LTC, LTI, LT std - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Jul 25th, 2006, 8:25 am Thread Starter

LTC, LTI, LT std

Okay, is this somewhere else on here, the definitive differences in the LTC, LTI, etc? What are the differences in the Standard and Custom and Icon and are there others? I am looking at 03 mostly, because of the pricing.

Is this a HoW deal or has it been discussed ad nauseum and I've missed it?

Thanks guys,,,,
Rando
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Jul 25th, 2006, 9:07 am

I don't know if they kept the "Icon" moniker after 1999 or 2000.

LT - standard, no chrome, forget what else it doesn't come with.

LTC - What I have (2002). Chrome accents, luggage rack, 6disc cd changer.

LT Elite - Had GPS, intercom, and bag liners above the LTC.

I'm sure others will give more detailed info.

James Ranks
2008 BMW R1200RT 7200 miles
2005 BMW R1200GS 13000 miles (Sold)
2002 Yamaha FZ1 (Sold) 11000 miles
2002 BMW K1200LTC 29900 miles (Sold)
2002 Yamaha VSTAR-650 Silverado (Sold) 9100 miles
post #3 of 11 Old Jul 25th, 2006, 10:20 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by rando
Okay, is this somewhere else on here, the definitive differences in the LTC, LTI, etc? What are the differences in the Standard and Custom and Icon and are there others? I am looking at 03 mostly, because of the pricing.

Thanks guys,,,,
Rando
My 2001 Icon upgrades consisted of the CD changer and the little computer, the BC. I think it was the last year of the Icon, and those items were on the Standard model starting in 2002. The Custom added the chrome side bits and mirrors.

Blessings!
munson+

The Rev. John Munson
Vicar,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Burkburnett, Texas
Vicar,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Wichita Falls, Texas
2007 R1200RT "REV ZM"
IRON BUTT ASSOC. #37813
See my video:

post #4 of 11 Old Jul 25th, 2006, 1:43 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rando

Thanks guys,,,,
Rando
You need to identify the year. They are different at mostly every year. I have a 2001 LTC (chrome, CD changer, Alarm, Top Rack with LED) and if I were to buy used again I would not consider anything other than an Elite.. On a new purchase you don't have a choice anymore. BMW did a lot of bundling to sell bikes. I added a GPS, comm system and CB and that took me well over a bike that contained everything I wanted. I knew I wanted these options but underestimated the total cost.

Jack D. (Southern Connecticut)
2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA
post #5 of 11 Old Jul 25th, 2006, 2:07 pm Thread Starter

Funny my original reply to this one got lost between the replise to the other thread on salvage titles.

Looking at 03s mostly. The local one has intercom, CB, BC, chrome, rack, etc. I'm guessing it's a CUStom, BUT HOW DOES ONE KNOW? I'd gladly trade the CD changer for a GPS. Don;t guess I get my choice on udsed however.

rANDO
post #6 of 11 Old Jul 25th, 2006, 2:14 pm

In the stingray, if it has intercom, it is probably elite.
Could have been added afterwards.

I'm guessing only VIN would tell, and I'm not sure how to do that.

What you have listed is Custom.
Elite would also have Intercom, GPS (Which on used, sometimes is missing, because they think you might not know about it), and bag liners for the sides and topcases made of leather.

I haven't looked at used prices, but if they list more for an elite, don't pay it unless you get the goodies that go with it, otherwise it is just a custom.

James Ranks
post #7 of 11 Old Jul 25th, 2006, 2:27 pm Thread Starter

Thanks. What is the "stingray" to which you refer?

The guy who has the local bike bought it because it is BMW, not because he knew much about it. He's had over a year and only in the last month figured out how to turn on radio, since he never used the radio or the bike much. He has 3 or 4 other bikes besides this one, plus a plethora of BMW cars. He and wife never got comfy with the bulk of the LT so he's selling it. He has no idea if its std, custom or what. I'm trying to identify what it is, plus the others I am looking at.

The GPS mount is on top of the tank and says Garmin, so I'm figgering it to be an aftermarket add-on. The GPS doesn't come with it. No bag liners that I know of.

Does have BC, CB, Changer, rack. And it's black. He says it's an 03.

rando
post #8 of 11 Old Jul 25th, 2006, 2:41 pm

Look below radio, above seat. There is a keylock that opens a small door.

Inside that door can be either cassette, single CD, possibly switches to control an intercom.

If It's got the switches, it is PROBABLY an elite, but may have been a custom with the intercom added after the fact.

If it doesn't come with all three gps, bags, intercom.....
I wouldn't pay a higher margin for an "elite", because that is the difference from a custom and you won't be getting it.

It sounds like you have a custom, or an elite without the removable goodies.
Its definately not a standard or Icon.

James Ranks
post #9 of 11 Old Jul 25th, 2006, 2:54 pm Thread Starter

It has the single CD. The passenger has a power port and a 5 pin connector, and a black rubber-booted push button. This, I am assuming, is the intercom. Owner has no headsets and doesn't know for sure himself.

It does have chrome mirrors and a few other chrome tidbits. I'll check it more this evening. I have to do some graphics work on an old 2 stroke 500 suzuki he recently acquired.

He''s asking $11.5K for 14K miles and is going to finance for me. Seems like a reasonable deal, if I don;t find a better one.

Thanks
Rando
post #10 of 11 Old Jul 25th, 2006, 5:35 pm

Buy it Today!

This is a great deal! The bike has barely run in. Don't tell anyone who the seller is - you could be sorry! It's got all the "stuff" that you need :

Tell us how'ya like it when you get it.

Regards
Allen
post #11 of 11 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 8:08 am Thread Starter

Looked again - at the single CD area, there is a row of switches, so I'm guessing that's the intercom stuff referenced above. He also has a rack that replaces teh top case (fort worth rack?). If I buy this one, I'm going to try to get him to throw that in, too.

The bike is sitting in his front yard with a for sale sign. So far, he says most people have no idea what it is around here. OF course, if it's not a crotch rocket or a harley, no one is quite sure what to make of anything.

And you will all hear about it when I get it, for sure. Good, bad, or ugly.....thanks ya'll
rando

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in