Dream Come True - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 1:31 am Thread Starter

Dream Come True

When my wife Vicki and I engaged to marry 24 years ago, we shared a dream that one day we would own a touring bike and spend quality time together on it. The long wait began its end a few months ago when a customer of mine with whom I had shared this dream offered me an opportunity to purchase his 2000 LT, which had only 5K miles on it (He owns 3 Harleys and chose to ride them instead of the LT because the LT "didn't make enough f'ing noise." Hah...then I'll take it, thank you. And I'll give that bike what she needs...lots of road to feast on!!!).

I've spent the past 5 or 6 weeks since I bought the bike just getting used to it. I grew up riding dirt bikes through my teen years and hadn't ridden a motorcycle between then and the purchase of my LT several weeks ago. I knew I needed some practice, not only familiarizing myself with the skill of operating a motorcycle on the road, but also in handling the top-heaviest touring bike on the planet - and I didn't want to get my bride up there behind me without some real confidence and experience.

I decided that today was the day we would ride together (rather yesterday, as I'm posting this into a new day). My wife dropped our kids (we have 5 of those critters) at a friend's and I picked her up there. Our first stop was to the local boot shop to outfit her with some riding boots...She looks great in them...Then we were off.

There were t'storms to the north of us so we just headed south and did our first 100 together. I can't express to all of you what a joy it was to see the shadow of my wife up there behind me in the setting sun, her beautiful curls blowing in the breeze behind her helmet, to feel her thighs against my back side and her dozen or so gentle hugs around my chest throughout the course of the ride, to finally be able to reach back while riding and feel her leg there...I could sense the glorious smile on her face as we rode. Our dream had finally come true. And it was far better than our dream because it was real...real engine noise, real wind, real smells and sights from the beautiful back roads we traveled upon, a great machine to take us there...and the reality is something that, God willing, will last for many more years to come...to never again be just a dream.

May the joy my wife and I shared together last evening be yours as well every time you and your SO journey together. May God bless us and keep us safe wherever our cycles take us. Thanks for reading...it's an honor and a pleasure to be part of this with all of you...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010306_1.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	5328   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010307.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	5329  

Bob Darkey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 1:43 am

Congradulations Bobby!
May the three of you have many wounderful miles together.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy $hit...what a ride"-Mavis Leyrer
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Stienbeck
08 CanAm Spyder "Fast Truck"(Wifes')
08 Kawasaki KLR 650 "Lil Dirt Truck"
05 K1200Lt "Lt Truck"
05 Piaggio X9 Reveloution "Lil Truck"

97 International 4700 "Big Truck"

AMA Life Member
BMWMOA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 4:27 am

Congrats! Easy to see you're blessed in many ways and you know it..

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #4 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 6:25 am

Welcome. Enjoy!!!

Joel
'02 K1200LTC
"Mauve Mile-Eater"
post #5 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 7:03 am

BobbyD

Nice post. This picture (Daytona Beach some years ago....we normally wear all the gear but this was fun....) expresses some of the fun I know you've already started having. I'm at nearly 100k miles...good luck.

Is that Harmony as in north of Pit? We should do a ride in central PA one day, I know a great route around Wellsboro.

Ralph
Located: Auckland, New Zealand...
but I left my biking heart along the Scenic Byways of America.....

"Come fill the cup that clears
Today of past regrets and future fears." ....Omar Khayyam
post #6 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 7:07 am

...and the picture.....yikes...I can't seem to attach pikkies, done it plenty of times before..be right back.

Ralph

post #7 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 7:08 am

Couldn't snip nothin, about brought a tear to me eye!

Congrats! get some more practice take some training if it's been that long, be carefull you have 5 kids counting on ya!
take a read of this as well

www.bikershut.net/mc_ins.htm

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkey
When my wife Vicki and I engaged to marry 24 years ago, we shared a dream that one day we would own a touring bike and spend quality time together on it. The long wait began its end a few months ago when a customer of mine with whom I had shared this dream offered me an opportunity to purchase his 2000 LT, which had only 5K miles on it (He owns 3 Harleys and chose to ride them instead of the LT because the LT "didn't make enough f'ing noise." Hah...then I'll take it, thank you. And I'll give that bike what she needs...lots of road to feast on!!!).

I've spent the past 5 or 6 weeks since I bought the bike just getting used to it. I grew up riding dirt bikes through my teen years and hadn't ridden a motorcycle between then and the purchase of my LT several weeks ago. I knew I needed some practice, not only familiarizing myself with the skill of operating a motorcycle on the road, but also in handling the top-heaviest touring bike on the planet - and I didn't want to get my bride up there behind me without some real confidence and experience.

