Cee Baileys?Which one to order? HELP PLS - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jul 31st, 2006, 2:11 pm Thread Starter

Cee Baileys?Which one to order? HELP PLS

Need to order a new screen, wife says she would like less air then the stock sheild, she is 5' 10"...

Considering the touring screen -1

Comments from those who ride 2 up would be great !!

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jul 31st, 2006, 3:29 pm

I bought the stock size CB, and both the navigator and I think it's got better airflow characteristics than the OEM piece. Can't explain it. But it's better.

However: I'm 5'10" and she's only 5'7". With your wife's height, you might want to go a tad taller.

Just my $.02 worth. Hope it's of use.

Don

Don Hutchins
Kingston, WA
'03 K12LT "Stealth Starship Helga II"
K 12 Light Trucker since 1999
post #3 of 9 Old Jul 31st, 2006, 4:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBHutchins
I bought the stock size CB, and both the navigator and I think it's got better airflow characteristics than the OEM piece. Can't explain it. But it's better.

However: I'm 5'10" and she's only 5'7". With your wife's height, you might want to go a tad taller.

Just my $.02 worth. Hope it's of use.

Don
Short Hi-Jack --- Happy Birthday, Don!

post #4 of 9 Old Jul 31st, 2006, 4:39 pm

It makes a difference if you are getting the style #2 or not. The flip at the top raises the shield considerably. I'm 6'0" and shrinking. I tried the style #2 -2 and it was to tall. I now have the #2-4. Great shield. I might try #2 -3 next time. I also have the wings. My wife says they make a big difference. My 2 cents. Hope this helps.
post #5 of 9 Old Jul 31st, 2006, 5:41 pm

I am 6'2" and have #2 -2 and love it, wife is much shorter so height is no problem for her. But, like someone said #2 shield seems taller than regular.
Leon
05 Blue LT
post #6 of 9 Old Jul 31st, 2006, 6:52 pm

CeeBee

I tried out my new CB #2 -1" today for the first time today. I'm about 6' 1" and have been using the stock shield for 3 years or so. The main thing I notice is that with the CB shield fully down, I get much less direct air in my face than before. I would have to raise the stock shield about 2-3" before to get the same effect. And doing so would put the edge of the glass in my line of sight, which I don't care for much. It is much nicer to look over the glass than through it, IMHO. So, on this I am pleased. The #2 curve creates a low pressure area in the rider area that is somewhat noticable in my ears, kind of like being on a plane changing altitudes. I have a half helmet, so maybe that's why I notice it more. I also agree that the shield "seems" bigger although I know it it actually 1" smaller as measured down the center. I believe that the upper corners flare out a bit more than the stock unit.
post #7 of 9 Old Jul 31st, 2006, 7:23 pm

I have just recently gotten my Cee Bailey #2 at stock height and the jury for me is still out. I went from a Euro cut to the #2 and at 6'5" I get a huge amount of buffeting behind the screen no matter what level I adjust it.

If I did it again I would have probably gone a #1 -2, the Euro cut I had was probably 7 inches shorter and with it all the way up I was fairly comfortable. The other thing I don't really like is that the scoop at the top distorts vision and that is right in my eye line if I raise it up at all, I can just look over the top with it all the way down.

My 2 cents worth anyway.
post #8 of 9 Old Jul 31st, 2006, 7:30 pm

I'am 6' and my SO is 5'11 and I have the Cee Bailey #2 w/ wings- standard and my SO loves it. I could prob have gone minus 2 and it would not have made much diff.Hope this helps.
post #9 of 9 Old Jul 31st, 2006, 9:37 pm

Talking

I am 6'0 and Karen is 54'4
We have a #2 -3 with wings.....
Both love it.

Allan..Illinois, Oregon, Arkansas, and tomorrow the Universe
2003 K1200LT trike - Starfighter
2004 R1150RTP - Combat Touring
IBA #38152
BMW-MOA 97667
Patriot Guard Riders
...and man of leisure

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in