Clymer,s - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old Jul 27th, 2006, 7:51 am Thread Starter

Clymer,s

Looking for information on Clymer's K1200Lt manual. I am not sure if they are for sale yet but BMWON had an article about them being made. I know no manual is perfect but I have used Clymer's for my airheads and find them very helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old Jul 27th, 2006, 9:32 am

I ordered mine last month.
Was supposed to be out 7/15..but I still haven't received it....................

Allan..Illinois, Oregon, Arkansas, and tomorrow the Universe
2003 K1200LT trike - Starfighter
2004 R1150RTP - Combat Touring
IBA #38152
BMW-MOA 97667
Patriot Guard Riders
...and man of leisure

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 Old Jul 27th, 2006, 9:35 am

I ordered mine from www.repairmanual.com. They are suppossed to be shipped today (27th) to the distributer. Not sure how long it will take to get it. I think they list for around $50. I paid $40 including shippimg.

Tim Frederick
Woodbury, MN

post #4 of 16 Old Jul 27th, 2006, 10:14 am
ajs

I bought mine (Clymer M501) at the MOA Rally in Vermont. It was supposed to be brand new, as they say; "hot off the press"; Can only be purchased here, or so they said. I haven't had a chance to spend much time with it yet but it came highly recommended by some of my travelling buddies. With all that and the fact I own an '05 KLT I thought it might come in handy for doing some of my own work..... save much on dealer charges??
post #5 of 16 Old Jul 27th, 2006, 12:50 pm

Thumbs up Just ordered a manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredthead
I ordered mine from www.repairmanual.com. They are suppossed to be shipped today (27th) to the distributer. Not sure how long it will take to get it. I think they list for around $50. I paid $40 including shippimg.
Thanks for the link! It was quick and is "on back order" and was $40.80 total.

I'm betting I'll get that $40.80 back after I just change the spark plugs myself.

The plugs came UPS today. Thanks to this board linking me to beemerboneyard.com Great to get OEM parts at a discount.

Now I have to decide if I want to wait until my manual comes to change my plugs or make an attempt yet today. LOL Yep, I have time on my hands when I'm not on a ride. Thunder storma predicted for today, so I may spend some time in my garage.

Again, thanks to all helpful riders here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
04 Honda Reflex.....Hers (it mostly sits)
Converted HD rider.
Love this LT bike and still waiting for my first speeding ticket. LOL
Vern

=====
post #6 of 16 Old Jul 27th, 2006, 9:14 pm

Saw it at BMWMOA for $50, but didn't want to lug it home. Ordered just now from repairmanual.com for $44.75 with shipping and handling. This should supplement the BMW mechanic oriented CD I have, which references a lot of specialized tools that may not always be needed. Just did the 12K service, except for the brake fluid flush, which I'll probably have the dealer do over the winter.

Laurence Hendrick

2008 K1200GT, Dark Graphite (Oh my, so fast!)
2005 LT Ocean Blue (Sold and comfort will be missed, but not the weight)
post #7 of 16 Old Jul 27th, 2006, 9:49 pm

I'd like to know how you guys like the book.

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #8 of 16 Old Jul 27th, 2006, 9:52 pm

Thumbs up The wait may be over

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredthead

Got an email this afternoon ( I ordered this morning) saying my manual would be shipped tomorrow. Perfect timing, eh?¿?

====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
Converted HD rider.
Vern

=====
post #9 of 16 Old Jul 28th, 2006, 8:53 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
I'd like to know how you guys like the book.
I picked up a copy at the rally in VT. This is probably one of the better Clymer's that I've read. Clear pictures and decent explanations. I know that there's going to be some procedures that don't make any sense, but at least you're not looking at pictures that are just big black smudges.

Bruce.
post #10 of 16 Old Jul 28th, 2006, 10:33 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwingate
I picked up a copy at the rally in VT. This is probably one of the better Clymer's that I've read. Clear pictures and decent explanations.
Does the Clymer's have a wiring diagram?

Motor On ,/'

post #11 of 16 Old Jul 28th, 2006, 2:12 pm

Looking at the details section of the link referenced above on this book, I find this:

Quote:
CHAPTER NINE / ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
(BODY) Bulbs / Headlight housing / Headlight adjuster cable replacement (LT models) / Turn signal bulb holder / Instrument panel / Electronic equipment box / Relays / Flasher unit / Fuses / Switches / Electrical components / On-board computer (LT models) / Power socket / Horn / Audio assembly / Wiring diagrams / Specifications
And at the very end, it lists
Quote:
INDEX

WIRING DIAGRAMS
Find the whole details posting here

Check the bottom right hand corner of the cover

Tate

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and

post #12 of 16 Old Jul 28th, 2006, 4:40 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted to know. Got mine on order from RepairManual.com

Motor On ,/'

post #13 of 16 Old Jul 28th, 2006, 4:45 pm

And they are in color. With the wire colors printed. Have not had time to check accuracy but look nice and easy to follow just hope they are correct.

Rich Kirker
2002 LTC Pacific Blue
Caliper Moto Lights, Hyper light brake lights, Spiegler brake lines, Ride West side markers, Grip puppies, HyperPro Springs and CA HID Kit.
BMWMOA #124306
2009 Honda Shadow (Wife's)
Blue & Pearl
"Well It’s not rocket science but absolutely a nightmare. At the end of the day you had a fairly unique situation that I personally at this moment in time could see me having as well 24/7. With all due respect, it shouldn’t of happened."
post #14 of 16 Old Jul 28th, 2006, 4:55 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Ordered mine this morning.Got an E-Mail steting it was on BACKORDER!! Dang I hate to wait to long Then about 3 hours later recieved a second E-Mail stating it was being pulled and woulg go to shipping I'm a happy camper again. Have my 24,000 mile servise coming up soon hope this makes it easyer .Bought the bike with13,220 mile on her so this is my first major service. Wish me luck!!

Stevie Shreeve
post #15 of 16 Old Jul 28th, 2006, 5:07 pm

Thumbs up 24000 for me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnapinn
Ordered mine this morning.Got an E-Mail steting it was on BACKORDER!! Dang I hate to wait to long Then about 3 hours later recieved a second E-Mail stating it was being pulled and woulg go to shipping I'm a happy camper again. Have my 24,000 mile servise coming up soon hope this makes it easyer .Bought the bike with13,220 mile on her so this is my first major service. Wish me luck!!
It'ss be here shortly as I ride about every day somewhere. Making a 180 mile round trip to Engle's BMW in Kansas City in the morning. Mainly just to let them know I want to use them from time to time. May have them do a brake fluid change for me. That project I don't think I want to try yet! I do need tranny oil though.

Sooo, I need luck on a 24000 "do it yourself" service as well.

You guys are GREAT!

====

78 years young!
Converted HD rider.
Vern

=====
post #16 of 16 Old Jul 28th, 2006, 5:40 pm

Just received my manual today. It has numerous wiring diagrams (in color I might add) for various electrical systems on the LT. At first glance it appears well done.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in