I decided that today was the day we would ride together (rather yesterday, as I'm posting this into a new day). My wife dropped our kids (we have 5 of those critters) at a friend's and I picked her up there. Our first stop was to the local boot shop to outfit her with some riding boots...She looks great in them...Then we were off.

There were t'storms to the north of us so we just headed south and did our first 100 together. I can't express to all of you what a joy it was to see the shadow of my wife up there behind me in the setting sun, her beautiful curls blowing in the breeze behind her helmet, to feel her thighs against my back side and her dozen or so gentle hugs around my chest throughout the course of the ride, to finally be able to reach back while riding and feel her leg there...I could sense the glorious smile on her face as we rode. Our dream had finally come true. And it was far better than our dream because it was real...real engine noise, real wind, real smells and sights from the beautiful back roads we traveled upon, a great machine to take us there...and the reality is something that, God willing, will last for many more years to come...to never again be just a dream.

May the joy my wife and I shared together last evening be yours as well every time you and your SO journey together. May God bless us and keep us safe wherever our cycles take us. Thanks for reading...it's an honor and a pleasure to be part of this with all of you...

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #8 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 7:12 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
Congrats! Easy to see you're blessed in many ways and you know it..
Including a great hair style.

Welcome aboard.
post #9 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 7:41 am

And the best color! Y'all enjoy, tis a beautiful thang.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #10 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 8:30 am

Wow!!!

A great story that most of us can relate to, and the best I can come up with is:

WOW!!!

Ride safe.

'06 K1200LT Ocean Blue Metallic
'06 GL1800 Candy Black Cherry
Recovering Harley Rider

42° 41.663' N / 73° 38.651' W

post #11 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 8:33 am

Congrats on the bike. It is a great thing to share a ride with those you love. My wife and daughter ride with me often. My son is not ready yet, so I'm waiting patiently. Nothing like taking the daughter for ice cream 50 miles away on the bike, or taking a trip with you and the wife for a few days.

May want to consider taking a safety course, probably an Experienced rider course to quicken your confort on the bike. Many sites offer it as a "two up" class also.

Enjoy the rides. It's nice to hear stuff like this.

Rando
post #12 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 8:38 am

Thanks for sharing those sentiments, Bob. I'm sure you will have many more such memories.

Looking forward to seeing you next month at the Tech Session.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #13 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 9:22 am

that's what it is all about

Your note really sums up what this forum is all about - forget about the whinning - it's about the riding. And you did get the best color

JSRalston
'02 LTC - Black

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
Oscar Wilde
post #14 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 9:43 am

How wonderful that you and your wife could make this come true. May you have miles and miles of smiles ahead of you.

Jacques
Dallas, TX USA
'05 K1200LT - '02 Suzuki V-Strom
post #15 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 9:43 am

Wink

A great feeling........................................... ..........
Thanx for saying it...............................................
I was in my 50's when a bike passed us while in our cage and Karen and I looked at each other and....."remember when we were young and......."
We've had many adventures on our bikes....................
Death valley, Kentucky to Oregon, and this summer oregon to Maine and back...
9,000 miles.
It's a whole different ride when Karen is with me..............
We've shared some amazing times.........
See ya' out there.

Allan..Illinois, Oregon, Arkansas, and tomorrow the Universe
2003 K1200LT trike - Starfighter
2004 R1150RTP - Combat Touring
IBA #38152
BMW-MOA 97667
Patriot Guard Riders
...and man of leisure

post #16 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 10:19 am

it's a dream come true. Congrats.

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #17 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 10:43 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmg08057
Is that Harmony as in north of Pit? We should do a ride in central PA one day, I know a great route around Wellsboro.
Yes, 35 miles north of Pittsburgh. I'm up for a RTE in central PA followed by a ride on that Wellsboro route. I'll PM you. Maybe some others would be willing to join us???

Hey, try sending that Daytona photo again. Love to see it. Thanks, Ralph.

Bob Darkey
post #18 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 10:57 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgs
Congrats! get some more practice take some training if it's been that long, be carefull you have 5 kids counting on ya!
take a read of this as well

www.bikershut.net/mc_ins.htm

Tom
Thanks, Tom. Good info in that link. Thankfully, I'm covered...and, yes, it's the kids who provide all the motivation needed to ensure that things like this are in order.

