04 Seat Modification to fit 05 LT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jul 28th, 2006, 3:56 pm Thread Starter

04 Seat Modification to fit 05 LT

Fellas,

I have heard that the 04 saddle will fit the 05 with nothing more than some 'dremmelling'. Does anyone here have some pix of where to dremel? I have an 04 pan coming and will be sending it off to Russell for retro-butt-fit.
Thanks,

F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jul 28th, 2006, 4:18 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

I think Russell knows where to dremel. I used an 03 seat on my 05 in the high position with no problem. It is pretty obvious where it contacts in the low setting.

Hint - borrow a little lipstick from your SO (not her favorite color) and apply it to the top ridge of the tupperware - then lower the seat pan to contact - now you know where to cut!

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old Jul 28th, 2006, 6:03 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzeiler
I think Russell knows where to dremel. I used an 03 seat on my 05 in the high position with no problem. It is pretty obvious where it contacts in the low setting.

Hint - borrow a little lipstick from your SO (not her favorite color) and apply it to the top ridge of the tupperware - then lower the seat pan to contact - now you know where to cut!
John,

Thats thinkin! Got my order in today for the Russell, looks like an OCT build date.

F

post #4 of 4 Old Jul 28th, 2006, 8:13 pm

Dave: I transferred over the seat from my 03 to my first 05 three years ago. Maybe twenty minutes with the dremel and everything fit just fine. There are two ribs that run the length of the seat on the pan. You just need to trim off about a third of depth of both, about in the middle. That is, if you run the seat in the power postion. If you run it in the high position no trimming is needed. Only reason to have to trim the ribs in the low position is that they put a fair amount of pressure on the top ridge of the tupperware on both sides. I'm lovin the Hawk pads. 100 nearly dust free miles! Dick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in