Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Seabrook, TX, USA
Re: CD/Radio Screen condensation issue
As already posted, the foggy plastic can be remedied by simply wiping with alcohol. Isopropyl works but denatured has been suggested too.
For condensation to the extent of droplets, you can try warming the display to evaporate the water. It may take time and patience to avoid overheating and damaging the display. Use a hair dryer, not a heat gun. The water will vaporize and works its way back out the way it came in.
I applied clear PVC electrical tape over the display to seal it from the elements. Since the tape stretches, I sealed the display and the grey plastic surrounding it. It has worked to keep moisture out and the screen clear. The tape has not yellowed after a few years but is easy to replace if it does. If done carefully, it can look okay and not very noticeable.
Life's too short to ride ugly motorcycles