and

post #7 of 17 Old Nov 19th, 2005, 6:16 pm

Try a Kontour Seat, no more scuffs!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #8 of 17 Old Nov 19th, 2005, 8:29 pm

Smile

You know I love reading these posts...But sometimes they just blow me away...At least someone is riding with you and enjoying life with you...My gal steps on the seat to get on and off...Short leg syndrome I expect...It isn't a real costly deal to get you seats redone...Done that got the seat...Again as a silent but watching (lurking) good ol boy I just can't wait to turn on my computer to see what's happen in this crazy ol world...LOL...Scuff marks on the Seat...News at Eleven....Be safe all...and ride Hard....

Chuck & Jackie Gordon
2003 Torch Red (Impala Brown)
2002 Black (Crashed)
1981 FLT (County Bike)
Mountain Home, AR
post #9 of 17 Old Nov 19th, 2005, 8:46 pm

"It isn't a real costly deal to get you seats redone"

Obviously- you have not looked at our prices. Get ready to GAG!

"Done that got the seat"

Yep, just like hundreds of thousands of others, bought "old school technology" invented in the 1950's in a desperate attempt to get comfortable - only to be dissapointed time and time again with the same old wine in a brand new bottle and a fancy lable... polyurethane and vinyl/leather. Kind of like comparing two buck chuck to Silver Oak. YAWN.

You may want to consider stepping into the 21 st century: www.KonTourSeat.com

Technology and time marches on...

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #10 of 17 Old Nov 20th, 2005, 6:47 am

A little scuff ain't that bad, just shows that you use it. I'd rather see a few scuffs and lots of smiles than a beautiful seat and no miles.

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #11 of 17 Old Nov 20th, 2005, 6:54 am

Well said, Dano, well said!!!

Chick

Saved by Grace -- Ephesians 2:8-9

2005 Graphite LT

BMWMOA #118809

NRA Life Member

post #12 of 17 Old Nov 20th, 2005, 8:24 am

Wink Its Got To Be Me Then...

If my SO doesn't ride with me, then how are those skuff marks getting on the seat? You young studs will find as you age that getting the correct elevation with the right leg going over the seat is harder to do some days and you will catch your heel on the seat. But since I just sit on the front seat and the skuff is on the back seat and I usually don't look back there especially when I am riding. It is not a problem for me.

Actually the skuffs go with the scratches on the door to the oddments box that occur when I put the house and office keys in the box or try to put something in the box or retrieve something when the handlebars are in the full locked position. I just figure its part of the "BMW Experience".
post #13 of 17 Old Nov 20th, 2005, 11:09 am

I bought the adjustable foot pegs for my wife.

Bike on side stand.

Marietta would step on the foot peg to get on.

Been widowed for two years.
I miss the occasion scuff and scratch to the side case.
I wish we had put more scuffs and scratches on our LT.

Bob
post #14 of 17 Old Nov 20th, 2005, 5:40 pm

Get one of those Alaska Leather sheepskin pads for the seat. It will protect the seat and also be more comfortable. She may thank you later, if you know what I mean.
I remember my first new bike, Suzuki GS750E, black of course, I was showing it to my female cousin, same age as me. She asked if she could sit on it and before I could say anything she kicked her leg up with her metal studded pseudo cowboy boots and dragged that boot across my brand new painted tank digging a groove into the paint down to the metal. Bike was two days old. All she said was "oops".

Adversity builds character.

BMW MOA #: 115771
My rides: '01 K1200LT Black (of course)
'00 BMW 540i (also black)
'76 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 (not black)
'06 Toyota Landcruiser (black again)
post #15 of 17 Old Nov 20th, 2005, 6:13 pm

Bob, I hear what you say about missing the occasional scuff and scratch. Even my boys, as they grow up, they seem to have less time to ride with me, scratch & scuff the back 1/2 of the LT. I miss those days, also miss having the lady back there.

Tom Haycraft
Round Rock, TX

2001 K1200LT - Champagne (2004 - 2010 / R.I.P.)
2005 K1200LT - Ocean Blue (2010 - )
post #16 of 17 Old Nov 20th, 2005, 6:28 pm

I never got my 25 bucks! Seriously, one of the munchkin/techs at BMW Daytona scuffed my 12S seat and it PO's me every time I look at it. I have done everything under the sun except shoot the SOB trying to get rid of the scuffs.

And yes, my K12LT with the ta ta KONTOUR SEAT looks as fresh and perky (the seat that is) as the day I got it almost year and a half ago! In fact, sometimes throwing my leg over the BakUp or doing the leg extend, flamingo walk, I have dragged a sole over the Kontour Seat, and nada, nothing, just like new.

John
Jacksonville, FL (USA)
post #17 of 17 Old Nov 20th, 2005, 8:49 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamaro
I never got my 25 bucks! Seriously, one of the munchkin/techs at BMW Daytona scuffed my 12S seat and it PO's me every time I look at it. I have done everything under the sun except shoot the SOB trying to get rid of the scuffs.

And yes, my K12LT with the ta ta KONTOUR SEAT looks as fresh and perky (the seat that is) as the day I got it almost year and a half ago! In fact, sometimes throwing my leg over the BakUp or doing the leg extend, flamingo walk, I have dragged a sole over the Kontour Seat, and nada, nothing, just like new.
Hmmm, I dunno John, I think you may have misread my post.

Everytime you mention ta ta seat you have to pay US $25.00! A better racket than Internet poker.

Now, if only I could figure out a way to get skid/scuff marks out of my underwear I could make my Amy the happiest woman in the world - and put Proctor and Gamble out of business.

"Like Butt-ahh!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in