Bohn Adventure Pants - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jan 26th, 2015, 9:35 pm Thread Starter

Bohn Adventure Pants

Does anyone have experience with the Bohn Body Protection Shirt and Pants? I heard about these years ago but I am just now interested in more information. I am quite interested in the Adventure pants.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jan 26th, 2015, 10:27 pm

Garage
Re: Bohn Adventure Pants

My wife and I have been using them for a few years. I only use them in the summer when I don't want to wear my over pants and heavy jacket. Luckily I have never needed to try out the actual protection factor of them, but they seem like they have decent protection and they are relatively comfortable. I almost wonder if using d3o armor in them would be more comfortable because it would be more flexible.

1973 Yamaha 250 Enduro (crash and burn)
1982 Yamaha Virago 920 (sold)
Honda CB750 Custom (sold...good riddins!)
2003 K1200LT - Black (for sale)
2005 K1200LT - Ocean Blue Metallic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old Jan 28th, 2015, 7:13 pm Thread Starter

Rdepas,

Thank for the response. That is good info and the price is about right. I may try just the mid weight pants for the warm weather ahead as I think they will fit fine under jeans.

I was hoping to find armored chaps but they do not seem to exist.

post #4 of 5 Old Jan 28th, 2015, 9:28 pm

Re: Bohn Adventure Pants

Hawg:

I tried the Bohn armor for one summer down here in southern Louisiana as an alternative to my armored pants. It is ok as long as you are moving and have air flow, but even with the lightweight open mesh it was very uncomfortable in hot, high humidity conditions we routinely have here. Because the Bohn fitment is very snug, there is no airflow around the armor. I would get overheated quite quickly anytime the temperatures were over 80 degrees and have to shed the Bohn gear if I was stopped for any length of time. They were not good for stop and go city commuting in traffic for that reason. You may have the same issue in the summers.

The upside of the problem was that I replaced the armor in several of my riding overpants with the Bohn stuff (after trimming a bit to fit the pockets) which is much better than the OEM armor originally in the pants.

Probably the best compromise between dorky riding pants and normal looking pants or jeans that I have found and use is the BMW Summer Pant 2 and 3 series. They are comfortable in a wide range of temperatures hot to very cold, and are not that expensive.

Doug Stracener
2011 RT polar metallic
Attorney,
MSF #127350,
Instructor, Motorcycle Safety Program Louisiana Department of Public Safety
NAUI Scuba Instructor #36288
Divers Alert Network Board member

Last edited by ka5ysy; Jan 28th, 2015 at 9:37 pm.
post #5 of 5 Old Jan 29th, 2015, 1:19 pm Thread Starter

Ah yes... The summer pant. I will very look at those next time I go by the dealer. I need to get the airflow gloves anyway!

Thank you for that!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in