Took the MSF Basic Course last month as part of my prep and training and plan to take the ERC next year on the LT, possibly with my wife hanging on. Thanks to you and "rando" for suggesting this.

Bob Darkey
post #19 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 11:15 am

Quote:
Thanks, Tom. Good info in that link. Thankfully, I'm covered...and, yes, it's the kids who provide all the motivation needed to ensure that things like this are in order.

Took the MSF Basic Course last month as part of my prep and training and plan to take the ERC next year on the LT, possibly with my wife hanging on. Thanks to you and "rando" for suggesting this.

shoot no problem, I learned the hard way is why I wrote that, the most important probably is short term and long term dissabillity insurance

the BRC is pretty good for a beginer I'm sure you were bored through the firt excersies, but bet ya probably were reminded of a few things the sencond session, don't wait a year to take the ERC it is not that much more advanced over the BRC, in fact barely is and is not faster just a little more technical. there are better advanced courses out there than the ERC

Tom

Tom

post #20 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 11:50 am

I think it has been said... WOW!

I am sitting here at work, and missing my wife in Iraq and read this, brought a tear to my eye...ok a few of them. You are 100% correct in riding with a loved one is different than riding by yourself. You are more alert, more defensive and more offensive when you need to be. Almost safer if you will. That is the good side of it...now on the blessed side of it, she is there with you, holding you, close to you and you are enjoying and experiencing things together, or as I say... "Building Memories"

My first beemer was the K75s and still today I love that thing, but she didn't like it, I bought an RT and she wouldn't ride unless the topbox was there, always uneasy, never leaning into the curves with me. Then the K12RS, I MADE her lean into curves with me.. She then fell inlove with the RT. Then in Redmond Oregon at the BMWOA rally, I borrowed a guys LT and she jumped on there and immediately felt "safe" or "comfort" so, we rode it only a few miles, I never got out of 4th, and then parked it. This year she was in Iraq and has asked me on several occasions "Remember that bike we rode in Oregon?" so, I bought this one, silver, same color and same year. (all by chance) and I have got it decked out, and that is why the motivation to put everything on it before she gets home....and that she will cut up my credit cards...haha.

Darkey, what you said in the start of this thread is EXACTLY what I am hoping for. She and I have never ridden more than a couple hours together. Our schedules and daughter have never provided the opportunity. So, that is another reason for my big ride...so I can go get used to my bike and see what she can and cannot do. My wife has mentioned she wants to take the RT for a cross country ride to NC, boy will she be surprised when she sees the LT in the garage... I can't wait.

Enjoy you wife, Enjoy your bike, Enjoy your rides..
Enjoy it enough to appreciate the short lives we have and Make those "memories" and share with those 5 special blessings.

God Bless you, and your willingness to open up and we all enjoyed you sharing with us. A family.....

Bill

Colorado Springs, CO
2003 K1200LTE "Infinite"
2002 HD FXDL "Kristi"
2002 K1200RS "Monique"
1996 R1100RT "Kami"
1988 K75s no name
post #21 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 12:56 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieceofficer
I am sitting here at work, and missing my wife in Iraq ...

My wife has mentioned she wants to take the RT for a cross country ride to NC, boy will she be surprised when she sees the LT in the garage... I can't wait...

God Bless you, and your willingness to open up and we all enjoyed you sharing with us. A family.....
Bill,

Thanks a lot for telling your story as well. I didn't see anything about your wife on your profile. Is she serving there in the military? If so, all of us are grateful to her, and to you and your daughter for your sacrifice. We're able to do what we do so freely in this country, largely on account of those who have given of themselves. Whether one agrees with our country's position on the war in Iraq is not the issue. The fact that so many are willing to go there to protect our freedom is remarkable to me. I have a nephew in the Air Force and a childhood friend of my eldest sons who came to spend three days with us two weeks ago before heading off with his Army company to Afganistan.

May your wife have a safe return to you and your beautiful daughter and may you be blessed with "Infinite" memories on your LT.

Bob Darkey
post #22 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 2:01 pm

Quote:
I can't express to all of you what a joy it was to see the shadow of my wife up there behind me in the setting sun, her beautiful curls blowing in the breeze behind her helmet, to feel her thighs against my back side and her dozen or so gentle hugs around my chest throughout the course of the ride, to finally be able to reach back while riding and feel her leg there...
Hey buddy... Keep both hands on the bars and your eyes on the road!!!
Just kidding...!
I like feeling Kathy behind me and touching her left thigh just to make sure it is was not just a dream, sometime using the cruise control to free up my right hand...
I am an every other weekend dad and my wonderful twin girls just turned 10, so my riding is scheduled around them. Either way I win!

