BMW Motorrad Navigator IV with a Mount Cradle - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Feb 9th, 2015, 8:45 pm Thread Starter

BMW Motorrad Navigator IV with a Mount Cradle

Hi All,
I am the proud owner of a BMW k1200 LT (2007) and I am thinking to buy a second hand BMW Motorrad Navigator IV with a 4 Button Mount Cradle (Serial number #77527721940 ).

I would like to know the following about the 4 Button Mount Cradle (Serial number #77527721940 ):
-Does it fit in the K1200LT?
-Can you hear the GPS voice (directions) through the speakers in the motorcycle?
-I believe it has MP3 player. Can you hear it through the speakers in the motorcycle?
-I believe it can read fuel tank level. Does it work in the k1200LT?
-Do you recommend it in a K1200LT?
Please, I would appreciate any help.
Thank you
Alex.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Feb 9th, 2015, 10:27 pm

Re: BMW Motorrad Navigator IV with a Mount Cradle

Yes it fits the 2005 and up. It is plug and play. You have to take off the stingray to get to the connections.

However, it does not play thru the speakers for either directions or MP3s. Only thru the headsets using Bluetooth. Also does not play thru to the passenger if you have the CommII system with wire headsets, but will if you use Bluetooth.

Does not do the fuel level to best of my knowledge.

A NAV 5 would be better, brighter screen. You will need a sun shade for daytime sunny conditions. But it is plug no play with no rewiring needed.

Dave T
I did not live to work....I only worked to live! Retired and living life our way!

K1200LT (Calamity)
06 Concours
03 Wing
99 Kaw Voyager
Suz GS850 (10 years! Too good to go)
Suz GS750
Honda 750F & CL,XL 350
post #3 of 8 Old Feb 10th, 2015, 2:40 am
Lifetime Supporter

Hi Alex,

I have an '07 LT with the Nav III that I removed today and am installing a Garmin 590LM in its place. You might want to verify if you can still get map updates for the Nav IV before going through all that trouble. I got tired of my Nav III directing me to motels and gas stations that were no longer open or did not have newer housing tracts or streets in the old data base. I tried but was unable to install the latest updated maps from Garmin (as of a couple of weeks ago, even after getting some pointers on how to do this from some of this forum's more knowledgable guys that had previously reported success. Garmin refunded me the cost of the map update and I then bit the bullet and bought the 590. FYI, here's a couple of pix of the stingray sitting in my living room waiting for tomorrow's installation... Good luck with your decision on how to proceed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150209_232626_519.jpg
Views:	1105
Size:	689.9 KB
ID:	73713   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150209_232701_432.jpg
Views:	1133
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	73721  

Dave Beck
'16 K1600GTLE
'07 K1200LT (sold 9/24/16)
'74 Suzuki GT750L (long, long gone)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 Old Feb 10th, 2015, 10:42 am

I didn't unhook the stingray just unbolted it lifted it and turned it over to get to the connections.

The NAVIV is still supported and has map updates available and should have for some time since the V just came out about a year and a half ago.

Dave T
I did not live to work....I only worked to live! Retired and living life our way!

K1200LT (Calamity)
06 Concours
03 Wing
99 Kaw Voyager
Suz GS850 (10 years! Too good to go)
Suz GS750
Honda 750F & CL,XL 350
post #5 of 8 Old Feb 10th, 2015, 11:36 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for your help.
post #6 of 8 Old Feb 14th, 2015, 7:25 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW003 View Post
Hi Alex,

I have an '07 LT with the Nav III that I removed today and am installing a Garmin 590LM in its place. You might want to verify if you can still get map updates for the Nav IV before going through all that trouble. I got tired of my Nav III directing me to motels and gas stations that were no longer open or did not have newer housing tracts or streets in the old data base. I tried but was unable to install the latest updated maps from Garmin (as of a couple of weeks ago, even after getting some pointers on how to do this from some of this forum's more knowledgable guys that had previously reported success. Garmin refunded me the cost of the map update and I then bit the bullet and bought the 590. FYI, here's a couple of pix of the stingray sitting in my living room waiting for tomorrow's installation... Good luck with your decision on how to proceed.
I would like to know more about how you plan to connect this electrically. Do you plan to try to feed the audio out into your VOICE II intercom?

I have an 07 with Nav III also and am contemplating my options. I can still load maps into my III, but can load only a few states due to the limited memory. I'd rather not pay the toll for the BMW brand, but I dont want yo trash my wired headsets that work with the VOICE II.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 Old Feb 15th, 2015, 4:54 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
I would like to know more about how you plan to connect this electrically. Do you plan to try to feed the audio out into your VOICE II intercom?

I have an 07 with Nav III also and am contemplating my options. I can still load maps into my III, but can load only a few states due to the limited memory. I'd rather not pay the toll for the BMW brand, but I dont want yo trash my wired headsets that work with the VOICE II.
I went ahead and bit the bullet on a Garmin 590LM, as I could not get the map updates to load onto my Nav III. I have a Scala G9 bluetooth comm system, so I plan to use it linked to the GPS, and have never really liked trying to listen to the LT's radio or CD, except when parked. My preference would have been to have the new GPS operate similar to the Nav III through taping into existing wiring harnesses, but since I'm somewhat electrically challenged and was unable to locate any wiring schematics showing the radio/com systems, decided to mount it in the same location while using the old Nav III stingray bracket.

The 590 cradle does have additional wiring for a USB power outlet (to charge a phone or other device), as well as three connectors for mic in, audio in, and audio out. You should be able to listen to Pandora radio through a smartphone, linked via bluetooth and then routed from the audio out cable to a wired headset.

In the brief time I have had the new GPS, I've connected and played an i-Pod through my helmet speakers, but have not taken it out on the road yet, as I am in process of installing Spiegler brake lines and have the tupperware off. Here's three pix of the cradle mounted on the bike, the 590 mounted on the cradle, and the three connectors that I will leave under the seat, unused most of the time. Power is picked up from my Centech AP-2 fuse panel. I hope this helps in coming up with a solution to meet your needs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Garmin 590LM Unmounted Cradle.jpg
Views:	2119
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	74089   Click image for larger version

Name:	Garmin 590LM Mounted in Cradle.jpg
Views:	2342
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	74097   Click image for larger version

Name:	Garmin 590LM Communications Wiring.jpg
Views:	999
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	74105  

Dave Beck
'16 K1600GTLE
'07 K1200LT (sold 9/24/16)
'74 Suzuki GT750L (long, long gone)

post #8 of 8 Old Sep 15th, 2015, 1:35 pm

I have a 2002 KLT that had a Nav II on it but the thing died. I received a NavIV from my wife with the cradle but I haven't been able to find the wiring for it. Does anyone know how to connect this ? I have the Tupperware off right now so I can make any connections that need to be made. I also bought the wiring harness from A&S cycles but I really am not sure which wire goes to what.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in