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #23 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 3:20 pm

..here it is, thanks Dave Dragon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Daytona04_2_x50.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	5346  

Ralph

post #24 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 3:32 pm

Bobby!

Great post and thanks for sharing. My wife and I were married last February after we both lost spouses to cancer some years ago. She loves to ride with me on the LT and we have been on several short and medium rides and a few overnighters.

If you ever get down to the York, PA area give us a shout and we can meet up. We live just south, just inside Maryland.

I have folks in the Altoona area not too far from you so if we head up that way, I'll give you a holla!

I am guessing that you are Steeler fans but we like you anyway!

Dave
Monkton, MD
and Pawleys Island, SC
2002 K1200LTC

Last edited by Daman858; Jul 26th, 2006 at 3:33 pm. Reason: spelin, whot elze?
post #25 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 3:45 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmg08057
..here it is, thanks Dave Dragon.
Awesome pic, Ralph (thanks, Dave). With the right aftermarket water-propulsion accessories, you could just hang a right and you'd be on your way to Europe!

Safe riding to you and your Lovely.

Bob Darkey
post #26 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 3:52 pm

Thumbs up

Bobby-
Couldnt agree more. We spend a great week riding the backroads og Ohio, KY and WV on the LT and my wife cant wait to get out again. The only thing better is when your kids are ready to go with you. Best wishes to you, your wife and the journies ahead.

Jim in Dublin, OH

PS - Im from Pittsburgh and my wifes was just north of you from Plain City, PA. If your ever out my way give me a call. We would love to go for a ride.

Jim in Dublin, OH

2005 - LT Ocean Blue (Catuffalo - Part Cat / Part Buffalo)
2002 - Moto Guzzi Cal Spec Sport
2000 - Moto Guzzi V11 Sport
post #27 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 3:54 pm

Great thread....Enjoy.....I love you man......LOL
post #28 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 5:56 pm

Sometimes the Hometown says it all

Really enjoyed your post and the resultant thread.

You and your lovely wife truly DO live in Harmony!!!

BMWMOA #126325
2003 K1200LT- The Brown Buffalo
2000 VLX - The wife's
1999 Concours - Plum Crazy
1998 KX 250 + 4 others

Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is mystery,
Today is a gift from God......
That's why they call it "the present".
post #29 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 6:13 pm

Wow! This is the stuff that Barry Manilow lives for....
post #30 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 7:15 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daman858
I have folks in the Altoona area not too far from you so if we head up that way, I'll give you a holla!

I am guessing that you are Steeler fans but we like you anyway!
Please contact me if you're this way. Lookin' for any reason to take a ride.

Yes we are Steeler fans, and you're no doubt Ravens fans. Isn't it amazing the barriers that can be torn down by the mutual love of a motorcycle?!!!

Bob Darkey
post #31 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 8:02 pm

Welcome to LT ownership !!

Great story of love & dreams come true .... Best of all is the COLOR of that bike !! Those who have it Know CANYON RED is the best.

Congrats.
Scott

"00" Canyon Red LTI ~ Well Farklized ~ Bug Splattered
Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

T
wisties Required

post #32 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 8:32 pm

awesome..was good read..have fun and stay safe..and if you get to Montana, be sure to ride the "beartooth highway" and the "going to the sun highway"..

Hbar
03 K1200 LT
03 Springer Softail w/103ci stroker
BMWMOA# 125650
IBA# 22972
post #33 of 36 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 8:53 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyby
Wow! This is the stuff that Barry Manilow lives for....
I'm getting all veklempt over here...

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #34 of 36 Old Jul 27th, 2006, 10:58 pm

Darkey

Bobby,

Yes, Penny is in the Military. She is a Mental Health Specialist/Combat Medic. She "signed up" in Nov 1999, and we were Married Dec 27th 1999(during her Exodus break in Basic Training, Y2K ya know..haha), I wish I could say it has been a happy marriage through and through..but it as all, it hasn't been. We both had a lot of growing up to do. She was 20, I was 24.

The Military is a tough road, I did a 4yr enlistment in the USAF as an MP/Search and Recover. I cleaned up one Stealth Crash in NM(94-95), I cleaned up an F16 Crash, a C-130 Crash, and ultimately Oklahoma City Bombing. I went in in 93 and OUT in 97. Became a cop....working at Adams State College in Alamosa Colorado.....stopped this car for almost striking a pedestrian in the crosswalk...gave her a ticket, and then married her almost 2yrs later.

She is on her 3rd Tour to Iraq, and this one sucks. She had just spent 13mos in Tikrit Iraq and returned to Ft. Bragg NC Nov 19th 2005, and was given Orders within a week of that to Ft. Carson CO(which we wanted), we arrived here Dec 24th, she got orders for Iraq Mid Jan, and gone Mid Feb. Whe she got here, the unit 10th Combat Support Hospital she was assigned to was already in Theatre...as they had JUST replaced her unit a couple months earlier. SO she had to be with her Unit..so she was OFF again. She will be home in 10wks and counting.

Thank you for your sentiments. It is always nice to hear from people..I am not asking you to email her...but if you feel you would like to say "hi" or something you all feel free to.

[email protected]

Do NOT tell her how much crap I am doing to the bike....or I will be DEAD when she gets home...hahahahaha. Don't worry about talking about bikes...she has NO clue what a RS LT GS etc is...so you won't let the cat out of the bag by mentioning that..haha.

Thanks again sir for your patriotism. It is well needed and deserved.

Bill

Colorado Springs, CO
2003 K1200LTE "Infinite"
2002 HD FXDL "Kristi"
2002 K1200RS "Monique"
1996 R1100RT "Kami"
1988 K75s no name
post #35 of 36 Old Jul 28th, 2006, 11:15 am

Quote:
Bobby,

Yes, Penny is in the Military. She is a Mental Health Specialist/Combat Medic. She "signed up" in Nov 1999, and we were Married Dec 27th 1999(during her Exodus break in Basic Training, Y2K ya know..haha), I wish I could say it has been a happy marriage through and through..but it as all, it hasn't been. We both had a lot of growing up to do. She was 20, I was 24.

The Military is a tough road, I did a 4yr enlistment in the USAF as an MP/Search and Recover. I cleaned up one Stealth Crash in NM(94-95), I cleaned up an F16 Crash, a C-130 Crash, and ultimately Oklahoma City Bombing. I went in in 93 and OUT in 97. Became a cop....working at Adams State College in Alamosa Colorado.....stopped this car for almost striking a pedestrian in the crosswalk...gave her a ticket, and then married her almost 2yrs later.

She is on her 3rd Tour to Iraq, and this one sucks. She had just spent 13mos in Tikrit Iraq and returned to Ft. Bragg NC Nov 19th 2005, and was given Orders within a week of that to Ft. Carson CO(which we wanted), we arrived here Dec 24th, she got orders for Iraq Mid Jan, and gone Mid Feb. Whe she got here, the unit 10th Combat Support Hospital she was assigned to was already in Theatre...as they had JUST replaced her unit a couple months earlier. SO she had to be with her Unit..so she was OFF again. She will be home in 10wks and counting.

Thank you for your sentiments. It is always nice to hear from people..I am not asking you to email her...but if you feel you would like to say "hi" or something you all feel free to.

[email protected]

Do NOT tell her how much crap I am doing to the bike....or I will be DEAD when she gets home...hahahahaha. Don't worry about talking about bikes...she has NO clue what a RS LT GS etc is...so you won't let the cat out of the bag by mentioning that..haha.

Thanks again sir for your patriotism. It is well needed and deserved.

ok we won't tell her, but I heard tale that our Own U.S. Navy Surgeon General may be headed there soon, so we will let him tell her <grin>

Don give her a heads up that hubby is pending tons of money on the bike <hehehehe>

(BTW tell her thanks for her service)

and if she gets to meet - Don Arthur US Navy Surgeon General tell him the LT group says Hi!

Tom

post #36 of 36 Old Jul 28th, 2006, 11:24 am

Quote:
Do NOT tell her how much crap I am doing to the bike....or I will be DEAD when she gets home...hahahahaha.

ok I thought I should send her a e-mail

Dear Penny, I'm tom from the BMWLT list and your loving hubby has wrote of you there, so we wanted to say thanks for your service

he also mentioned something about

Not to worry about the 30,000.00 dollar bmw credit card he just got being maxed out, because it isn't maxed out, and that you will sincerely love the NEW K1200GT he bought you when you get home, there is plenty of room left on the card for a small vacation some new gear and a ERC course when you get home, he thought you were well deserving of such a fine machine and couldn't think of a better item for you to enjoy when you return home

Sincerely the loving folks from BMWLT.COM

<hehehehehehe>

Tom <runing for cover>

No I really didn't send that............ YET

Tom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in